In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 6 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  burgundyrayne Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Vicky-wish my eating was as good as my exercise, not sure about hitting 199 this week. I think I will make some turkey chili next week sometime.

Dance-yardwork is always a killer exercise. Wish I could get out in my yard but its full of ice and snow.

Tiff-I did 2 miles in 34 minutes but I didnt time the last mile. I will next time and let you know. Congrats on getting down to 284

AJ-I am so happy that you are feeling better about everything. Yay for getting back to 156.

Lindy-all this weight loss stuff does get old sometimes. Like this week I have been eating just about anything(still in moderation) I dont know what it is. I know I am so close to 199 and need to push myself to get there just dont think this is the week. I would like to do 30ds again cos I lost lots of inches, you are just gonna have to talk me into it a bit more. Its killer.

Didnt make it to the gym today, worked all day. I'll get off my butt and get a workout in in a few. Dont know if I will make it tomorrow either. Going shopping for a new dining room table, still havent found one I like.

I did good at dinner tonight, made chicken asparagus stir fry with just a few seasonings in it. It was yummy. Bought some fresh veggies today so I can eat healthier the next few days. I also bought a protein shake mix if I dont feel like making breakfast. So I am slowly getting back on track with eating.

Night ladies.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Rayne- I am gonna put my snow boots on and hike my ass up into MI to kick your a$$! You are so frickin close child! You want it... so do it! You can have it. COME ONNNNNNNN =)

PS after days of cheat free plan I ate pizza. Thin crust with veggies but still. lol. I am fine. didn't go crazy with it. Just 2 squares.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Hey girls. Sorry I've been MIA. I've been sleeping my life away lately. I sleep at different times every day. Mostly I'm up late at night. I woke up at 5pm today.. I have just been in a funk. Though.. eating well. I haven't gone to the gym because by the time I wake up, its closed. I have worked out in my living room though. ... Oh and my mom just text me to say she's coming over to make donuts in the morning. OMG... I wanted to tell her no.. but it's been like 15yrs since I have had them and I want them so badly. I'll just have one! I promise I'll work out too.

Rayne- good luck on finding a dining table. I hate furniture shopping for some reason. After a while, I'm just like.. i'll take whatever. We have a dining room table that we've had for 5 years. We have only sat at it like 3 times.

AJ- that's cool that your experience will be on the news and you will help save some further victims. So sorry that happened. I know you will find something and good job not letting it get you down.

Lindy- I'm the same way. I am cognizent of what I'm eating and doing.. but I'm not 100% into dieting like I was when I started. I'm caring less i think. Maybe because i'm more comfortable with my body? I don't know. I have pretty much not lost or gained anything in the past 3 months.. but feel ok about it. Maintaining is okay with me right now.. and if I lose, then I lose.

Tiff- your post made me laugh.. way to avoid BK!! haha. Good will power girly!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 am

Holy crap did I bust through 285 and then some. This morning when I weighed, I was at 281.4!!! I actually yelled WOOHOO...really loud, lol. I still have a chance to reach the goal I set a month and a half ago. I wanted to be 280 for the 5k. And that also means I am still on track for 270 for the wedding on the 21st of Feb.

Plus another big accomplishment last night, at the gym I did 3.2 miles again and improved my time by almost 5 minutes from the night before. I did it in 49:13, which is within Don's goal for this Saturday. I know when I do it with him, he will push me even more. These nightly 5k's are really helping my weight loss I think as well. Either that, or tom is just taking a bunch of weigh with him. I am floating on cloud 9 today and I don't think anyone or anything can bring me down.

Neesy and anyone else this may apply to, I can totally understand the not minding if you maintain. Well I think I can. I have never lost enough to be at a normal weight that can wear clothes from normal stores, but I'm thinking about how I would feel if that were true. You are both normal weights (in my opinion), and both pretty close to or at healthy bmi's (i think??) So now, it's not really for health reasons or quality of life reasons to lose more weight. It's more of a cosmetic reason. So honestly, if you are maintaining, that is a good thing. Once you've been at that weight for a while, you may decide to kick it into overdrive and get that last bit lost. But for now, as long as you are maintaining and keeping a relatively healthy lifestyle and most importantly are happy, I think that's ok. If not all of those three things are true, then you need to figure out what worked for you in the past to lose the majority of your weight and do it again.

Dancer, man you really seem to be on track 100% even with al you are dealing with. You are awesome.

Burgandy, I would just like you to know that I was thinking of you at the gym last night when I was on the treadmill. You told us you did 2 miles in 34 minutes (i think???) and I was compteting with you and your time. LOL. It's the competitiveness in me. But I think it really helped, so thank you! Maybe we could push each other by posting our times and have a little competition going.

Hope everyone makes the right choices today.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

You guys just made my day this morning - I was feeling kind of blah and stressed and now you've got me all inspired again.

tifftiff - wowza! that's great news! Running is really an incredible way to kickstart your weightloss - just be a little careful about giving your body a few rest days a week so you don't get overuse problems. You are going to nail that goal for the wedding at this rate!!

burgundy - sounds like you are on plan with food. I'm more optimistic about your hitting 199 this weekend than you are apparently. And turkey chili over brown rice with nf sour cream and lf sharp cheddar is one of my all time favorite lo-cal meals. Maybe with some diced tomatoes over the top. Yum!

neesy - sounds like kind of a hard time for you - what's going on with your schedule? You're not working right now, are you? What are you doing with your time? Getting ready for the move to Korea? Sometimes too much free time is even harder than being too busy - more time to think about eating, at least for me. Are you doing okay mood-wise?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 am

Tiff- HOLY CRAPOLA, thats a big loss---CONGRATS!!! I am soooo excited for you! Ok, so this is not related to weight loss but I need someones advice, I realize you get paid to do this so if you cant give me advice, I understand but Im sooo afraid that Im going to get in trouble with my taxes, so I was wondering if I can get your opinion? Ive tried filing my taxes different ways to get more money and this is what gives us the most money:

John and I are still legally married, Gabriella is my daughter but not his, and he still uses my address even though he doesnt live here anymore. SO - is this legal?....can John file Married, Head of Household, claiming Gabriella and me file Married, filing separately and not claiming Gabriella at all? Is that legal because Im filing separately and hes not? And Im not claiming Gabriella and he is, even though she is my daughter? Is this confusing the hell out of you? LOL...I dont see where it is illegal but then again, Im not sure. I ask you because you're in Florida so you know our rules. Ive tried to googling it but just aint getting a straight answer and Im not sure I want to leave this to the google gods. Hell, I can even paypal you some money just to confirm if its ok, I just need help. LOL If you dont want to, I wont be upset, I just was wondering. And sorry to the rest of you girls for my tax drama, haha.

Now, moving on---

Neesy - why are you sleeping so much? Are you starting to get depressed over the move or missing your hubby? When I sleep a lot its usually because of depression, not saying it is with you, just letting you know any which way you can lean on us, you can IM me anytime too, Im on Yahoo (if you are), me and AJ talk all the time.

AJ- so you took your scam to the news? Thats awesome! So are you going back, have you confronted the company already? This is so exciting, they call these things in Florida.."Whistle Blower Alerts", I love to watch them on the local news.

Where is Mygrits at these days?

Burgundy- we need to stick this out together, I just wish I could figure out what my inspiration is these days because I honestly cant pin point it. Whats your exercise plans for today? I went and got a exercise ball---FINALLY yesterday and it came with a DVD, I might try it out tonight. I also have been jumping on my daughters trampoline so thats pretty good, I always gett off panting, lol.

Dance- you inspire me 99% of the time, you always have great suggestions, so I REALLY appreciate your advice. I do think I need to take babysteps for sure, I just really want to get out of this funk. BOOO.

Well, I got my run in last night and did a brisk walk this morning, my moms back is bothering me so I have to go at her pace. I can no longer go by myself because we have a serial rapist in my area that is targetting female joggers in the early mornings AND late evenings, which is usually the times that I go. He even attacked a woman who had a dog, so this guy is obviously brazin. Anyway, the plans of exercising at home are not going according to plan and Im starting to see it in the mirror, I look "flabby", geez...I need to rope this back in. Ok, no more "Nikki Downer", lol, Ill talk to you girls later.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 am

lindy - even if you're running with company, definitely get some pepper spray (if it's not illegal in your area) to have in your hand. I got mine at the local running specialty store but a regular sporting goods store may have it as well. I haven't been carrying mine lately as I've only been running while it's light but I'd feel much better if you had some especially while this nutso is around!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 pm

For those of you who do not want a tax lesson do not read this. Lindy, that does not mean you. You have to read :-P

Separated couples have two options when it comes to their filing status. If you are separated, but your divorce is not yet final, then they have to choose between filing a joint return or a separate return. Generally speaking, separated couples file separate returns.
However, some people are entitled to file as Head of Household. According to IRS Publication 504, you can file as head of household if you meet three criteria:
• You are "considered unmarried,"
• You paid more than half the cost of keeping up a home for the year, and
• A "qualifying person" (usually a dependent) lived with you for more than half the year.

"Considered Unmarried"
In order to be considered unmarried, the separated couples must have lived apart from each other for the last six months of the year (or more). There's acutally five criteria for being "considered unmarried" by the IRS.
• You file a separate tax return.
• You paid more than half the cost of keeping up your home.
• Your spouse did not live with you during the last six months of the year.
• Your home was the main home of your child, stepchild, or foster child for more than half the year.
• You can claim at least one child as a dependent.

Given all of that information and the limited knowledge I have of your situation, the logical choice would be to have you as head of household, you claim your daughter because you pay her expenses, and he file married filing separate. Did you run that scenario through the tax programs? It’s just kind of a hard argument for him to say that she is his dependent if he did not pay for at least half her expenses. However, the only case where that would be a problem is if you were to be audited.

Well, I actually just found something else. You can sign a written declaration, that you (the custodial parent) will not claim the child as a dependent for the year, and the noncustodial parent (your husband) attaches Form 8332 to his return.
Beginning in 2009, a noncustodial parent claiming an exemption for a child can no longer attach certain pages from a divorce decree or separation agreement instead of Form 8332. The noncustodial parent must attach Form 8332 or similar statement signed by the custodial parent. The only purpose of this statement must be to release the custodial parent's claim to the child's exemption.

Did I lose you yet? So, to summarize, yes I think you can do what you want to do, but you have to google that form, fill it out, and file a mailed return, rather than a e-file, because the simple tax programs aren’t going to have that form to file, I don’t think anyways.

Let me know if you need anymore help. I am glad to help you since you have helped me stay motivated so many times. I just wish I could help you get motivated in the weight loss front. I want you to succeed and get out of this funk. I second the pepper spray. I would definitely have it if I didn’t have my own personal bodyguard. LOL. My husband is 6’5”, 280. Don’t need pepper spray with him.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Dance and Tiff- I totally agree on the pepperspray front, Im going to get some this weekend. I always thought because I went with my dog it would be ok but obviously that hasnt stopped this guy.

Tiff- Thank you...thank you...thank you! There are so many rules and regulations that I just didnt want to do anything illegal (knowingly), its kind of sticky situation but because I made double what John made, if I claim Head of Household and Gab as a dependent, I get a thousand less, dont ask me why or how, Im just so confused. lol. Anyway, the way you broke it down seems legitimate so Im going to file and cross my fingers. Im going to go on the IRS website and fill out the paperwork as well, thanks again, I greatly appreciate the quick reply and you taking your time to expalin. Ill check in later chickadees.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

hey girls!
Just got back from the closing and now own *gulp* two houses. Better get the old one sold super quick. I'm totally frustrated as the former owner got rid of absolutely all of her paint (trim, exterior, etc.) so I have nothing to do touch ups with. Aargh!

Doing well food-wise and am heading out on an exercise walk with my buddy at 6:15. Hope you all are doing great!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi girls.

I am not well today.

I am feeling very down. I am homesick. Everything my husband does to try to make me feel okay is just smothering me. I am taking 4-5 benadryl a night to fall asleep and I am still up for hours. I am not eating. I am not hungry. I have a job interview tomorrow with a speech pathologist and I don't have any desire to go.

I am really stuck right now and I can pretend all I want to be positive but I am just not =(

Sorry to be a bummer.
I am just so not okay and have no one to talk to.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm

hey sweetie - just tried your cell but maybe you're on the other line. call when you get a minute!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you for calling but I left my phone in my car and my hubby has it at school. This is just so NOT my week!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm

do you have access to another phone? or not until he comes home?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

AJ: You poor thing! Perhaps you are suffering from depression? Is there someone (a professional) that you can go see? They may be able to help you with a medication that could help you sleep so you don't have to take benadryl. (Don't want you to be offended by what I just said, I just feel so bad for you...I want to give you a big 'ol hug!) Things will turn around for you...you just wait and see.

Dance Good luck selling your house. That sucks about the paint. I was the complete opposite when I got my house. They left all the paint...but it was all ugly!! I ended up painting the entire house (including ceilings) before we moved in.

Tiff: Great job on your loss! And good luck with the 5K.

I did ok food wise. Had a breakfast meeting and had a belgian waffle with fresh strawberries and o.j. Soup and salad for lunch, no snacks, and then for dinner had a small bbq pork sandwich (homemade) on Arnold flatbread. I had iced tea and lots of water.

Also had a workout with Mr. Hott tonight. He kicked my butt. He'll be sending me some good workouts that I can do at the gym or at home. They were written by him and a navy seal he used to train. Should be interesting! If there's anything good, I'll pass it along.

Signed Maddie up for gymnastics, it's a parent assisted class so I'll be lifting her etc, so it's just like another workout during the week. I know she'll love it. We attended a b-day party at this place and she loved it. Should be good exercise for both of us.

Have a great night ladies!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Vicky- Thank you. But I am taking benadryl now because I am scared to become dependent on ambien. I take prozac but I am not sure it working any more. Its been more than a year. I am speaking with our marriage counselor over the phone (he is in Denver) tomorrow @ 1. I am really a mess!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Maybe all the gloomy weather is making us down? Well.. I know here in cincinnati.. it's been gray, cold, and gloomy every singl day this month. Where is the sun?? I have my bouts of feeling sad, but mostly just incredibly stressed. I worry a lot. I stay up way too long because I can't go to sleep because I'm constantly thinking about every single thing.. mostly having to do with korea. The financial aspects and just getting this command sponsorship to be able to go. I turned in this paperwork to see if I will be able to go. Well.. I don't even know if they received it because no one returns emails. It could take a long long time to even get approval.. or I could possibly not get approved and have a year without my husband. This has all been on my mind incessantly. So... going to sleep is a problem... but once I am able to sleep.. I sleep forever... like 14+hrs. I'm sleeping during the day. So.. being up at night by myself doesn't help either. I'll get myself on track. My husband comes home Feb 10th. So.. its not that much longer. I realy need a hobby. Too much time kills. But good on the diet front. I'm back down to 181.. (2lb down from last sunday).

Sorry this was such a ME post. It felt good to get it off my chest.

AJ- I hope things starting going better for you as well. We'll get through this. ::hug::
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 am

AJ, hun I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope your counselor can help in whatever way you need it. When I felt homesick during my tour of the southeast (I moved like 5 times in two years), I talk to my friends and family from home as much as possible. I'm not sure if you are already doing this, but if not maybe that would help? Volunteering somewhere helping people or animals always helps me to feel better about my situation. However, I tend to get upset over really trivial tiny things, so that just helps me to realize that I am so blessed and in a much better situation than so many people. I'm not sure exactly what's causing your pain, so I'm not sure if that is the case. But helping others always makes me feel better and like I am having an impact.

Neesy, I had that problem for sooooo many years. My entire college life I couldn't go to sleep until 3 or 4 sometimes later and sleep the entire day. I tried to fix my sleep schedule SOO many times. I never could do it though. Once I started my career, it naturally fixed itself since I have obligations in the early mornings. So, honestly I have no recommendations since I could never figure out how to fix myself. However, I just wanted you to know that I know what your going through and how difficult it is.

Yesterday was another day on plan, 1250 cals. I'm finally eating healthier foods. Bananas are cheap! Grapes, I found out, are not at all. 2.48 a lb!!!! I'm also having eggs for breakfast every morning, and usually leftovers for lunch. Nearly everything I am cooking for dinner is from scratch, not using too much processed foods. I lost another lb today, so yay for that. Last night, I did my last workout before the 5k (taking tonight off so I am refreshed in the morning). I improved my time by like 2 mins again to 47:25. So everything is fantastic on the diet front for me. I just need to get ALOT of work done today. I have 4 files on my desk today that I have told myself HAVE to get done. Hope everyone has a great day.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:08 am

tifftiff - WTG! You are doing soooo well - I'm so impressed! I loved reading how you're changing your eating habits - that's just wonderful and will serve you really well during this stressful time at work.

neesy - that sounds really really tough - it sounds like you might want to get involved in something that meets in the morning and involves a workout - a neighborhood booty camp or yoga class maybe? Something that helps give you some structure and wears you out so you can sleep a bit better during normal hours. Somehow being up all alone in the middle of the night makes things much more stressful. Congrats on the continued losses - you are doing great!

maddiesmom - the gymnastics class for your daughter sounds like a great idea. And you're doing great during your recovery with food and exercise.

aj - how did you sleep last night?

Still holding steady at 170 - can't wait to start a new decade Smile but clothes are fitting a bit differently so I think gradually over time I've replaced some fat with muscle. I'm hoping for a loss by Sunday as I expect to be crazy nutso busy with move stuff all weekend. Happy Friday girls!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

Oh boy---it just breaks my heart to read that both Neesy and AJ are going through this slump, Im so sorry girls. My invitation is ALWAYS open, if you girls want to do a trip to Florida to get your mind off of things, there is always a door open. Im 30 minutes from all major attractions and an hour from the beach. BIG HUG!

Tiff- OMG...you are soooo rocking it these days, you have your head in the zone more so than many of us do, its quite impressive. I dont even count calories anymore and I know Im doing serious damage, I need to keep reading your posts because they sooooo motivate me. See, the problem is, I have nothing that Im working toward...not an event or anything so that kinda kills my inspiration. Anyway, what are you going for exercise in addition to counting calories these days?

Dance - whats the weather like there? How are you doing calorie wise? So today I did things a "little" different. I went to this place called Pita Pit and instead of getting a soda, I got a small gatorade, now I know this isnt Crystal Light but I watered down the Gatorade with large cup and drank that instead of pop, so thats a little better...I was thinking of you the whole time I was debating, lol. How are you doing calorie wise today? How are you doing in general with getting back on track?

Maddiesmom--OMG I used to love the days of "mommy and me" classes, that was my favorite time when Gab was a baby. Now Im lucky if she'll give me a hug in public, lol. Yes, if you could share your workout tips from Mr.Hott, that would be awesome. Is he aware that you are part of a weight loss forum or is that under wraps? lol...I tell some people but not everyone.

Ok, today is OK...I went to this place called Pita Pit and had a chicken caesar pita with a watered down gatorade, I also had a small coffee today and a few pieces of Andes chocolate (and when I say few, I mean 6, lol)...I feel disgustingly full so Im hoping the rest of my day is a little lighter. Im thinking Im at about 1200 calorie right now so Im not too dispappointed. I did not do my mornign run but Im ready to do it in the evening, thats the plan.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 am

AJ: Are you feeling any better today? If you don't want to go to fun 'ol Florida, you could always come to freezing cold Chicago! LOL. As Linda said, my door is always open as well, and you can play with Madeline! Very Happy

Lindy Hott trainer does know a little about the forum, but it's not like he cares if I share my workouts, etc. with you guys. He's really such a nice guy. He gave me a tough workout the past 2 weeks, but I know it will be worth it. Here's what I did last night: 5 min on rower, 40 squats, 40 lunges, 50 crunches, 5 min biking, 40 squats, 40 lunges, 50 crunches, 5 min on the rower. I am a little sore today, but I know it will be worse tomorrow, especially since i have to squat and lift Maddie during gymnastics.

Lindy, we need you to get your motivation back!! You do have something to work toward...your goal!!! We can all do this together. I think we're all just feeling the effects of not reaching our long term goals yet and so we're slacking. We need to keep each other accountable, so you MUST go for that run tonight! LOL

Tiff You are impressing me by the day. Holy cow are you kicking butt!!! Congrats on the weight loss and the improved 5K time. When is the race?

Neesy: Sorry you are having a tough time as well. Hopefully you will hear something about your paperwork soon.

Did any of you watch Oprah this week when they mentioned the documentary "Food, Inc?" It's about where you food comes from. The people basically said that the high carb, no carb, low fat, etc. etc. diets don't work becuase we (Americans) eat so much processed food. Basically it says, "Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize" or only eat food that will eventually go bad. Meaning fruits, vegs, meats, etc. It said that the low carb, fat free stuff is so processed that it keeps us from losing weight. He even said to eat the cakes, fries, burgers, etc. but you must make it yourself...you're less likely to splurge and have it all the time if you have to make it yourself.

As for me, I am doing ok today. Having eggs in the morning has really made difference. Had a chicken fajita sandwich wrap (the wrap was spinach) with some chicken soup. No snack yet. I have physical therapy at 1:30 where they are going to evaluate me...so we'll see what happens.

Hope you are all doing well!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Maddiesmom, that is so funny that that documentary was on Oprah. I JUST read an article about that about a week ago. It mentioned no eating any foods your grandparents wouldn't recognize, and to make everything from scratch, and it also mentioned high fructose corn syrup and your body not recognizing it as food. I really got scared of high fructose corn syrup at that point and have tried to completely eliminate it from our diet. That article is actually what got me away from eating the cheap processed foods and back to eating fruits, vegetables, and cooking dinners from scratch as I mentioned in my last post. It really does make sense actually, these man-made chemicals we put in our body just can't be good. Oh, and the 5k is tomorrow morning at 8am sharp.

Lindy, all I am doing for exercise these last few weeks is trying to get as much mileage as possible in on the treadmill and as fast as possible since I am doing the 5k. As far as the motivation, aren't you going on a cruise with your tax money? I thought you had planned on doing that. What weight would you like to be at to look smokin in your bikini? For me, I was just thinking about this last night. Since the 5k will be over tomorrow, I asked Don if there is another one we can do in about March so we have something to work towards. My goals are as follows: 280 by tomorrow, 270 by my best friend's wedding where I am bridesmaid on Feb 21st, 260 by the time Don's parents in the middle of march. My goals are kind of lofty, but I am feeling pretty confident since I have basically met my goal for tomorrow. I started Dec 14th at 307, and lost 27 lbs in a month and a half. I am in the same mindset I was in last year at this same time last year shortly after I started losing weight when you and I first met. It must be the time of year or something.

I am at 675 calories for the day and I am going to Outback tonight with my Mom to meet her new bf. I plan on getting my normal house salad, although I may spring for the large house salad depending on how hungry I am. Gotta go to bed early tonight since I have to get up way earlier tomorrow than usual in the morning. Oh and I am definitely going to have to get some new sneakers this weekend because my feet have shrunk drastically recently and my feet are sliding around when I run. Weird, shrinking feet.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 pm

tifftiff - good luck in the race tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! And you are doing sooooo well - that's some amazingly speedy weightloss, chica!

maddiesmom - interesting idea - I've been trying to make sure I eat only 'real' food as part of this whole weight loss thing but sometimes I still hear the siren call of the junk stuff. I'm hoping that goes away over time.

lindy - watered down gatorade is definitely a step in the right direction! But crystal light packets in your purse might be the next step Smile All is good here but crazy busy. I am dogsitting for a friend and am packing in between conf calls today. The good thing is there is not much time to focus on food. I'm doing fine for calories today so far - just need to make sure I eat some fruits and veggies. And I'm not doing an official workout but all of this carrying boxes must count for something, right?

Hope you all are doing well.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm

aj - did you have your call already? How are you doing today?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Aj and Neesy-sorry you are both having a tough time right now. I know you both have offers all around to get away and my door is open too. Or you can always call or text me.

TIFF-its on. I am heading to the gym at 6 and gonna try to beat or match your time doing 3.2 miles.

I'll check in later tonight to catch up with everyone.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum