In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies Empty Weight Loss Buddies

Post  Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Here it is girls!! The new forum just for us. Now we can speak openly and privately. Love you all!!
AJ Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://justthegirls.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I will make us all moderators and then make it a closed group once we have every one we want.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Howdy, girls!

So what's going on? I feel like I missed a step or two - are you guys tired of the 3fc forum? Are you not going to post there anymore?

Kristina
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Well... I for one was not feeling the same level of support from 3fc's wlb forum so I talked to some of the girls and because of a mutual need for our old support and love back... we decided to split off. I am not sure about others but I know Nikki and I are well over the other forum. It was all about me me me me and not each other!! I actually care just as much about your success as I do my own right now.

So here we are. A smaller group that will really push each other.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the new forum...I hope to check in as much as I can. I will still use 3FC too as I like reading some other stuff but you gals are the big supportive group that I care about too!

I don't have too much time right now...busy as all hell. I didn't work out this morning, day off and I have a late night ahead but will make sure I go tomorrow. Feeling good, ppl are starting to notice my weight loss and that is always cool!!

Today I had a shake and banana for breakfast, tuna for lunch and not sure about dinner yet. Looking forward to Saturday when I have almost a whole day off...that will be it now and I'll still be multi-tasking

AJ - how is the no carbs going...update, update clown
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for including me!

I was missing that sense of connectedness that I think was a huge part of my success in losing earlier so I'm glad we're doing this. Getting involved in other people's journeys is such a key part of all this. AJ - I can specifically think of a bunch of times when it was only my promise to you to run xx miles that got me out the door Smile And speaking of running, I better head out in a few or I'll miss my window of opportunity. I'm meeting a buddy for a walk and a healthy dinner later today but I kind of goofed at lunch today and ate a bunch of life cereal. Apparently a sugar/starch craving just took over. I'm hoping to make up for it with exercise.

Staccie - It's not bad to have a rest day and it sounds like you are doing great on food. You are my fellow tuna addict Smile

lindy - how have the party plans for your theme birthday bash been coming? Is the party on Saturday? What are you wearing?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Staccie- I like it. I am doing okay. I am surprised how well I am doing. I did some baking chocolate last night as well as a few hard sugar free candies but it is technically on "plan". I am bored hungry but not hungry hungry at all!! I think I might extend this phase one for a bit longer than 2 weeks. I like veggies =) Also, I have lost 3 pounds in 3 days. Yes!!! I will be with you soon on people noticing. I hope. I bet you are just glowing from the weight loss and the compliments. When are the olympics?? I am excited to watch. Did Yzerman pick a team Canada yet??

Dance- How is the move going? And the new job? And the bf? I loved when we did that! I hope we can continue that now. Also... I hear it really warm there the last few so have you gotten out every day?
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Weight Loss Buddies Snapsh10

Also... please excuse the fat rolling over but here is the dress for the wedding. I have convinced her to avoid yellow but its still silk and still unforgiving. The dress in the store was atleast two sizes too small but I GOT IT ZIPPED!!! Very Happy I am going to look hot in that damn dress this summer!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 pm

You are going to be a stunner at that wedding cause you look great already! Red is way better than yellow in my opinion. And the dress really highlights all your curves. I'm so impressed with how you're doing on the no carb thing. You guys are amazing!

Okay - am heading out the door for a run - enough procrastinating!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm

I am really looking forward to it being "just us". So many other ppl have come and gone but our core groups is still going strong. I really lost interest in 3fc because of that. I'll probably still check in there some.

Staccie-you are a machine!!!! If I was on your schedule, I wouldnt be able to do half of what you do. MMM, tuna. I should have some for lunch tomorrow.

Dance-I need some motivation for tomorrow to go walk. I have been slacking. I am gonna do 3-4 miles tomorrow, wanna join??

AJ-you are gonna be smokin in that dress this summer, I cant wait to look like you!!!!

Gonna get up and workout. I skipped yesterday. I know BAD Allison!!!!!! So when are we giving our starting weights?? Monday? I was at 202 today, trying really hard to get back to 200.

Did anyone PM Neesy on 3fc to see if she wants to join us? I sent Sandy(mygrits) a msg on FB but she hasnt replied yet.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Rayne- I have not PM'ed her. If you want to go ahead or I will try later. I am in on 3 miles tomorrow! I am not intake a ton of cals to 4 might be too much for me but I am so in. Now you have to do it!! I sent a message to Sandy too. She is a busy person =)

Well girls. I have 1 part time job and I tested to be a census office manager in Scottsdale yesterday. I did well. I hope to hear from them in the next week. Before I go to work tomorrow I will be going to an interview at an Ortho office. I am not sure if its ft or pt but dang it the more interviews the better! Things are really looking up!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi all...

I like this Smile

I'm home now because I'm just tired - mentally and physically. Going to bed soon and up early to get some done, workout and head back into work. Looking forward to a bit of a break on Saturday!!! Today I ate shake, banana, tuna on rye cracker things, chicken, cottage cheese and some peanuts. Not enough today - I have to monitor that or my weight loss will eventually stall out. b

AJ - glad to hear that things are going well. I tried to go three weeks but the headaches and tiredness was too much to bear. I incorporated a bit of carbs back in (still no bread, pasta, etc) and 1 fruit per day and it helped. Hopefully you won't suffer the same symptoms! Dress is amazing you have awesome figure!! And I so agree with the red, I like yellow the color but not really on - it always fades people out even if they are tan!

Burgandy - 200 is so close...get there, get there Smile

When are posting our official weight for the challenge - Sunday/Monday?

I can't see the rest of the posts...hope the others can join in too - Vicky, Lindy, Neesy, Sandy Smile

Be back tomorrow, this tuna popcorn loving gal is.... Sleep
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Staccie- I am so glad you are home and resting! You need it and will continue to need all the erst you can get for the next month. We can post weight on Sunday night maybe or Monday morning. I think it will start on Monday. Are any of your other clothes fitting differently?

Lindy- Where are you??

Rayne & Dance- Do we have a deal with 3 miles?

I am headed for an early bed. I am not sleeping well. Hope I can catch up tonight. I did well today. Maybe too many eggs but what ever... they say not limited soooo?? I am tired though. And I am not sleeping well so maybe a fruit next week. I miss fruit. drunken

Oh and DANCE- I am moving home in May for a couple of months. At least until my best friends wedding is over. She really needs me there and I want to be there.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 pm

those three miles tomorrow? it is so ON, burgundy and aj Smile anyone else wanna join?

aj - I ran today totally because of you - silly, I know, but I couldn't stand the idea of telling you that I wimped out. Thanks for making me be a little more disciplined! And I'm selfishly thrilled that you'll be back in town in May - what a treat! I hope you get some good sleep tonight - that makes such a difference in everything. And congrats on all the job activity - you are doing great!!!

staccie - hang in there and get some rest! You are doing incredibly well!

burgundy - I'm going to use 170 as my starting weight as I'll be out of town for the monday official weigh-in. And yeah, I agree on the coming and going on 3fc - as a former new person myself, I can see that having new people join is good but it seemed like practically no one stuck around which was a bummer.

I had a nice walk with my buddy tonight so double exercise for me today.

I hope mygrits and neesy decide to join - it'll be like the old gang Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 pm

staccie - I forgot to mention it in my earlier post but when do we get to see your latest set of updated photos? I can't wait to see your progress!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 pm

AJ-I didnt pm neesy yet but I will. Good luck with the interviews
AJ and Dance-ok tomorrow 3-4 miles, whatever is best for you both. I'll probably go with my SIL and she can walk a couple with me then I can finish up alone.

Staccie-good night, hope you sleep well and have a nice workout in the morning.

Dance-when are you leaving for vacation? I am hoping by monday to be back at 200 for my starting weight, got the weekend to do it. Lets get those miles in!!

Wheres Vicky and Lindy???

Gonna get some sleep now, since its almost 130. Really wish I could have stayed on the same sleep schedule I had in AL. I was going to be 1030-11 and getting up between 7-8. Now I go to bed about 1 and get up at 10. Good night lovely ladies.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:02 am

Hey Dance...I will do pictures next week...my USB is in infected and I need to clean it cleaned next week. All of my clothes are fitting differently - and it's pretty freaking awesome. My face is thinner and my hair is getting so long...I'm looking seski lol.

It's 330AM...I tried to go to sleep early but we had a major incident at the venue and they called me for help, luckily I could do it by phone but I didn't get to sleep until 930...I have to finish a presentation I am doing at 9 and I have to get to the gym. It's 6 hours sleep and ideally need more but hey...I can come home a bit earlier tonight and get a good 10 hours in. Although when you know you can sleep in you usually don't right?

Well today I have the gym, work and then a relaxing dinner I hope! Today I have planned banana, shake and special K for pre and post workout (breakfast), for lunch, roasted chicken, tomatoes and cucumbers, seeds and dried cranberries for a snack. Dinner I'm not sure, I usually plan that one off the cuff.

Dance good for you doing the three miles!!! It's helpful to have someone to be accountable to. I envy your running...I just can't get into it although I am doing interval training a few days a week, run hard for 40 seconds, walk fast for 40 seconds...it works up a pretty good sweat and I usually run at 6.5 and walk at 3.7.

I will check in after lunch today I love you
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 am

staccie - woohoo! that is so wonderful when you can see your clothes fitting differently. Girl - you are my hero! Looking forward to seeing the new photos once you've gotten everything sorted. When I read your descriptions of a day, I just can't believe the stress in your life. Kudos to you for being successful losing weight while in the middle of utter chaos! Serious wow!

burgundy - isn't it weird how certain sleep schedules seem so much more productive than others? To me, going to bed early and getting up early tends to lead to better food choices, more exercise and more general productivity. I think it's because nothing useful happens in my world after about 9pm so I'm either reading or watching tv or lazing around then but if I take those same hours first thing in the morning, I use them totally differently. Are you like that? If so, we need to get your sleep schedule back on track! Do you wake up to an alarm? When I'm trying to change my schedule, setting the alarm 30 min earlier each day for a while usually works. I'm still planning on a 3 mile run today. Our flight doesn't leave till midnight (aargh) so I'm around working from home all day today. We get back a week from sunday but I'll try to check in from one of the hotels. Fingers crossed for your monday weigh-in Smile

aj - how are you doing today? Any no-carb side effects?

So, guys, the buddy I had dinner with last night is getting mentally ready to start on a weight loss process (she had a baby recently and is super unhappy with her body). Any great advice for a beginner?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14 am

Got done my workout...it was tough I really had to push myself today. I don't usually work out on Fridays because of this reason, but I took yesterday off so I had no choice. But I pushed, huffed and puffed and blew my arse away lol...well not quite but getting there!

Dance - thanks! I am super proud that I am doing this in the most stressful time of my career. It shows my commitment and that I can do it under any circumstances. Although my goal was always to be smaller and look better, I also want to be healthy for the games - eat well, workout, sleep - it will help me keep it together. A lot of people at work are dying out and I can see them skipping meals and not working out. Someone said to me it must be nice to have time to work out. I was offended but I said, you know I sleep six hours, workout for 2 and work for 12-14 hours a day, you have to make time for you or you'll never make it. Id rather workout than watch TV for a few hours you know? But all I can do is keep what I'm doing when things get really hectic next week and then when we move on venue on the 28th. I'm non-stop for two months.

So agree Burgandy with Dance's comments regarding sleep. You have to find a way to get into a routine and what works for you. For me, sometimes I go to bed at 7PM and wake up at 2 or 3, do a few hours of work and go to the gym, I feel refreshed and happy and very productive. And getting enough sleep they say is super important for weightloss too.

Well I better get going, I'm already running late tongue its' been pouring rain here for three days in a row and it's horrible. You get cold, wet and grouchy!
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:55 am

Rayne- I did PM her! =) I slept so well in Denver too! I love that sleep schedule. This funky thing we call a sleep schedule is no good!!

Staccie- BOoooo!!! I hope you really do sleep tonight. You are going to get sick with all of this stress and no sleep. I never plan dinner either.

Dance- Hmmm no carb effects. I guess I am a bit tired but I am getting bored of veggies. lol. And for your friend... write down why you want to lose weight and when you start to lose motivation ask your self if you still want those things.

I went to my interview and now I am going to work. The job was too far away from me I think. Not worth the gas. Going to lunch with my boss at a Mediterranean place. Any advice Staccie or any one?? I can't have carbs and I don't really like meat from restaurants.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 am

aj - hummus and veggies might be an option for your work lunch (not sure about the carb content of hummus). Greek salad with feta and olives? Or if it's more italianesque, they might have a grilled veggies antipasti plate. Hope you can find something! Thanks for the advice for my buddy!

staccie - you continue to be amazing - can't believe you're operating on so little rest and still get in your workout!

I'm headed out for a run in a bit, then to the spray tan place, then chicken and veggies for lunch. I've got a bunch of work to do this afternoon then my bf's coming over for dinner and we head to the airport - can't believe it's finally here. It would have been nice to be fitting into smaller clothes but at least I'm feeling pretty good about the clothes I'm bringing. Progress, at least Smile

Hope you all are doing great!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Dance- How was the run?

I had greek salad and I only ate a little bit because it wasn't that great. I miss pita bread though. I would eat warm pita bread over any other starch any day! Well maybe sushi first then pita. All I know is I did it and I haven't had a single carb or real sugars (outside of whats naturally in veggies) in 5 days!!! Wooohoooo!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:14 pm

AJ - 5 days - that is awesome

Dance - how was your run?

Well I'm done lunch and going to wrap my head around my inbox...nasty!! I can't even recieve or send any because it's so full

Slight change of plans for tonight, going to the movie tonight instead of tomorrow - tomorrow I have to work so taking my night off tonight Smile

Question is, should I allow myself to have popcorn...am I ready?

So stupid I have to sit here and be like, oh should I have popcorn, does it mean I'm falling off the wagon or does it mean that I realize I can't go without the things I love forever? I won't see a movie now probably until April. What do you think
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Staccie-you have tomorrow off right? Maybe you can sleep tonight. Whats up with all of us and sleep lately?? Could you do just a small popcorn no butter no refills? Thats what I do when I go to the movies. That way I dont binge and I leave room for it in my calories.

Dance-I dont use an alarm but think I might need to start until I get used to getting up at a certain time. I hate sleeping til 10 or sometimes later. You excited to leave tonight? Have a great time and check in when you can.

AJ-you are doing so good with not having any carbs. I dont think I could do it.

Ok I walked 2 miles, jogged a 1/2 mile and rode the stationary bike a mile. So I got 3.5 miles in today. AJ, Dance.......did you get your miles in?? I played a little basketball with my niece and sister in law too. Probably not gonna go to the gym tomorrow. Its actually a little nice outside today so if it stays this way I'll walk out there tomorrow.

Hope Vicky is feeling ok after her injection. Too bad she had to have it done on her birthday.
Everyone have a great Friday afternoon.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Got my run in - thanks, ladies, for the encouragement!! AJ - did you get your miles in too?

staccie - I'm the world's biggest popcorn lover but I've been bringing in a small snack pack of salted nuts and a water bottle of crystal light to the movies lately and it's been working for me. If you decide to have a treat, that's more than fine too - just wanted to mention another salty crunchy option. what movie are you seeing?

burgundy - ok, by the time I come back next weekend, I'm expecting to see some 8am posts from you! Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum