In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 12 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  Maddiesmom Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 am

Wow! Quiet board!

Ok, so food last night was good as well. I had a turkey burger on an Arnold flatbread with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and cheese. I had roasted veggies as a side item. No dessert, even though I made really cute mini cupcakes for Valentines day.

I did the workout from Mr. Hott, and boy was it tough. 10 sets of each: 10 squats and 25 crunches. Then it was a series of arm exercises and then 6 different types of abdominal crunches (20 each). I'm sore today, but not too bad. I have Day #3 of my 90 days tonight. Ab exercises again, some cardio, and I think I max on push ups. Fun for me!

Here's breakfast today: 2 eggs, 1 sausage link and 1 cup of fruit. Water to drink. I'm planning on a salad for lunch and then a light dinner. Then it's off to the gym. The hubby is going for deep dish pizza tomorrow for a friend's b-day, so I'm home with the baby and can't go to the gym. I find that if I schedule my gym days, I am more likely to go. Guess I have to trick myself. Do any of you do the same?

Have a great day! Hope everyone is ok. Smile
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 am

Okay, girls - don't make me go to FB to track all of you down! Smile Hope you're all busy with something fun at least Wink

Maddiesmom - sounds like you are doing great on food - way to go! Totally agree on scheduling exercise. For me, it's even better if I'm planning something like a walk or hike with someone else - I'm much more likely to go that way. Do you have any friends that like to workout too?

The couple that made the offer on my house accepted my counter offer of a tiny bit below asking price so the old house is now under contract - woohoo! It could still fall through but it's nice progress for now.

My scale is still at the old house but I think I'm making some progress - my pants were definitely feeling loose this morning so it feels good to finally be making some progress on that front again. Once things get less crazy, I'll recommit to the dailyplate.

Burgundy and AJ - I'm planning on a 3 mile walk tonight - you guys in???
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Sandy-glad you got that workout in on Sunday. I know that felt good.

Vicky-you are kicking butt with the gym and your at home workouts. I have been trying to go to the gym 4-5 days a week. Me and my SIL usually plan what days we go so that helps to have it planned out.

Dance-that was quick with the offer on the house. Hope it sells and doesnt fall through. Good luck with that. I got my 3 miles in today.

For those of you with a wii, I recommend Just Dance, its so much fun and a workout. I have no rhythm but who cares. It was just me and the hubby here anyways.

Went to the gym early today and did my 3.2 miles in 48 minutes. I know that is a lot more than usual but I forgot my good shoes and the ones i had were hurting my feet a little. Played basketball with my nephews and gonna dance tonight.

Where is everyone else??
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi ladies!

I will be checking in a lot more often! I am back on fairly good eating grounds and as it is the beginning of lent tomorrow... I am giving up my social networking.

I am not considering this to be one of my networks... more of a positive support structure. So I might be lonely and posting a lot =)

Job is great. I am used to it. I am missing home but I know I was losing my mind on the couch!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 am

WHERE IS EVERYONE???

AJ Glad you aren't leaving us for lent! We would miss you! Glad things are going well at your new job. How long is the assignment?

Burgundy I'm sure I'll be getting a Wii, but I'm probably going to get it for Matt for his birthday (which is in June). Right now we don't have the time to play any games, so hopefully this summer Matt will get into the routine of exercising.

[/b]Dance[b] Did you get your miles in?

Well, last night I made a low-fat chicken quesedilla - low fat cheese, white chicken breast, tomatoes, green onions, salsa and light sour cream. I have also fallen in love with the Green Giant veggies for one. They are 60 calories (depending on the veggie) and they have seasonings or cheese in them. Really low fat options that are super quick.

Then...went to the gym. I left home late and didn't get to the gym until after 8:00. Then I didn't leave the gym until almost 9:30 last night. Lots of cardio, rowing and strength training. That was day #3 of Mr. Hott's 90 day plan and the 4th day in a row that I've worked out. I'm doing day #4 today and then depending on my knees (which are in bad shape) I may take tomorrow off. I figured it out and I burned almost 700 calories last night (according to daily plate). I'm really trying to log everything I eat (even the crappy stuff) to see how I'm doing. I am averaging about 1500 calories a day, not too shabby.

I did break down yesterday, I had a snack sized piece of chocolate in my hand, but then I put it away. Then, out of nowhere, I started eating 1/2 of a carrot muffin. That was 9 grams of fat and soooo not worth it. I gotta fight those stressful eating issues. Work has been blah, and the amount of stress in our department has not been fun.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. LINDY: how is your new diet? TIFF: Your friend's wedding is coming up, right? SANDY: Still sticking with your awesome eating plan?
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:23 am

aj - nice to see you around here! Glad you're in the groove with the job. What's your workout plan this week?

burgundy - good for you on the miles! I got mine in walking - I'm hoping to get running again this week but snow is expected and that usually makes it too slippery for a good run where I am.

maddiesmom - you are being so thoughtful with your meal preparations - I'm very impressed. I'm living a little more hand to mouth these days but am hoping to copy you and start preparing balanced nutritious meals again Smile

I brought yogurt and fruit for breakfast today, am meeting a friend for sushi at lunch and am going to see if I can convince my bf to go for a walk with me before dinner. Might be tricky as it's pretty cold these days. Worth a shot though! Dinner will probably be tortilla crusted tilapia (from the freezer section, not homemade), salad and leftover veggies. My scale is still at the other house but I will probably try to go get it tomorrow - am curious if I'm actually making any progress or if maybe it's just my pants stretching out Wink

lindy, mygrits, tiff - what are you guys up to?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Well, Dance, I guess it's just you and me again!

Went to the mall at lunch, and didn't have any mall food! Of course, the retail therapy I had shopping for Madeline was a lot more fun! Came back to the office and had a salad and a cup of chicken jambalaya soup. (thank goodness we have healthy choices in our company cafeteria). No snacks yet, I'm trying to avoid all fattening snacks. If I get hungry, I only have change, so it would probably be a bag of pretzels.

So, I mentioned about the job thing a few weeks ago. Turns out that there is a position open right now at the company I used to work for. My hubby is a little more cautious about this than I am because we're both employed and getting our footing again on everything. He looks at it as - they have laid you off before, they could do it again. Where I work now, they have never laid off a single person (private company). I told him that the happiness factor is like day and night. So, depending on what they offer me financially, we'll have to weigh our options.

I am speaking with the Director of Office Operations this afternoon to see what's going on. From what I heard from a friend of mine still at the company, the Director was "very happy" to hear from me. So, here's hoping for good news. I don't have my heart set on moving jobs just yet, but it's nice to have options.

Hope everyone is ok.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:39 pm

maddiesmom - good job on lunch! I had edamame and shumai so I'm doing pretty okay so far. And grapes for a snack.

So, a couple of my colleagues that I've seen in the last week or so that I haven't seen for six months or more have made comments about my losing weight. It hasn't made me super happy and I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's been too public and not 'you look *fill in something positive*' but rather 'you've lost a lot of weight' - somehow not super flattering and too much information to say in front of a group of people, some of whom I don't really know. Am I nuts? Do you guys ever have that kind of reaction?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm

You call seem to be doing so well. I am praying desperately for the contract on the house DANCE!

Vicky- You are doing so well!xxxxzzzx (<-- was from my dogs)
I am excited to hear how the option weighing goes and what you decide to do.

I am taking a medicine I prob shouldn't be taking but time is going fast and I have NO appetite. So I eat little bits of this and that and I have been doing well. I feel thinner. I know that sounds stupid but I do! I am back to 157 on the scale. Got all the way back up to 161 so this is a deight.

One problem.... I am drinking two HUGE cups of mt dew every day. Then I get my water by eating 4 giant cups of ice. =) I know the soda is death but its soooooooooo goooooood.

Where is Sandy and rayne? Has tiff been around? What about Neesy since the storm.

=) GOod night ladies!

oh oh oh wait! I forgot to tell you. I pulled some of my last pay check and I am meeting a famous dog trainer (show trainer) who is going to work one on one with my crazy high strung girl. Her aggression is so embarrassing for all involved so I decided to leave my baby boy at home with Davey and take Molly on her own little adventure for training. I think she will love it when the anxiety is gone!!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 am

aj - wow, you sound like you are doing great!! Welcome back to the 50s - can't wait to join you there someday, you skinny minny you! I'm a little concerned on the medication front but if you're happy and all is going well, that's great for now. On the mtn dew front, can you switch to diet? or half diet half regular? just a thought... Keep us posted on how it goes for the doggie at training - I'm curious to hear. Do you watch dog whisperer? Love that show...

The old house has its inspection this morning - curious to hear what the outcome of that is. Am hoping it won't be super expensive. Still no scale but I'm ready to try the next size down in work pants and jeans so definitely making some kind of progress. Hope you all are doing great!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 am

Hey girls. I am off plan 100% right now, super busy trying to get everything for the wedding, working tons. Those are my excuses for not being on here. LOL. Hey at least I'm honest right? I am leaving tonight after work to drive 6 hours to the panhandle for my friends wedding. I actaully brought workout clothes so I can hopefully get in a couple workouts in the hotel fitness center.

Maddiesmom, Burgandy, and Dance: you girls sound like you are doing great!

AJ: Awesome job getting back in the 50s. Isn't the no-appetite thing awesome?

Well, today is my last day of work until Tuesday so I have to get tons done, so I can't write much. May post this weekend if things aren't too hectic.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Dance- I don't really like the way that Ceasar approaches training. I am so much more into posative rienforcement and rewarding good behavior than reacting to bad behavior. I just believe that dogs feel, and they can learn at a 3 yo human child level and learn up to 150 words and understand it. If they are as dumb as he says... how is science providing this info? Lol sorry for the rant! I just love my babies so much. Even my little psycho girl. Goodluck with inspection!

Tiff- I am so sorry that you are so swamped. I love not having to eat until I need it. I love eating to live not living to eat!!! Good luck girl! take care of yourself.

Good day at work. I am happy that it is the end of the week. I am ready to sleep in. I also feel skinny again today and it feels so great! My 13 jeans are really falling off!! =) Maybe they are stretched out but I want to believe it is weight loss. =)
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 am

aj - woohoo for loose jeans!! And yeah, I see what you mean about Cesar but I do like how he often focuses on changing the people (who are causing the problems) not the dogs. What are you guys doing this weekend? Anything fun?

tifftiff - have fun at the wedding! Just try to sneak some fruit and veggies in there when you can Smile

No exciting weekend plans for me - probably just moving some more stuff over from the other house and going out to dinner on Saturday. So I need to live vicariously through you all Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Dance- I really want to go hiking this weekend on camel back mountain. We have lived here too long to not have done it. We are not the hiking type but its what you do here... =)

I just found out that Pulte is closing its AZ offices and everything is in limbo. Its all wispers and such here. I feel so bad for all of these people. I mean I feel bad for me if it happens before my 3 months mark but these people have mortgages and children and this has been their stability for years. OI! My coworker told me quietly that it could be may or it could be tomorrow so we will just have to wait.

BOOOOoooo!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 pm

AJ: So sorry to hear about the company. That's always a horrible thing to experience. I am happy for your weight loss! Great that your pants are getting too big! Smile

Dance To answer your question from before, yes I feel the same way about people noticing my weight loss. Especially around people I don't know. Who knows what those strangers are thinking, ya know? It sometimes makes me feel like I was a big ginormous fatty that finally decided to lose some weight. It's so frustrating. Why can't they say, wow, you look great?

Tiff Glad you are being honest! Smile Hope you can get some workouts in while you are at your friend's wedding. Have fun!

As for me, I am super duper stressed. I spoke with the HR person at my previous company last night and my impression is that the job is mine if I want it. I go over there tomorrow to talk about the job (not to interview...since they were going to hire me as a temp, they are skipping that whole interview process) what I would be doing, and benefits/pay.

I tell you, based on the horrible day I've had, I'm ready to take it in a second! I've been good though, only one bite sized Milky Way to soothe my roaring temper.

Well I am leaving work in 5 min, I'll check in later! Smile
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

maddiesmom - Since we spend more time at work than just about anywhere else, I think it's pretty important to feel good about your work environment. If you would be happier at the old gig and financially it would be about the same, I'd be tempted to go for it. Of course, if that will keep you up nights stressed out in a way that would undo the good of being happier during the day, well, maybe not then. You'll make the right choice! And that's exactly it on the weight loss comments - I feel like it's insulting to my before self, not complimentary to my right-now self - aren't we difficult to please? Wink

aj - hope the job lasts as long as you're in AZ, and yeah, that's really tough on the other people. Hiking sounds great - wish it were going to be warm enough here for that.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on here in 2 days, but work got the best of me. Crazy day shifts (getting up at 4:30am) then switching to a night shift (home at 9:30pm). Anyway, next week it is all night shift. Back to getting home late and trying hard to not to eat.....ugh! I had such a handle on it to working day shift. Oh well.

All of you sound great and I am so a happy for Vickie eating smart, working out like crazy, and still training with Mr. Hott. Wow, your impressive girl!!!!!!!

AJ I am sorry about work, but I have the theory "I was looking for a job when I found this one...LOL". I agree though, I always feel so bad for the loyal employees that have been there for years, with families counting on their income. Keep us posted.

Dance.........WOO HOO! Your old house must be wonderful to have a contract so quick. WOW! I hope all goes through quickly.

Tiff, sorry about the crazy schedule, but I am proud of you 'thinking' of yourself and taking workout clothes with you. You will be fine and do great!!!!

Burgund........miss you, but so glad your still focused and doing well.

Neesy.......hope your having fun....... I love you

Lindy........what the hey?????????? Where are you? How's the diet? What happened on V Day? Miss you Sad

Staccie........Go Canada!!!!!! Wow the games are wonderful and I KNOW you are having a blast!! Thinking about you daily!!

Ok, I am doing good with food, but haven't worked out in 2 days. I am tomorrow though, because I have the day off.......YEAH! My book came to day to, so I am excited to start reading it and get some more tips on healthy eating. I will write more tomorrow since I have time, I wanted to check in on all of you and see your alright, plus say hello. Very Happy

Night for now. I'm pooped.....lol.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:53 am

Hey girls! Happy Friday! At least I sure hope it is - I could use a happy day. Last night was definitely Cranky Thursday for me Wink I'm over it now but I got into a bit of a funk for no really good reasons but they seemed real enough at the time (silly house purchase/sale frustrations mainly). I thought I could handle things without emotional eating these days but apparently not so much - I drowned my sorrows in a big bowl of popcorn that I really didn't need. Oh well - I'll try to get in three miles of walking in the snow today at lunch to make up for it a bit.

mygrits - enjoy your day off! what are you going to do with your free time? And I couldn't agree more about maddiesmom being super impressive Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 am

Awwww Dance sorry about the frustrations, but I think you handled it well with 'just' eating popcorn. When I get like that I attack the kitchen for all the carbs and sugars I can find!! LOL... You have endured a lot the last couple of months, so it would be safe to say you are doing GREAT!

I did write Lindy on FB to make sure she was OK, and she is. She said she is 'just not into the whole thing now'. So, hopefully she will peek in here occasionally.

Today so far I am being lazy, however my plan is to workout, vacuum, load of laundry, read and write some. LOL.............This is me trying to cram everything into one day off! LOL.........Good grief.

I'll check in later.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:11 am

mygrits - a little downtime is a good thing, don't you think? The rest of your day sounds very productive! What's your workout going to be today? Glad you heard from Lindy - I miss her! I hope she'll come back to hang with us even if she isn't in a major diet mood.

Some new furniture arrives within the next few hours so I've been getting my pseudo workout for the day from moving stuff around and vacuuming up all the construction dust. Hope you all are a lot less dusty than I am right now! Wink
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:36 am

Sandy & Dance Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it and it makes me feel good that I am actually back into a routine. I worked out 5 days in a row and took yesterday off. I felt strange not working out (wow...did I just say that?!?) I know I need rest days, so I am considering going to the gym tonight and continuing the 90 day program from Mr. Hott. I do have a training session with him tomorrow at 11, so I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the gym tonight. We'll see.

Dance I love getting new stuff for my house! I know cleaning and moving things is a definite workout. Sorry about the emotional eating last night, but if you picked popcorn rather than a pint of Ben & Jerry...I say you are ahead of the game! LOL

I had my own little emotional eating tirade last night. The hubby offered to get me Chinese (my fav) but I said no since we thawed some chicken. (Small victory to saying no). So, I made some chicken stroganoff, but didn't eat as much as I usually do. I stopped at one plate, used low fat sour cream and tons of extra fresh mushrooms. I didn't log it into the daily plate yet, but I'm afraid to! LOL Smile

I've started on the daily plate again and am finding that I'm eating fewer calories than I thought (or maybe I'm eating less because I'm documenting everything???) I don't know. Anyways, I'm eating about 1300 calories a day, not too shabby. I'm logging in all of my workouts as well and am burning between 400-700 calories doing Mr. Hott's workout. So, I'm hoping the scale will have some good news for me on Sunday. If not, I'm throwing it out the window and buying a new one.

The meeting with my old company is today...should be interesting. I am not sure if I ever told you the background: this was the job I was laid off from (they are a subsiderary of Goldman Sachs). That's why the hubby is worried. If I was laid off once, I could be again. I don't know. I just know that I'm not happy here (the company I work for is great, but the dept, not so much). I told the hubby I was going to see what they would offer, no guarantees. I kinda feel bad about possibly leaving. They reorganized my entire department, and in the process, my boss has no one working for her and she is scrambling to fill the positions. I feel like I'm leaving her high and dry, but my husband says that I care too much, that if I'm not happy, cut ties and leave. It's not the job so much that is bugging me, it's the enviornment. I dunno. Sorry for the tangent/rant.

Have a fabulous Friday! TGIF!!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:45 am

maddiesmom - my quick 2 cents is that you should do what's right for you, just in the same way the company (actually both of them) will do what's right for them. We girls tend to be too willing to sacrifice ourselves/our happiness for organizations that wouldn't do the same for us if you know what I mean. Anyway, whatever you do will be great - but I'm inclined towards your going back to the old place from what you said about both places. Hope it all works out the way you want!!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 am

Dance Thank you for the advice. I know I'm thinking too much about this, I know I should just follow my gut.

Just got back from my meeting and the HR person told me a lot of good things that are happening within the company. Then, as I'm walking to my car, I run into my old boss who I absolutely loved. He is such a nice down to earth guy, who really wants me to get back in the door, as there may be opportunities for me to work with him again in the near future. Plus, there is job that was just recently created at another location that he is hoping to bring to Illinois and he thinks I would be perfect. But, there's a downside.....

The job is exactly what I thought it would be, which is fine, but my goal is to work for my old boss again. The down side is that they are offering me what I was making there over 18 mos ago. I'm making quite a bit more at my current job. After talking with my hubby he's thinking I should counter offer for more money and see what they come back with. What do you guys think? Financially, I cannot survive on the offer they made me, but if they accept my counteroffer, it will be slightly less than what I make now, but I'd be happy.

My hubby is worried that by moving companies again, I would be starting over. The job title at my current job is better sounding than the job at the new place. Plus, I'm due for a raise in a couple of weeks, so depending on what that says, I could be making even more. UGH!! I don't know what to do!!!!

Sorry to be all me-me-me...I'm just so confused and frustrated and I can't talk to my close friends about it because I work with them.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am

Sandy- Thats sounds exactly like my saturdays! Lazy and cleaning.

Dance- Did the house pass inspections? Whats going on?

RE: Lindy- She is fine... she hasn't found a grove yet so she will be back.

Vicky- I too am eating too few cals. I will really work on that this weekend. I hope you find some resolve regaurding the job. Thinking of you!

Food is non existant today. Leaving work to go to dog park! Training!!! Yay. I love outdoor when its 80 =)

Check in later!
AJ
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

aj - so jealous of your warm weather - as you've probably heard from your mom, it's cold and snowy here. the inspection went pretty well so far but they're waiting to hear back on the furnace which would be potentially the only big item if they decide it's too old or on its last legs. So pretty good all things considered.

maddiesmom - that's so tough!! hmmm... from what you've told us, it seems like you've got nothing to lose asking them to match what you're currently making. The worst they can say is no, right?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum