In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 9 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  iceprincess1921 Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 am

AJ- you are so funny girl! As much as I found some 3FC'ers helpful, I also found some that were a bit negative. They came far and few but when they did, man did they rain on my parade, lol. Anyway---the important thing is that we have this forum and all of us are on FB too, so thats super helpful.

Mygrits- Ok, I missed quite a bit when I took a break, so--when did Bubba get a job and what is he doing? OH--AND YAY THAT BUBBA GOT A JOB!! Lol, this is obviously your year, good for you--I prayed a lot for your family in hopes that things would turn around quickly. So, personal trainer huh? Where did you meet him at? Which raises my next question for everyone:

EVERYONE: since most of us have lost more or less weight, is there any certain body part that you DONT like anymore? When I was heavier, I used to HATE my bat wings, OMG...HATED THEM, lol...now that Ive lost weight, I am noticing a kangaroo pouch and Im like...OMG...Ive always had a belly but it still looked "pretty", now I see this excess skin and it makes me scared that I am going to have to get some sort of surgery to fix the issue bc I am NOT going to walk around with all this skin. Im working on tightening up but Ive read that lose skin is sometimes hopeless bc its genetic.

Maddiesmom- I want your inner voice too!!! Man girly, you sure do have some will power these days, yay for you. OH and dont think I didnt hear the comment of "even if I dont make it to the gym", lol...you WILL make it to the gym, ok...ok...I know you cant make it all the time but you are far exceeding anyones gym time these days, keep up the good work, it is obviously doing wonders for you!

Dance - what home project are you working on that you had to make a trip to the store? I love going to Lowes, Im such a guy, lol.

OK, so something very scary happening this morning and I wonder if any of you have experienced this? I was walking with my mom and we were talking about weight loss and I was telling her how I wanted to get to like 120, well...she recently lost some weight and she is 5 foot at 115 and virtually a skeleton these days (but considered height/weight proportionate), anyway--she got very alarmed when she realized my goal and was like, I think that is waaay too skinny, look at me at my height and weight and Im like, yea...maybe you're right, maybe 130 is more appropriate, once again-shes like "Nicole, I think you are perfect right now, you dont carry your weight like most girls and certainly dont look your size" (this is weird coming from my mom because she has always felt I could stand to lose some weight), so then I said "mom, are you kidding me, Im still the fat chick, I am still fat", so--we both kinda stopped and looked at each other and Im like, OMG...mom, Im a size 8 and think Im fat and shes like, uh yea--this is bad. Now, Ive said this time and time again but I guess its just now sinking into my head. Do you girls ever sit there and see this huge weight loss and STILL think you look big? This is scary to me, how do I know when too small is really too small, obviously 120 or even 130 for that matter is going to be too small. Just a point of topic Id like to hear. I realize I need to work on this, its just a matter of how. Even looking at my bday pics (which I took hundreds, lol)...do I think I look better than I did, yes...do I think I look skinny...not even close. In fact, when I see myself in the pics, I see myself as the fattest girl at the party--what is up with this? Sorry for my tangent today, just had to vent and hear everyone elses thoughts.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:47 am

mygrits - you are very much on my mind these days - I'm having the 'be good all day, then eat too much after 8pm' issue you mentioned a while back. And I'm not really eating junk either - sliced almonds, lf cheese, grapes. I'm going to seriously work on it tonight - maybe get some crystal light popsicles. I think when I'm reading in bed at night, I start to stress out about all this stuff that's going on and maybe that's why I get the munchies. No more comfort eating here!

maddiesmom - woohoo for the great run! how's your back feeling?

aj - girl, you crack me up! I bet she's just jealous of you being young and gorgeous Smile I had a weird experience on 3fc on the running thread with someone who gave me a major lecture on being an irresponsible 'beginner' runner and not knowing what I'm doing during my knee issues this summer. I've been running since 1986 - longer than some of you have been on this planet! I used to run 6-8 miles a day in college and I had the same knee issues occasionally back then. She really irked me so I just dropped out of the conversation - who needs that negative energy! Anyway, glad we have this super positive circle of support right here - that's all I need!

lindy - I'm having all kinds of fun at Home Depot - I love it that people bring their dogs there, btw. I was picking up some new light fixtures, new front door hardware and some replacement window latches - nothing super exciting. As far as the weight stuff goes, I have always thought that 130 would be awfully low on you - if you're a size 8 now, wouldn't that make you a zero or a 2? I think you would lose all your curves pretty much. So it depends on what you want of course but for general health and for being attractive to guys (as opposed to being fashion-model-y), I wouldn't think you would want to get that low. The whole body part thing is a hoot - my latest annoyance is the cellulite on the back of my thighs - I tried on a bathing suit in one of those evil mirrors where it's lined up to give you a back view at the same time and just about died. The front side of my legs look fairly normal and running's been a big help but the back of my thighs are so not pretty and I'm not sure they'll get a whole lot better even as I lose. I'm still going to give it a shot so at least they'll be less surface area to be ripple-y. Body image is a strange thing - when I was heavier, I thought of myself as being lighter than I was. Now, I think of myself as heavier than I am - I wonder how long it takes to get a reasonable body image going after you make a change.

I'm working from home today and we have some light snow flurries outside but they should go away soon. I'm planning on a run at lunch and a walk after work with a buddy that's coming over for dinner (thai chicken with veggies) and to help me pack up my bookshelves so it should be a good day for exercise. Anyone want to join me for three miles?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 am

Nikki-since I've lost weight, I have noticed that I have a little extra skin here and there. Nothing major but I feel like my stomach doesn't look as tighter? even though I'm smaller. It's weird. and I agree 120 or 130 would be way too small for you. I think you look great now and a size 8 is great!!! I have had similar things happen to me which is why I've kind of backed off this whole diet thing. I tell peole how much more I want to lose and they are like.. are you kidding? Don't do that you'll look emaciated. You look good now. But I still feel like the "fat chick" It's really weird. My husband keeps telling me over and over that he doesn't want me to lose too much but at the same time he wants me to be happy. He said, I'm beautiful as I am now and he loves my body. Now... he's said this before.. but it seems honest now because he'll tell me out of the blue. Everyone I know is afraid I will begin to look too bony. When.. in my mind.. I'm thinking that could never happen! I do have areas of my body that are getting bony and not as curvy as before. I don't want to be all bones. Maybe there really is such as thing as "big boned" haha. So.. yeah.. I understand.. when do we call it.. "enough"? This really does scare me because I had a friend that lost a ton of weight.. and she just wouldn't stop until she was completely anorexic looking.. all bones. It just didn't look good. I really don't want this to be me. I like having curves but at the same time I don't want to feel like the biggest girl in the room. I guess it all comes down to a self esteem issue and figuring out what exactly you want and how YOU feel..

Oh.. so I can barely move by the way.. my body is sore everywhere after doing 30DS yesterday. OMG. I felt like I was going to die when I finished it. Pain is gain.. haha. I do want to tighten up everything.. I'm not really obsessed with the scale anymore.
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 am

Wow you girls are on a topic I know nothing about. When I was in high school, I stayed right aroun 160, except for one dip down to 145. I was a size 12 when I was 145, so I have always set my goal at 125 because I think that would make me like a 4 or a 6. It boggles my mind that you (Lindy) are the same height but such a lower size at that weight but that's just how our bodies work. And mind you, I was not a flabby 145, I had toned abs and pretty much muscle everywhere because I always did alot of sports and activities. Even at the high weight I am at now, I feel alot smaller than I am until I see a picture of myself. Like the picture Don put up on FB of me after our 5k, I think I look huge compared to how I feel. But yet I've gotten comments from several people how the loss is really noticable in that picture. Wow, jsut took a tangent there...But anyways, I don't really have anything add to the discussion because I have never experienced getting anywhere near my goal.

Maddiesmom. Congrats on your awesome time on the 3 miles. Now I have a goal to catch up with you!!!

Lindy and Dancer...oh how I loooove Home Depot and Lowes. They just get waaay too much of my money though. They don't bring their dogs in here! I would love that too.

AJ...lol at the conflict with the 3fc'ers.

Neesy, I think I may do the 30ds tongiht since you say you are so sore. I am always looking for something to make me sore. It tends to not happen though, although I do remember being really sore the first time I did that.

Last night I had my mom over for dinner and I cooked homemade sloppy joes. I had a half sandwich on 1 piece of whole grain bread and had a spinach salad on the side with like half a teaspoon of ranch. Then, afterwords, my mom and Don and I each did about 6 boxing rounds on the Wii. Suprisingly I'm not sore. Last time I did boxing my arms were KILLING ME.

The inexplicable 5 lb gain is just about gone. Weighed 281.2 this morning (half lb up from last friday). LOL, first time I got on I was 282.something and I stomped on it cause I was PISSED. Got on one more time for good measure and dropped a lb! Yes, my name is Tiffany and I beat my scale into submission. Better than my husband right? I'm gonna try to weigh on the Wii Fit tonight to see if my scale is broken because there is no scientific reason why I could have gained a real 5 lbs. No Tom, some bad eating but not that much. My calories have been perfect this week and have been eating the healthy whole foods instead of crap. Don isn't weighing right now so I can't use him as a judge if the scale is broken. And like I said, my pants are like looser than ever and I know I'm not bloated by the way my ring is fitting. Ugh, stupid scale.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:53 am

Tiff: The weight gain could just be that you are building more muscles, which would explain why your clothes are loose. That's why I measure myself as well as check my weight...sometimes the tape measure is kinder than the scale! Try putting a 10 pound bag of potatoes or something on your scale to see if it is reading correctly.

Dance, my back is doing better, but since I'm doing physical therapy exercises, as well as working out, etc. I am using back muscles I never knew I had, so I'm sore. But, there's a difference between the pain of being sore and then just pain. My insurance company only approved 4 PT sessions, my doctor wanted 12, so I'm trying to make it work.

Lindy: I too am concerned about the extra skin. I have bat wings that could smack someone if I waved! LOL My biggest concern is my stomach and my arms. That's where the skin is hanging. My hubby said that if the skin "doesn't go back" so to speak, he's more than happy with me getting a tummy tuck or something after we're done having kids.

I'm the opposite of all of you...I still feel just as large as I did when I was 60 pounds heavier. Even though my clothes are loose and I'm dropping sizes, but I still feel super fat. I tried on a pair of my 22's the other day (I'm a 16 now..wahoo) and the change was amazing. I guess I need to work on my body image because I really don't see the change except in my face.

Here's a poll question for everyone...Is one part of your body shrinking more than the rest? Example, my lower body is a 16, but I'm still shopping for 18's in the tops and I have been for quite sometime. Last weekend was the first time I could get a Misses top. Kinda irritating, especially when trying to buy a suit. Just curious if you guys are experiencing the same thing.

Have a great day ladies!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Maddiesmom, I'm not sure that it could really be muscle gain. I haven't done any strength training AT ALL before or since this magical gain. But maybe. I just want to hope that the scale is wrong. LOL. Don't we all?

To answer your poll question, I was always the same size on tops and bottoms while I was gaining. Now that I'm loosing, my top is shrinking faster. I'm wearing almost all XXL or an 18/20 from Lane Bryant, but they are getting pretty loose and when I went shopping this weekend I bought an XL in one sweater and probably should have bought an XL in a shirt I bought. BUT, when in pants, I fit perfectly in a 22 that I just bought from Old Navy but in nearly all other brands I fit perfectly in a 24 or they are slightly big. So, I guess I could say I'm a 23...lol! I was wearing a 26 yesterday though and decided they must be retired. I had about 3 extra inches in the waist. My thighs don't seem to be shrinking as much either. The more I think about it, I am really not losing consistently anywhere. It's just coming off whereever it pleases.

I don't wear suits though. Basically all of my tops are knits with a few button downs. I would probably be in a larger size up top because of my giant arms if I were wearing suits.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Tiff: You don't have to be lifting weights or doing a weight routine to gain muscle. Just think how your muscles are building doing all those 5Ks. Or, your body may be retaining water from all your running, as you are building muscles, soemtimes your muscles hold on to that water.

Doing ok today...totally unmotivated, but what can you do? I'm trying to make my lunch a little heavier and then having an extremely light dinner. We'll see how that works. I may be doing another home Mr. Hott workout tonight...that would be 3 days in a row. Maybe 30DS? Haven't decided...still a little sore from physical therapy today.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Howdy girls!

Apparently TOM is the reason behind my late night munchies - not great timing with all I have going on in the next few days but oh well.

tifftiff - one of the explanations that I found interesting with weight fluctuations is that your muscles when used more than usual (like your race this weekend or a big workout) have little micro-tears (which is how you get stronger so it's a good thing) and that causes them to hold on to water causing your weight to fluctuate. And you probably wouldn't see it in your fingers unless your hands got a major workout. It seems to be true for me - maybe that explains your weird blip this week. Congrats on your rapidly dropping sizes - that must be so exciting! Are you going through your closets putting aside the stuff that is too big? That was one of my favorite things this summer when I was losing the most Smile

maddiesmom - hmm... Just my 2 cents but sounds to me like you need a killer new pair of jeans and sexy boots or something like that - something that makes you feel good about your new body because you've made WAAAY too much progress not to be thrilled with yourself!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Ladies,

Wow, interesting topics today. Ok, in regards to Lindy's question on feeling fat........yes, I felt the same way when I lost the 85 lbs. I was at 183 and wanted to get to 150. My husband, children and friends were worried because I was already 'small' in their eyes. I was wearing a size 10. Now I lose in my face and have high cheekbones, so I can start looking thin in the face. I really thought that was why, but when I started seeing pictures of myself I couldn't believe how small I appeared. When I bought clothes I was shocked at how loose they were because I still had the 'fat girl' mindset. I do agree that even 130 would be too low for you. Possibly 150, but it does depend on your body shape, etc.. I guess it really comes down to, "How do you feel?" "Are you happy and comfortable where you are now?" Possibly just some toning and light strength training to tighten is all you need? I think you look awesome myself Very Happy

Oh yes my yucky body part is my bat wings, and now jiggly arse and thighs..........ugh. This is WHY I am getting a trainer in March, Mr Hott Rick......LOL.. He works next door from the Health Food Store. He is a 5th degree Black Belt and has been working out and body building for over 20 years. Super, super nice guy and yes.........Hott........LOL.

Dance I unerstand the nice munchies....it is so hard to break the habit. The last week I have a handle on it....sort of. I am muching, but on healthier foods, although I am really hungry when I go to bed and starving when I wake up. I guess that means I am losing...LOL. I miss my junk food, but I feel so much better being away from it. Lately I have been eating my frozen rice chocolate bar and if I am still hungry I am having a slice of toast with PB.

I need to walk the dog and will come back on here when I get back. He is REALLy bugging me!
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Ok, I'm back from the walk.

Continuing......Lindy, Bubba is working at as the lead Chef at a restaurant here. He enjoys it except for the aching back and feet from the work. I think it has been a blessing that he has had the experience, because I am sure it has helped his knowledge of running a restaurant (ie his dream). I personally think him backing out of the idea for now is good, and just focusing on our home business, and competition cooking when we can afford it. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers, because I know they are helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your awesome!!! Very Happy

Ok, I may be absent the next couple of days, because we are headed to Georgia. Bubba wants to go up for a training with Zoe at their corporate office. I usually take my lap top on trips like this, but since we are only spending tomorrow night gone and Saturday afternoon, I will probably leave it at home. I don't think my Blackberry can get on here???? Hmmmm... Anyway, I am anxious to get out of town, however my food has been so good, I hate that I will be out-of-routine. So, I need to do some serious food planning before we leave. I did buy some yummy home made granola for a snack, and will pack some oatmeal. I hate this.............ugh! Crying or Very sad

I will write when we get back...........Miss you all.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

mygrits - can you bring a cooler with fruit and healthy stuff? I think that helps a ton on the road. Have a good trip!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Dance-I use the recipe from the biggest loser. I will post it for you tomorrow if you want it. Didnt get my 3miles in today but did some weights at the boys house. Gonna use the ab lounger tonight too.

Sandy-rest up on your trip if you can. I just sent you a PM on here, FB wasnt working for me.

Vicky-42 minutes, I am impressed. I am at about 48 minutes. I need to speed it up. You willpower is amazing. Its the little choices like that that will help us get to goal. To answer your question, I always lose first in my arms/hands, legs/feet. I wish I lost as fast in my stomach.

AJ-you can def lose with whole wheats and veggies. How is work?

NIkki-to answer you question, I have a muffin top(lol) and I hate it. Its a lot smaller now but still not where I like it. My stomach is my main thing. I am not liking the loose skin, yuck. I'm loving the muscles though. I think you are just gonna have to see what weight you love your body. If its at 150, 140, I think you will know. If you are already an 8 I think 120 would be way too small. Plus from your pics on FB, you already look absolutely gorgeous.

Neesy-you'll have a love/hate relationship with 30ds. By the end of the 30 days, I was so glad it was over but was so happy with all the inches I lost even though I only lost 4 lbs while doing it.

Tiff-the 5 lbs were probably just from all the running and your muscles holding onto water. Glad they are gone. I need to pull out the wii fit, havent used it since I went to Alabama. Did you get wii fit plus, it has more "games" and you can customize workouts and not have to stop in between them all. I like it a lot more.

Ive been working all week and didnt make it to the gym yesterday or today. But luckily the boys parents have a weight machine and an ab lounger so I am gonna use them tonight. Going shopping for a birthday present for my hubby tomorrow. I just realized its almost 930, I am supposed to be on my way to keep the boys but at least they are sleeping by now. Love you all

Staccie-we miss you!!!!
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Dance Maybe I will get some nice boots as a treat...but then again, i don't want to spend a ton of money on something I'm not going to wear for long (my feet shrank too!) Smile I think I'm losing in my lower body again, I was wearing my 16's today and they were loose in the waist. Now, if only I was losing more in my "upper" stomach.

Lindy I agree with the other ladies...if you are feeling comfortable and confident where you are, I say, maintain. If you want to be at 140, take it 5 lbs at a time and you may realize that you look great (which you already do!)

Sandy: We've missed you. So glad that Bubba found a job. Never underestimate the power of prayer! Have fun on your little trip...you could always pack some healthy granola bars or almonds to take with you to curb your cravings.

I have the opposite problem. My goal is 175, I'm almost 5'9 but I'm thinking now that by looking at my body, I'm not sure that's going to be my end goal. I'm going to take my own advice and see how I look and feel at 175 before I make any further goals. Right now...the goal is 214 by 2/14. I REALLY want to reach 175 before the hubby and I have another baby (which I really want to have another one...I tell ya, I'd have like 10 kids by now if I could afford it), but then again, I'm scared that I'll gain a ton of baby weight and then have to work twice as hard to get it off. I dunno. Geez, are women ever happy?!? LOL

Food was ok today, having the bigger lunch helped, only had a small sandwich and some baked chips for dinner. Hope you ladies are doing well!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 am

Happy Friday! Getting ready for work (actually running late..LOL) but wanted to say thank you for the ideas. Dance I will pack a cooler with fruit and yogurt and yes, Vikki granola......yummy.

Burgund, thankyou and yes, I miss our chatting more often Sad . I will try to say hi from the road...LOL.

I need to go now, but wanted to say thank you and I weighed this morning and was at 211!!!! Woo Hoo! I am happy. I was 215.6 a week ago and 217.5 (I think) when we started. So I really need to stay focused on the trip.

Love ya. Bye.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 am

Mygrits, that's so awesome that Bubba found a job that is so relevent to him and his experience. If you do well on your trip eating wise, that is a huge accomplishment. Those, imo, are the hardest times for me when on a diet. Vacations and road trips. But if you have lots of healthy foods on hand you shouldn't be tempted with the gas station crap and fast food. Just think of what's in it before eating it! Oh and awesome weight loss so far!!

Maddiesmom, yaaaay. 16 are loose! That's terrific. I didn't realize you were so tall too! I'm jealous! lol.

Burgandy, nope, we haven't gotten the Wii Fit plus. We barely play the Wii and it's games, so we aren't spending any more money on games for a while.

Well the mystery weight is officially gone. But that means that I haven't lost anything this week since I am at the exact same weight I was at last Friday. I gotta make next week a BIG week because that wedding is getting sooo close and I have 10 more lbs to lose. I weighed on the Wii Fit, and I guess the stupid scale was right. They were within one lb of each other.

Last night I had a huuuuge accomplishment. We wanted pizza soooo bad. We were starving and didn't want anything that was in the house. Although we ahve plenty of food in the house. We talked about getting it about 10 times. And went back and forth and finally, I decided to make my own pizza/garlic bread. I took 2 ciabatta rolls, cut them in half and put some butter, some garlic bread seasonings, a little mozzerella cheese, and put them in the broiler for 5 mins. Don had his with pizza sauce, and I had mine plane. They filled my tummy, and were a delicious substitute for a whole pizza. I estimate the calories right at 330 for two halves, which is exactly what I needed to round my day out. It wasn't the most well rounded meal, but it was SURE better than the alternative.

Today so far I have had a serving of oatmeal, a bit of honey, and 8 oz of milk. I plan on having a half peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, a banana, some more trail mix (I've been eating this all week), an apple, and a spinach salad with whole grain pasta with parmesan chesse for dinner. I have been trying this week to eat most of my calories during the day and have a small dinner (much like maddiesmom). It's going pretty well so far.

Have a great friday everyone.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 9 Empty OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  burgundyrayne Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:05 am

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED THIS MORNING I MADE CHRIS COME LOOK AT THE SCALE!!!!!!(told you I have wide feet)
Weight Loss Buddies - Page 9 199

And Dance, you will be happy to know I was up at 700 today after the boys went to school, came home and have stayed awake. I think I was too excited to go back to sleep and had to share. I've already called my mom and told my sister in NZ.

If I had everyones cell #s I probably would have sent a group text, I was SO happy!!!! Still am. Very Happy
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:53 am

YEA BURGUNDY!!!!! OMG, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers Shocked Razz Laughing bounce cheers cheers sunny cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

YOU DESERVE IT!!!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 am

burgundy - WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! Happy dance! That's soooo great - congratulations!! Wow, you must be over the moon!! Welcome to onederland, chickadee!!

mygrits - congrats on the losses, you are doing great! You will be following burgundy into onederland in no time!

tifftiff - great job on the pizza resistance! Funny the games we have to play with ourselves Smile Keep up the good work!

Movers are here and I'm worn out from last night - can't wait for today to be over. It's just a partial move - I'm leaving the old house furnished enough to sell it, so that means when it does sell, I get to do this all over again - aargh! Hope you guys are having a good Friday - so nice to see such great news here on the board this morning - what an inspiration you guys are!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

YAAAAAAAAAY BURGANDY!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!! I almost cried a tear I was so happy for you! You finally did it after flirting with 200 and 201 for so long! Amazing job girl. I sure hope you never see a 2 in your number again!
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Wow, pretty quiet today. Food today has been ok. Oatmeal for breakfast, snack was an apple. Lunch was chicken quesedillas (not the super greasy kind, these were made on a grill with little cheese, fresh salsa, etc. I turned down crab cakes for goodness sakes! The cafe in our building makes incredible crab cakes. So I had the quesedilla and a 1/2 cup of soup. I'm full for now. Not sure what's for dinner yet...I think Matt took out pork chops. I'm not a fan of pork, so I'll probably have leftover chix on a salad.

Know what I found that adds a lot of flavor but doesn't have fat or calories?!? Buffalo wing sauce! It's so good on grilled chix! I don't remember the brand, but I know it's a major brand. Try it if your food needs a little kick (or if you need cleared sinuses!)

So, I think I'm coming down with a cold. Achy body, slight cough with some not-so-nice-stuff coming up with it. Ugh...always happens when I'm just starting to get back on track. I have gymnastics with Maddie and then Mr. Hott right after. I don't have time to get sick! Evil or Very Mad

What is everyone else doing this weekend?
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Rayne- I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Congratulations. You worked hard! Weight Loss Buddies - Page 9 Happy-102 Weight Loss Buddies - Page 9 Happy-049

Maddiesmom- I have been craving buffalo wing sauce. mmm. I really need to get some. Good solution to the same ol same ol of chicken.

dance- good luck with move. moving sucks.. but the end result is always worth it!

Tiff- your pizza alternative sounded really good. Proud of you girl!

So... I went pretty much completely off the diet today. My mom took me out to TGI Friday's for dinner. I guess one night out won't kill me. I could've chosen healthier alternatives.. but it was sooo good. I will work out extra hard later though my body is still sore from the other day. It's snowing really bad. I was gonna go out and have a few drinks.. so the snow has kept me in tonight... so that saves me some calories. haha. Hope everyone has a great weekend. TTYL!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm starved after a crazy busy day of packing and unpacking and your buffalo chicken sauce idea has me just drooling Smile Not sure we're were going for dinner but hopefully somewhere yummy! With buffalo sauce on something Wink

maddiesmom - how about some tea with lemon and a little honey? My mom swears by hot whiskey with some lemon juice and honey - might be worth a shot Smile

neesy - Glad you had fun with your mom. Are you doing 30ds again today?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

RAYNE---- OMG!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am doing a dance in my living room!! I knew you could do it!! Your awesome lady!!! When is you hubbys bday??

Dance- MMMMmmm wild buffalo wings..... mmmmm. I am so excited to come home and see you in a few months! I am so excited for your move!

Neesy- I heard you are getting a crazy storm!! Fun. I know every one dreads it but I miss it!

Vicky--- so your the one that has us all craving wings. LOL!! I love wing sauce. On anything really!

Lindy!- How is Gab's face?? How was eating today??

Well week one is over. I feel great. I feel like a million bucks compared to last week and I am 5 lbs heavier than last week but I am fine with that. FOod wasn't fantastic today nor was it atrocious. I am buying Davey a PS3 tonight with money that every one pitched on for his birthday. I think I am just as excited as he is!! I hear that it has lemmings. I know... I am a old school nerd but the new kind of games... not so great to me!

=) Happy Friday ladies! You mean the world to me!!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Sorry ladies, didn't mean to make you crave chicken wings! I just put it on my grilled chicken for a little kick. Had it tonight in fact. Had some chicken and 1/4 cup of low fat chicken soup (which I didn't really care for, but I'm full).

Dance Thanks for the tip. I was drinking green tea this morning with lemon and I drank TONS of water. I want this thing to go away asap...don't have time to get sick.

AJ how does it feel to get through your first official week as a working girl? How long is the assignment? I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better...you sound so much happier! Smile

They made the organizational announcement today at work...11 people were "reorganized" which is their nice way of saying "Demoted." It's a shame because we were all working so well together and the higher ups in our dept. made a bad judgement call. It's really uncomfortable to be in that place. I decided I would keep looking for another job, if something looks really good I will apply, but I think I'm going to stick it out awhile and hope my old boss can hire me back. If the place gets worse, I'll look even harder to find something. Thank you all for the advice.

So what is everyone doing this weekend? I have cleaning and laundry on top of the gymnastics and gym. Super Bowl is Sunday, and we're going to our neighbor's...luckily his wife isn't that great of a cook, so I am not too worried about overeating.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks to everyone. It so exciting finally getting out of the 2's. Havent been in the 1's in 5 years. I have felt amazing today. I'm not gonna be obsessive about the scale, I know being at 199 my weight will fluctuate so I am gonna try to only weigh on Sundays.

Dance-moving sucks, but just look at that amazing house you are moving into. It will all be worth it. Keeping my fingers crossed that the other house sales quickly.

Vicky-keep drinking that tea and water and maybe you can ward off the cold. Gonna have to get some buffalo sauce now. How is Maddie liking gymnastics?

Neesy-no, one night off plan is not going to ruin everything. When does your hubby get home?

AJ-one week down. Is it getting any better or still boring? Chris' birthday is on the 10th. When is Daveys?

Got the hubbys birthday shopping done. I already got his present but my SIL got him some things today. I bought him his first motorcycle. A little worried about him having one but I know he will be careful.

Was hoping to find some new running shoes today but couldnt find any I liked. Gonna go running tomorrow so gonna have to try another pair I have. Have a wonderful night everyone. Love ya'll
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum