In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 20 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  dancerindenver Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:04 am

howdy, girls! It is kind of quiet around here - everyone must be busy!

I'm planning on doing a bit more organizing (I'm down to the last box frommy move) and getting my old computer set back up and then a run out in the sunshine. A bunch of us are taking my buddy out for her b-day tonight so that should be fun. It's silly but I can't figure out what to wear. I'm still not used to these new clothes and I don't have quite the right clothes for different occasions yet. Oh well, I'll get that figured out over time... Tomorrow, my parents are having everyone over for easter dinner (not a big holiday for me but my niece and nephew enjoy their easter egg hunts still).

What's everyone else up to this weekend?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Neesy-I hate when long posts get lost. I always end up doing the shortcut version too. Are u still working out everyday??

Dance-how was your crockpot meal? I love my crockpot. Thanks for the running tips, the article you posted was interesting. I get munchies at night too, if I want something sweet I will have 1 piece of dark chocolate and am usually fine after that. If I want something salty I try to avoid the kitchen at all costs. I bet you are happy to be down to one box, moving is such a chore.

Vicky-did your day off plan make a difference on the scale? Did you ask Mr Hott about the muffin top, I would like to know what you find out. Mexican is my downfall, did you find something healthy? Yay for your 16s being too big!!

Sandy-I really hope your heel gets better so you can go back to walking but enjoy your new bike too. So glad you to hear you are getting the time off to go see your parents once a week.

Havent been on in 3 days and since then I am up to 18 miles for the week. Jut walked 4 in the rain so I was freezing when I got home. Not sure if I will get 2 more miles in today though. I have some friends coming over later for game night.

My SIL and niece and nephews are coming over tomorrow, she is making ham. The kids will probably want to have an egg hunt if its not raining. Gotta straighten up my house a little before our company shows up.

Have a Happy Easter everyone. flower

edit:I did it!!!!! I walked 2 more miles to make it to 20 this week!!!!
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 am

Well, my plans for last Friday kinda fizzled. I took my car in for the oil change, and I had an appointment, but that didn’t stop me from waiting 90 minutes for them for them to complete it. I mean, it’s an oil change! Anyhoo, went from there to the sporting goods store and bought some new running shoes…they do make a difference! Much more support. Then I had my workout with Mr. Hott.

Since I got to the gym early, I decided to run a half mile before my workout. Then I worked out with Mr. Hott. I didn’t ask him the muffin top question, we went straight to work on the entire body. He was having a rough day, so I thought I would just get a good workout in. I’m going to ask him tomorrow night…which is our last appointment together until I move to the new gym.

Wasn’t able to get my facial…darn it. They messed up my appointment time, so I couldn’t get in. Oh well, I have a month to use it before I switch to the new gym.

Question: have any of you heard of ARP treatment?? Mr. Hott swears by it. I guess they hook you up to this electrical machine to find your “hot spots” where your muscles aren’t working correctly. So, it makes your muscle contract and elongate so they work right. Mr. Hott has been doing it for a few weeks and said it makes a ton of difference. It ensures that your muscles function right. I’m wondering if anyone else has tried it? I’m considering it, because I’ve been running, my back is starting to bug me again. My sciatica is driving me nuts, so at this point, I will try anything. Mr. Hott thinks that with me running that my hip flexor muscle isn’t functioning right, so he thinks my back is overcompensating. Anyways, just wanted to check and see if anyone else has tried it.

Easter weekend was extremely busy, and yesterday I ate WAY too much. I made the mistake of not having lunch, so I was starving when I got to our cousin’s. I had shrimp ceveche which I made, that is actually good for you. I had that with lime Tostitos. Then for dinner I had lamb (small piece) and ham, asparagus, pilaf and mashed potatoes. Started with a salad. Then dessert, chocolate covered strawberries (I had 3) and then a piece of apple pie (homemade by me). I snacked on chocolate throughout the weekend, so I have to get back on track. Back to the gym tonight and Mr. Hott tomorrow.

I was at 211.0, so I lost .2 pounds this week. Only a few more before Onederland! Our family yesterday said how great I looked, which made me feel good. Dance’s comment about taking pictures of yourself to put your actual size into perspective was right on! I saw a pic my hubby took of me and Maddie yesterday and you can TOTALLY see the difference. My cousin told me not to lose anymore! It felt good to get compliments.

Burgundy: so happy you got your 20 miles in!!! WOW!!! I’m going to have to try and keep up with that. How was your holiday?

Sandy: Sorry you weren’t able to see Alina and son in law this weekend. Do you have plans with them soon?

Ok, this post is super long. Have a great day ladies!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 am

burgundy - woohoo for a 20-mile week!!!

maddiesmom - congrats on looking so skinny in your photos and sorry your spa day on Friday wasn't quite what you planned. And no, I've never heard of what your trainer is recommending. Let us know what you find out...

Anyone wanna join me for a perfectly on plan Monday to Friday this week? My plan is to run twice and walk at least once during these 5 days and have between 1400 and 1600 cals. I've been wandering off plan so much I think I need to spend a week putting everything into thedailyplate, etc. Would love some on plan company if anyone's interested Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am

Dance: YOU ARE ON!!! I need to get back on track as well. What are your meal plans today?

Breakfast: Special K Protein Shake
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Chicken & Artichoke Panini with baby carrots
Snack: Banana and cutie
Dinner: Leftovers - small piece of ham and lots of veggies

I'm going to the gym tonight...how many miles are you doing?? I'll try to match that, but I need to also do some resistance training.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:30 am

maddiesmom - it's kind of silly but I've been so erratic about my eating lately that I'm nervous about whether I can even do five days on plan. Thanks for being my buddy on this! I'm going to try to get in a three mile walk with a friend today. I've got my exercise room finally all straight (and the kitty litter box removed, etc.) so I may even do some arm exercises.

Food plan for today:
B: lf yogurt, blackberries, coffee with skim milk
snack: watermelon
lunch: 6" subway tuna (not so lowfat but my total favorite)
dinner: chicken, quinoa, asparagus and broccoli
snack: clementines
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Ladies,

It has really been quiet in here, but it sounds like everyone is staying on course. I hope the Easter weekend was wonderful for all of you. I had to work on Friday and Saturday, so didn't have a complete holiday weekend. Sunday we spent with my parents, which was really nice. My Dad wanted to go to Cracker Barrel, so I tried to be cautious on food choices. My down was two corn muffins and a biscuit! Ugh.

I had today off and have been diligently trying to catch up on the computer, websites, and blogs..... It is so time consuming. I could really use a week to do all I need to do! I did get my bike ride in, and it totally exhausted me....LOL. The Florida heat is already here........ pale Tomorrow it's back to work, so I hope to get one more bike ride in tomorrow morning. My food is good, my only problem is the workouts. I know if I could 'move' more, I would lose more......

Maddiesmom I haven't heard of that test Mr. Hott is mentioning, but if it does give more information on your muscles usage, it sounds like it might help. He seems like a great trainer, and would advise something he didn't believe in - especially if he is doing it!! I suffered with my Sciatica for over a year, and it is definitely painful. I really limited anything I did also. I am sorry your having to deal with that.

Dance I am with you for Monday thru Friday! I have to set some goals and stick with them because everyone if flying past me on this!!!! Today I have:

Breakfast - Whole grain waffles and fruit
Lunch - Zoe Drink, Veggie Tamale, few Nacho Rice Crips

Workout - Bike Ride

Hey any news from Neesy? I know the others (except Allison aka Burgund) are gone from here, but Neesy seemed to be staying intouch. I was wondering if she was leaving soon.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm

mygrits - I admire your dedication to getting in those bike rides! WTG! Haven't seen anything from Neesy but I haven't been hanging out on FB at all so she may have been active there. I keep hoping we'll get another visit from her and maybe from staccie.

I know not everyone was super thrilled with 3FC towards the end but if our group keeps shrinking, what do you guys think about starting up another WLB thread in the challenge section like we used to? No big deal if you don't want to - just throwing out ideas. I know new folks tend to come and go pretty quickly so there are pluses and minuses. Anyway, curious to hear your thoughts.

Sticking to plan just fine so far - am planning a costco trip after work so I'm hoping to avoid buying bad for me but tempting stuff Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Dance I'm not doing as well as you are!! Yesterday, not so good, not horrible, but not good either. The apple pie was calling my name last night, so I indulged. For dinner, I had ceviche with shrimp, avocado and roma tomatoes. It was good, but the lime tositos aren't! Today was a department outing and I had pizza. Not a ton of pizza, and I had a large salad, but I still feel guilty. BACK ON TRACK...right now. That's all I can do.

Grits: So happy that you are able to get on your bike. How is your heel doing? Any new job prospects?

I'm not sure where everyone else is as well, seems like it's the main 4. I'm sure Neesy is busy getting ready to go to Korea. Tiff has been extremely busy with tax season. Maybe we should go back to 3FC and perhaps find some new friends to share in our journeys? I'm always up for meeting new people and getting a new perspective on food and working out. Plus, I love that we can have tickers that show our progress. Either way, as long as the remaining of us stick together, that works for me!

Forced myself to work out last night, even though I dragged my feet and didn't want to. Rowed about 2000 meters, then did some arm exercises. Burned about 400 calories. I'm back with Mr. Hott tonight, for our last session at the current gym. Then, it's on to the new gym. I have until the end of April at the current gym (due to the timing of membership renewal), so I need to figure out how I'm going to get my training session in with him after this.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 pm

maddiesmom - I ended up walking 5 miles yesterday (it's an extra two if I walk to my friends' house to meet her and then walk balk from there) so it offset the extra piece of bread and smart balance that I had with dinner last night (I think). So I think I was pretty close to plan for the day. Today, doing fine with food so far and planning on sneaking in a run after work before having a friend over for dinner. Planning on tillapia, veggies and quinoa for dinner. Berries for dessert. I'll probably have a glass of wine but since red wine is supposed to be good for you I'll go ahead and call that plan Smile Curious to hear how you end up liking the new gym. I'm thinking about getting a weight bench for my home gym but I'm going to use it as a reward - if I do exercises using stuff I already have for two weeks maybe? Not sure yet. Since I don't belong to a gym, I figure it's okay to have a few toys at home. What do you guys have as home equipment?

Let's see what Burgundy and Mygrits think about starting a new thread at 3FC - I kind of miss the tickers too (that really motivated me for reasons that aren't exactly clear). We could leave a note here telling anyone who comes back after a long absence where to go.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey girls, I am up for a new thread at 3fc. I too miss the tickers. Here I always forget how everyone is doing weight wise. We can always post here too if we have something to share among just the 4 or 5 of us. I am with all of you with the 5 day being on plan but I am doing Tuesday to Saturday since I had chinese for lunch yesterday which was so not worth it. I stomach felt so heavy afterwards but I got 2 miles in last night. I felt a little better after that. Got 3 miles in today, went to the gym since its raining outside. I was hoping to go for another walk this afternoon with the pups but its still raining so I guess we will just stay home. Glad we are all on board for staying on plan this week. That will help keep me motivated. I have 4 days to walk 15 miles, I have been thinking about making it walking and biking but not sure yet. I feel like I get more of a workout walking.

Dance-5 miles, yay. I wanted to do that today. I guess I can still get on the wii, but its just not the same running in place.

Vicky-your workouts always amaze me.

Sandy-hopefully you can get more workouts in with the extra day off.

I'll probably be back later if I get bored. tongue
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm

woohoo - thanks to the peer pressure from you gals, just got in my 3 mile run and feel much better for it. Thanks for getting me up of my chair! Off to shower and make dinner...
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 pm

hey girls. it seems like the past few days have flown by. I haven't really done anything special. I did go to my brother's on easter. I made dessert (healthy version) and i was going over to throw the tops of these strawberries in the garbage. Well my brother has a hole in his floor where a vent grate use to be. well my leg went into it.. I fell back.. with my leg in the hole, twisted my leg and hit my back on this pole sticking up. I had a plate of strawberries and a knife in my hand. I saved the strawberries. haha.. i'm just glad i didnt stab myself. it was pretty funny afterward though. I'm okay. Just scraped up and bruised up. So.. I didnt work out the past couple days. I plan on getting back on it tomorrow.

I have been eating well. I'm trying to eat low cal, low fat, and low carb and no artificial sweeteners. So.. needless to say.. it is difficult! But.. the scale is slowly going down.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I will stay perfectly on plan this week with all of you=)

I like hearing everyone's meals for the day.. gives me ideas! TTYL everyone!

B: egg beaters with spinach, onions, tomato, turkey sausage
S: apple and sugar free popsicle
L: salad with balsamic vinaigrette
S: apple w/cinnamon
D: baked chicken with roasted asparagus & zucchini

PS- I also agree with a thread back on 3fc. I miss my ticker.. haha
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/198712-weight-loss-buddies-vii.html#post3235777

Okay, girls! I did it - I created WLB VII over on 3fc (see link above).

Tifftiff, Staccie, Lindy, AJ - if you guys happen to wander over here, please come join us back at 3fc - we miss you guys
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 pm

OK, let's do it, 3FC it is!!!! I have been peeking in there the last couple of weeks, just to see what is going on. I do miss the tickers too. Let us know what the thread is Dance. Thanks! I will write more later.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:19 pm

mygrits - click on the link that shows orange in my post above or look in 3fc/chicks up for a challenge/weight loss buddies VII - can't wait to chat with you over there!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum