In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 8 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  dancerindenver Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm

too funny - I wonder what all the other girls thought when we disappeared. I've only been back once since my vacation to check in and then decided it was pointless. You guys are the ones I care about, of course!

aj - I have to apologize - I've lost track of your job - which one is this one? Did you say web marketing or am I behind? You are one hard chica to keep up with Smile Why is it so boring? Good for your for making it happen - I'm sure you'll make some good choices tonight and not get too far off track.

My buddy's coming over to pick up her dog (I've been dog-sitting since last thursday, can I just tell you dogs and packing and loading cars don't mix super well!) and then I'm going to hit the bathtub once again. I didn't sleep super well last night so I'm fading fast.... Hope you guys are all having a nice evening...
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Dance- lol. No this is one I got on Friday. Its a web maintenance and prep position. But that was glorified. They could have a smart chimp doing what I am. Hahaha. I am taking another real estate companies properties (that we purchased) and getting the images ready for publishing online.

I work for Polte homes and they bought out centrix (?) real estate so we have to add thier listings to our site. It is long and tedious and not very interesting. BUT ITS A JOB =)

I really can do anything. I am a jack of all trades. Its good and bad. I can do almost anything but I don't enjoy very much of it. I want to make dog cakes ad treats!!! Some day!!

Goodnight girls. I will check in tomorrow. Kisses!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am

Afternoon ladies!

Ok, I know when not all of us are posting thats a bad thing but it was a bit of relief logging in and only seeing one page to catch up on, lol.

Burgundy- I have the same problem with shoes, my feet are so wide. I had bought some Nikes that just werent working for me and then I went out and got the New Balance. I also did Reebok at one time but they didnt hold up too long and that wasnt with running, that was just regular gym activity. So far so good on NB, lol. I must have missed the part that you joined gym, sorry about that---congrats, thats a big step (as I bow my head in shame that I canceled my membership), lol.

Dance- you are the designated "action coach", lol...whenever I tell you I go off plan you dont just say "oh well, tomorrows another day", lol...not that thats a bad thing but you put a plan in place, you give suggestions and I greatly appreciate it. Oh and your 1 lb a week is totally doable, maybe you should look into creating your chart again, that was a great idea!

AJ- a lot of my job function are tedious but I look at it the same way, its a job and in this market, thats a great thing. Where did you guys end up going last night for dinner and more importantly, what did you eat? lol...Ill catch up with you later girly. Smile

As for me, I ended up doing two 3 mile walks yesterday and did my new workout DVD, Gunenr Petterson work out ball thingy, lol. I actually LOVE this workout, you do not do too many reps of one workout and you are constantly moving and changing, you use free weights and the ball and I was sweating once I finished the work out so thats a good thing I suppose. I didnt wake up sore (which normally happens with new workouts) but thats ok, I felt productive and its surely better than nothing. Anyway, I have to get back to work, today is a crazy busy day. Hope everyone else is on plan. OH and Im on day 2 of no soda at all, got mild headaches, just like I did last time when I cut out caffeine all together but Im slowly getting back on track. I will also be posting a pic this weekend of my goal swimsuit for you girls to check out, lol...its a bit far fetched and I still may not have the body to wear it but I think its a nice goal to work towards.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:33 am

Hey girls,

Lindy, I am so proud of you for taking the first steps yesterday and today towards looking hot in that bikini! I have eliminated my soda habit these last few months as well. I never did drink regular soda, but diet soda and all it's chemicals are jsut as bad imo. I do drink it every once in a while now, but it's not a habit anymore just a treat - everything in moderation. The way I finally convinced myself to not buy it and keep it in the house anymore is the cost. Even if we just had a two liter of the store brand soda a day, that's 25 dollars a month and almost 10% of my $300 grocery budget I have set for myself. FOR A DRINK!!! WITH NO CALORIES. Those numbers conviced me that it is sooooo not worth the cost plus the unknown damage the saccharine and random chemicals do to our bodies. 6 miles in one day is awesome! I only did 1.5 last night because I was getting bad pains in my feet, calves, and shins when I tried to run. Then I did some weights on my upper body.

AJ, don't work too fast! Isn't the job over when you've finished the work? LOL.

Burgandy, I know we can get to 40 mins!! Oh and I am about to go to the grocery store on my lunch break to get some healthy foods and snacks.

We went to Costco last night and can I just say I love that freakin place. We actually went to buy a bathroom vanity, but it was out of stock. But they had some Adidas sneakers for 32.99 which I bought, although, I'm not sure how much I like them. I also bought a bunch of healthy foods there too. Don finally wants to eat healthy foods now instead of small quantities of junk, so now that he is on board it should be even easier. We bought a 3 lb bag of almonds for him, organic peanut butter, organic strawberry banana smoothies for breakfast, cartons of egg whites for breakfast (seems to be pretty natural and no chemicals), Whole grain bread. He read a men's health booklet that basically says everything I have been trying to convince him of forever, but he listened to it rather than me all this time. He wants to eat fruits and vegetables and whole grains, basically the complete opposite of everything he has ate since I've known him. It's kinda weiird actually. I think tonight I am going to make a spinach salad with olive oil and parmesan cheese, and see if he likes it. He likes spinach, but doesn't like any vinegar or mayonaise based salad dressings. Any ideas how to help him enjoy healthy eating since he is SUCH a picky eater? The selections are pretty limited right now and after about a month or two, we will both probabaly be sick of the few things I have in mind for meals.

The scale said 285.2 (gain of 5 lbs) this morning. I know it's nowhere near true, so I am just dealing with it (ignoring it) and plan to do 45 on the elliptical tonight to give my joints a rest from the recent beatings and my arms again tonight. What are everyone elses workout plans?
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 am

Burgundy and AJ - I'm planning on heading out for my three miles soon - will think of you guys! It's sunny and warmish here so it should be a good one.

lindy - I'm a major major NB addict too - I've been using them for ages and I've been talked into a few pairs of other kinds (brooks, I think and can't remember the other one - maybe asics) over the years but they never fit my feet quite as well. I will set up that chart like you suggested - it definitely worked for me before and I need a kickstart bigtime!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

Lindy: I am jealous of the swimsuit. I've accepted the fact that I will never have a bikini body, but I can deal with a thinner me in a one piece! Too many stretch marks from being overweight and then having a baby. What can ya do? Glad you are getting back on track.

Dance Have fun on your run! We are getting hit with snow, so we will see whether or not I can make it to the gym. It's too cold to run outside, plus with my back issues, running isn't the best thing for me right now. Both my physical therapist and trainer said that bikes (stationary) and rowing is the way to go right now.

Tiff: For your hubby, try small things like turkey burgers or turkey chili. My hubby is an extremely picky eater...I can't even get him to eat spinach. If he likes white bread, switch him to the ARnold flatbreads. Low in calories, fat, etc. etc. and my hubby doesn't eat white bread anymore. Even my daughter likes them. Perhaps for a salad, try oil and vinegar...or even try healthy salsa. With salsa you really don't need an additional dressing, and it tastes good too!

AJ Congrats on the job. Sorry it's monotonious! Mine can be as well at times, but it's a paycheck, right? How has your planned eating been?

Today has been good so far. I find that by eating eggs in the morning, I don't snack as much in the morning. Yesterday I was ravenous and endedup having pizza for dinner (after doing really well for the entire day...ugh). What can you do but move on? Today it was fruit and eggs and some hashbrowns for breakfast, a salad and cup of soup for lunch, and I'm having chicken and veggies for dinner tonight. I gotta stick to my plan.

I gotta tell you, I love my personal trainer. He hasn't gotten me the workouts he promised since he was on vacation and since he was at work today, he didn't have access to his files. So, he customized a workout for me that he emailed to me. The best part was that it was something I can do at home since it's snowing today.

Hope you ladies are having a great day!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm

tiff - that is great news about your hubby! Tell us more about what he likes so we can help you with better suggestions. For your spinach salad, you might try adding a few squeezes of citrus (lemon, orange, grapefruit or all of the above) to your salad along with some of the orange or grapefruit cut up. I took a cooking class that made a beautiful spinach salad with citrus and citrus in the salad dressing. They also added toasted pine nuts and avocado. How about grilling some veggies like mushrooms, onions, zucchini and whatever else you like? They're great the first day hot off the grill but also make good cold leftovers or you can add them to whole wheat couscous and cut up chicken for a yummy salad thing.

maddiesmom - sounds like you are doing really well - a bit of pizza won't throw you off when you're this on plan the rest of the time, I'm sure.

Okay - off to look for some missing stuff in the garage and then going to get that run in before the day gets away from me.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Tiff- Yes. I am going to work myself out of a job. The prob is that if I go slow... so does the day. REALLY SLOW!

Dance- I am in. When I get home I will hit the gym.

Vicky- I haven't been eating breakfast =( BAD I KNOW! I have had soup the last two days for lunch but I had a meatless cheeseburger with fries last night for dinner. SO BAD! I will not do that tonight. I lost my debit card so I have no reason at all to cheat.

Its another lunch hour come and not going fast enough. Lunch is mandatory but it takes me 5 min to eat so... My days are slow enough right now. Today is a little bit better. Whats funny is that not a single person has talked to me today. NO ONE has even walked pasat my desk... LONLEY!!!
LOL.

I am up 5 lbs. I know that its not my one slip up last night. I have been up for a few days. I am so frustrated. Off the band wagon irritated.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, I ended up doing ok for the rest of the day. Had a sweet and salty granola bar for a snack, shared a banana with Madeline when I got home, then had grilled chicken and a small baked potato for dinner. Not too shabby. I drank a TON of water today, I'm surprised I didn't float home.

Need your advice ladies...

I work in HR at a private company and have just learned that they are reorganizing the entire department into roles that they did not want and doesn't provide for upward growth (the company is big on growth and developing talent). I am one of the people who didn't get re-organized, but the department has pretty much become unbearable to work in. They are demoting people, including one of my managers just because the VP of HR doesn't like him. Also, they are moving around everyone, without giving any thought to career aspirations, etc and this move is based on 2 people who aren't performing. Ok, enough background. My question...since the entire dept is in upheaval, and I'm no longer happy, do I try and stick it out to see if things get better or do I start looking again? If I start looking again, what do I tell perspective employers about why I'm leaving my current position? (I've been there about a year) I don't know...the stress is getting so bad that I've begun grinding my teeth while I sleep which causes headaches all day long.

I contacted my ex-boss (where I was laid off) and he said that he's hoping to get clearance for a marketing asst soon, but he's been saying that since October. I just don't know what to do. Suggestions?

Ok, going to do my home workout from Mr Hott. In case you are interested, here's the workout:
Repeat 10 times:
Squats 10
Crunches 25

Then light weight shoulder workout

lateral raise 10
lateral raise thumb up 10
lateral raise thumb down 10
front raise 10
overhead press 10

Have a great night ladies!!

Last edited by Maddiesmom on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:58 pm

AJ I thought you were going to take a break from the scale? There are so many things that can make your weight fluctuate from day to day. Don't let one reading of the scale make you go "off the wagon." It can be water retention from TOM, maybe your medication? Don't let it get to you hun!

My new goal: to be 214 by 2/14...so I'm not going to get on the scale until then. I may have to have the hubby hide it from me.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

AJ-I'll trade jobs with you for a week. I swear I see those 2 little boys more than their parents do. I love them but I want to be able to sleep in my own bed at least once a week, luckily I get to stay home tonight. Then back over there tomorrow night.

Dance-I did my 3 miles tonight. My husband went with me and instead of running on the treadmill, we walked the perimeter of the basketball court. I think I lapped him like 7 times. He was not happy with all the little kids there so we were only there an hour. I did 2.5 miles walking/running and 1mile on the stationary bike.

Nikki-I think I will get some NB. I tried some different reeboks tonight and they werent good either. I joined the gym when we got back from AL, actually its just a community center here and is only open until May 1st but they have a small gym with weight machines and treadmills, they do aerobics and spin classes there. Havent tried either on but I really want to. They also have 2 basketball courts, 3 raquetball courts(for volleyball too) pool, air hockey. Its nice cos me and the SIL can take her kids and they have plenty to do while we workout.

Tiff- I didnt time my 3 miles tonight and went a little slower than usual, but 40 seems doable, just hope I can get there. I wish my husband would want to eat healthy too, but I just cant get him to. He keeps snacks in the house, I put them all in one cupboard and I stay away from them. I do still keep dark chocolate in the house for me but only have it once in a while.

Vicky-I really need to try eating eggs for breakfast if they are helping you to eat less during the day. I think I will try Hott trainers workout(maybe not tonight but probably tomorrow) Need to stay home and clean and just be home so I will have plenty of time. 214 by 2/14, you can do it.

I usually spend 2 hours at the gym and with my husband there and so many little kids around(he is not a fan of little kids) he was ready to leave after like 45 minutes. I love that he wanted to go but will have to take him on one of the slower days next time.

My house is still a disaster so I am gonna get it in order tomorrow and do some cooking for the rest of the week. I'll get paid on Thursday so gonna use that and go to the grocery store and get lots of fruits and veggies and get back to eating a lot better.

Heres my little dining room with the new table. (Just ignore the ugly green carpet, I hate it)
Weight Loss Buddies - Page 8 Diningroom

Talk to you all tomorrow
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Burgundy - Gorgeous table! Very nice choice. I got in my three miles but really wasn't in the mood after doing some more yard work - looking forward to having my personal time back to myself and not having everything be about house stuff!!

maddiesmom - That sounds like a tough situation! In this crazy economy, I'd stay put until you have a firm offer, definitely. I don't think other employers would have any issue with your saying the dynamic of the team (or something like that) has changed and you're looking for a role with more challenges/more of a career path (whatever). Definitely better to keep it vague and not diss anyone though : ) Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do!

aj - I'm sure that's just a blip, you've been doing so well. Is TOM sneaking up on you maybe? Sorry the days are so slow - how can we help?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey girls. I miss a few days and I feel soo behind!

Rayne-Love the table.. i always liked dark wood... sucks you gotta organize your house tomorrow. Oh and good idea about making food for the week. I should really start doing that because I mainly just eat lean cuisines because I'm so lazy.

Dance- I never did comment on your house. It's Gorgeous!!! It looks like something out of a fairy tale. I love it!

Nikki- I haven't gone on 3fc since we came on here. I may eventually just to look at before/after pics... i did enjoy that. Oh.. and Korea is freezing right now. The weather is similar to cincinnati.. where i live... so unfortunately i'm not getting away from that aspect. blah. Oh.. and I use to think about surgery .. when I was at my highest. But now that I see that I have been able to do it on my own.. I'm glad I didn't ever get to that point. I have a feeling of accomplishment that I don't think I would have necessarily with a weight loss surgery. Oh by the way.. I'm sooo impressed with the amount of walking you do. You seem like you have a regimen that you stick to. I really need to get into a routine.

Sandy-Rice ice cream bars? Never heard of it. sounds good though.. I'll have to see if I can find them. I also am not watching Food Inc. There's some things I'd just rather not know. I once didn't eat eggs for 4yrs because of something i've seen.. not going into details. I just now got over it. haha

AJ-Awww. sorry you're lonely at work. I hate starting a new job. It's like the first day of school all over again! Though.. i switched schools pretty much every year growing up.. so lonely lonely lonely. people always warm up after a while. hope your days go faster=)

Maddiesmom-I'd say applying elsewhere wouldn't be a bad idea if you don't like where you are at now. At least just to see what is out there and the offers you may get. If they ask why you are leaving... maybe just tell them that you are looking to advance your career and it wasn't possible at your old job. I know for sure.. never bad mouth your past employers. I would just try to be as generic as possible with your explanation. I saw you said your back is a little better. Glad to hear that too.

Tiff-Weekends are rough. Maybe having a plan ahead of time. If you know you're going to be out and about.. instead of stopping and picking up snacks.... take some healthy ones with you or pack some lunches... keep a mini cooler in the car. I'm trying to plan ahead as well. My husband gets back next wednesday and all he wants to do is eat out. ah!

hope i didn't miss anyone.
Plans for tomorrow:
petsmart- my dog needs some diet dog food. haha. He gained 2lbs in 4 mos. he's a chihuahua... so that's bad.
Gym- I need to finally get my butt there again and get on a schedule.. even if it's only 30 minutes a day.
Laundry-- that's a workout in and of itself. up/down 3 flights and to the laundromat.. boy i hope they have a washer/dryer in our apt in korea!

I really need to keep lists like this now that I'm not working, otherwise I sit around all day and do absolutely nothing! Talk to you all later. Love ya's
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:03 am

Good morning everyone,

Just got to work and not really in the mood to think right now...lol. So the scale is just not being nice to me. Yesterday I was up 5 lbs from my overeating from the weekend. We all know that is just not possible. That's 17,500 calories over maintenance levels I would have had to eaten. Not possible. I think that Saturday I probably ate at maintenence level and then Sunday I was definitely over probabaly by 1000 at best. So I'm not sure where the 5 lbs came from. I don't feel bloated at all. My pants are actually looser today than they have ever been. This morning I was down like 2, so still 3 lbs to get rid of. It's not really getting to me like it normally would, but it's kinda aggravating because I needed to lose 3 lbs this week in addition to what I was at last week in order to try to reach my wedding goal. My calories the last two days have been perfect and I have been eating really healthy. Just gotta have hope that it's gonna go quick.

My meal plan for today:
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup organic 1% milk
1 cup strawberry banana fruit smoothie
1 banana
2 oz. whole grain pasta with parmesan cheese
1 granny smith apple
Spinach salad w/ olive oil & parmesan
Hamburger on whole grain bread

Yuuuum....I'm hungry just thinking about the yummy foods I get to eat today. A little too many fruits probably though. I like fruits way better than veggies.

Maddiesmom, I would definitely look if you are not happy. I have always heard that you should always be looking for new oppurtunities even if you love your current job. Dancer's ideas for reasons to tell them sound good to me.

Neesy, glad you have a plan for today. Now stick to it girl! Lists always help me to get motivated.

Burgandy and Dancer, good job on the mileage for both of you. I did not go to the gym last night and instead watched the first half of food, inc. Disturbing. It made me want to get a cow, pig and a few chickens on our 2.5 acres and never have to deal with buying meat again. I did do some lunges when I got out of the shower but I didn't do enough to do anything. Definitely need to get to the gym tonight. Hopefully it's not as busy as it was on Monday.

Don ate a spinach salad last night and actually liked it!!! I can't really tell you guys what he likes to help you give me ideas because he only knows the unhealthy foods he likes. He has never really tried healthy foods. But he is trying everything I'm making and liking most of it. Like beans and rice...he liked that. Oh I do know that he likes pretty much any soup he has ever tasted. So soup recipes would be helpful. Any soup with beans he'd love.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 am

Morning, girls!

tifftiff - aren't inexplicable weight fluctuations the worst?!? Sorry you have to deal with that. Great great job on getting your hubby to eat the healthy stuff. If he likes spinach salad, maybe he'd like sauteed spinach with a squeeze of lemon? Your food plan for the day looks super healthy but maybe a bit low in protein just IMHO. Can you add some chicken to your pasta at lunch or bring some of your hubby's almonds as a snack? I usually am too lazy to bring lunch to work on the days I go to the office but you have me inspired - I'm going to bring leftover salad and chicken from last night. Thanks for motivating me!

neesy - your story about your dog gaining weight totally cracked me up! Too funny! Good luck with the diet food - my cat only gets the diet version of kibble too and it seems to have helped over time (she's much less chubby now and I also have cut out all people food). Love the idea of your lists and public accountability. I have a multi-page master list to try to keep me on track with all of this moving stuff - craziness. Come back and tell us how your workout goes!

Okay, food plan today: two eggs for breakfast, chicken, apple and salad for lunch, thai chicken and broccoli for dinner. And after dinner I get to touch up the interior paint at the old house to get it ready to go on the market - just another wild and crazy day here! Hope you girls have a good one!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 am

Your guys' meal plans sound sooo delicious. I really need to start cooking more. I just eat lean cuisines. Though i made some turkey BLTs yesterday that were so good. I probably ate too much of the bacon though. I'm gonna stop at the grocery store and see what I can find.

I didn't go to the gym. Instead I did Jillian's 30DS... first time since i got it back in august!! It really kicked my butt. I feel so out of shape.. though I stuck through the entire workout and didn't take any breaks. Maybe I'll stop and get some subway.. it's been a long time and I need something "fresh." All of these processed foods are really making me feel like crap!

TTYL!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:32 am

Dance-3 miles today?? No one wants to go with me today so I guess I will go solo. Maybe I can do more alone.

Neesy-good luck with the diet food for the pup. My girl could stand to lose a lb or 2. I need to make a list for today like you did. I have so much I want to get done today. 30ds, good for you, are you gonna try to do it 30 days straight??

TIff-you meals today sound yummy, but like Dance said, maybe you could add a little more protein in there somewhere. Glad Don is liking all the healthy foods. Wish I could get Chris to eat healthier.

I need to get my day going or I will never accomplish all I want to today.
I need to do
laundry
dishes
take old table and chairs to chris' cousins
take boxes to the dump
cook for the rest of the week
go to the gym(or I might pull out 30ds and wii fit)

Breakfast I made an egg white omelet with onions, green peppers, ham, and a little bit of cheese with wild peach salsa. That was so good. I'm gonna have that more often, gotta get more salsa first. Lunch will probably be a lean cuisine. Dinner baked chicken over whole wheat pasta and brussel sprouts. I have an apple for a snack somewhere in between lunch and dinner. I'll probably have one piece of dark chocolate tonight.

OK enough boring everyone with my day. I'll check in later.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 am

Morning girls:

So, Im having a great week so far, sticking to plan as far as food, Ive been eating an excessive amount of eggs but I love them so much. I actually have been eating cake and sweets but within reason and counter balancing it with really healthy meals like broiled fish and cauliflower. Today I might shoot for a Subway sub, Im sooooo freakin hungry, lol. I didnt get my morning walk in because my mom couldnt go but I plan on going tonight, along with my new workout video which Im doing every other day (so I dont burn myself out). On another positive note, I woke up feeling sore from Monday's workout, lol...funny that Im excited that it hurts to bend when I sit on the toilet, lol.

Tiff--- OMG, I love your thought process on money and soda, this is soooo true. I need to do that more often! Im sure I wouldnt be so easy to go and splurge if I broke it down financially. THANKS!!! Oh and happy dance for your hubby eating healthy, that is freakin awesome (yes freakin, lol), its always easier when you have two of you in cahoots together. OH and if your hubby likes organic pb, he should try ezekial bread. This is my absolute favorite snack these days and its super filling.

Maddiesmom-- every girl has a swimsuit body in her, trust me, mine is far from perfection but the one thing Ive learned in my whole weight loss process is....confidence is contagious. I carry myself with a higher power/authority/self esteem and am less self conscious, so yay for bikini season, I never thought I would say that. Now on the job front, just my opinion: start looking, it will take time to find a new one so why not explore your options. As far as an answer, its illegal for them to verify anything but employment dates/status so if you lie about your reason for leaving, its irrelevent, so say something along the lines of: the company is doing a re-org because of the economy and you are trying to be proactive in finding a new job for fear that you might be laid off because you are lowest in seniority, tell them that you do not know this for fact but that you are looking out for the well being of your future and also with the new reorg you are constantly looking to grow and succeed in a company and you do not believe that the stability of the company will allow you to do so (something along those lines). It covers your "job history" (since you have only been there a year, you do not want to be perceived as a "job hopper") and shows your character (being proactive), no future employer can fault you for this.

Burgundy- thats awesome that you joined a new fitness center, I highly recommend spinning classes if you are able to do them. They suck horribly, lol...but its like 30DS, you love to hate it because you will see results. On your new interior decor---very nice!! I looked at the same style at Ashely Furniture (big furniture store here). I opted out though because we never eat at the kitchen table, lol.

Neesy- boo to cold weather in Korea. I have always wanted to visit Korea so Im a bit envious that you get to live there, its so exciting (and Im sure nerve racking as well). Thanks for the kudos on the walk/run routine, it really is second nature to me, its just like having to feed the dog or take a shower, lol...the gym, now thats another story. Soooo....did you feel like you were going to die on 30DS? lol...I was literally standing in a pool of my own sweat! YUCK!!!

Dance - did you end up getting your run in yesterday? I would be shocked if you didnt lose a few pounds this week with all the moving your doing, I cant wait to hear everyone weigh in.

AJ-- <3

Ok, talk to you girls later---xoxoxo

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 pm

burgundy - I'm at the office all day today and by the time I get home it will probably be too dark to run so I'm probably no good as a virtual running buddy! I will be going up and down steps a lot though, packing and getting organized so maybe if I do that for an hour or so we can sort of count it as a companion workout to yours Smile What are you cooking today? I need some new ideas.

lindy - sounds like you are doing great! Love pb on ezekial - very yummy!

neesy - Getting away from the processed stuff sounds like a great idea! Can you make a big pot of turkey chili (or something like that) and freeze some individual portions in ziplocs? That way you don't have to eat the same thing for days in a row. It's a lifesaver for me right now to have a bunch of healthy stuff in the freezer when I don't want to deal with cooking.

Day's going okay so far - fairly productive at work and I'm going to head to lowe's during my lunch break - such fun.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Nikki-I might try a spin class, I just have really weak knees, so maybe I can make it through.

Dance-dont know if I will make it to the gym today either but I will get a workout in. Might pull out a dusty dvd. I'm making mini turkey meatloaves, I love those things and I can just throw them in the freezer and get out a few at a time. I also made a tuna/pasta salad for lunch tomorrow with onion, carrots, green pepper, and 1 TB FF mayo and whole wheat pasta. Not sure what else I want to make. Just trying to make a few things to have in the freezer so when lunch rolls around I dont cave and eat whatever.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm

burgundy - your meatloaf sounds yummy - do you have a favorite recipe?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Ladies,

Ok, I am NB addict too! I started buying them around 8 years ago, and will never wear anything else. I love them. It is the first shoe I have ever bought for working out (walking) that I never got blisters in and has always been extremely comfortable. I always buy the 608 (walking shoe).

Burgund, I love your dining-room table and decor, very nice! I know your loving having it!

AJ, sorry about the long days, but atleast your will enjoy the income for now. I love your saying a chimp could do your job, I have felt that way alot over the years.......LOL

Dance you sound like your doing good on your plan, as does Lindy (welcome back), and Tiff. I need to get moving here quick! Oh, Lindy I have only been on 3FC once or twice, just to read other forums. Other than that, I really don't have an interest in it anymore.

Vicky, I second what Dance was saying about your job. Just start searching and be honest about the re-organization and wanting a career where there are opportunities for advancement. I too wouldn't leave until you have something secure to go to.

Staccie, how the the Olympics coming? I miss see you on here.

Neesy I don't know who would have the Rice Bars (taste like ice-cream) I found them at the Health Food Store. There are also Mud Pies and other flavors. Very yummy.

Ok, work has been hell. I put in 13 hours yesterday, which is why I never got on here. I am sooo sleepy right now, but have to stay up to pick Bubba up from work......ugh. Still no workout, but I did meet a guy I am going to hire for 10 weeks of personal training. I plan on doing this in March. I just want to jump start some strenghth training to help rid the flabbiness I am getting from weight loss (weight I lost a while back). My food has been really good, so I am proud of that. No junk, no high starches or sugars.

Alina (daughter) came in tonight for 2 days, which was wonderful. I miss her when she is gone. I wish I wasn't so tired but hopefully tomorrow night we can spend more time together. She is so funny, she is addicted to Shutterfly! LOL..........

Bye for now.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:24 pm

What is NB??? scratch

Ps... I got into a pissing match with a 3fc moderator today so I doubt I will be permitted there anymore. LOL!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

AJ: NB is New Balance shoes. What happened with the Moderator on 3FC (you peeked my curiousity!). I've been back once or twice to see if anyone is still posting, but no one is, which goes to show you, we're the reason the forum kept going. I can say, I don't miss the website, but I would definitely miss all of you girls!

Just got back from the gym, a hot sweaty mess. Worked out last night to Mr. Hott's workout, then cardio today at the gym. I thought I would join in on everyone's 3 miles to see where I am at. I did 3 miles in 42 minutes...not too shabby considering I haven't run in awhile because of my back issues. I'm determined to get back into my workout schedule. Even if I don't go to the gym, Mr. Hott gave me workouts to do at home, so no excuses.

So I went to Portillos' today (known for chicago style hotdogs and all around awesome, also known as fatty food), and I got a salad. I was in the drive thru debating whether or not to get a chocolate shake (it's the TOM...I'm craving it like nobody's business), so I had a discussion with myself stating that I wanted to lose, the shake wasn't worth it, it would be a waste to have it and then work out, etc etc, so I got a salad and a bottle of water to drink. I was also going to stop at Starbucks this morning, acutally got into the parking lot, and then turned around and went to work; figuring the calories weren't worth it. So, I'm getting there.

Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I posted on the south beach forum about my frustrations with my weight while dieting and this 75yo moderator that has always had a bad attitude towards me said "You first phasers need to post in a first phase only forum so that we can stay organized and you guys don't ask the same questions 20 times. Then she said... good advice to this person comment and closed my thread. It was an active thread with 27 posts today and she just locked it. SHe is a bitter old bitty and I told her that. 3fc is not her site and the point of that site is to chat not for her to feel organized. OI!! I will never go back to that stupid site.

When your internal voice is done helping you... send it my way =) Great job with the SHake!! SO proud =)

I bought healthy food again but this time with whole grains. EFFFF South Beach people. LOL. Not you staccie. The 3fc'ers. I can lose weight and eat some grains and fruit!! =)
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum