In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 7 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  burgundyrayne Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Tiff- I didnt beat you. I ran 3.2 miles in 48:21. Almost. Gotta do better next time.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:34 pm

The day ended pretty well for me. Went out to dinner with the family to Applebees. Checked their website ahead of time and found some entrees under 550 calories. Had the shrimp diavolo (even tho a burger sounded really good) and a side salad. No other snacks, etc. today.

Physical therapy went well, found out my back is slightly out of alignment which is also causing some issues. She said that if I continued to strengthen my back muscles I would be in good shape. I am now waiting to see if the insurance company will pay for my sessions. Gotta love how insurance companies dictate the care you get.

Have a great night ladies!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Almost forgot...went shopping at Kohls tonight and was able to shop in the Misses section for tops!! No more plus size. Yahoo!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:04 am

Well girls, it's official. I finished my first 5k!!!!! I did it in 48:14 I'm pretty sure. I didn't stick around for the official times because I don't really know how that works, but it will be posted on the website pretty soon. It was kind of funny; one of my exes was there and he beat me miserably. Oh wiell. There was no one larger than me that I saw, so that actually made me feel kinda good that I am this overweight and doing a 5k and finishing ahead of a good number of people. I NEED new shoes though. I have blisters on the bottom of my left foot. I feel so invigorated that me and Don are gonna go ride our bikes now. Hopefully we can do 20 miles. I feel so amazing!!!!

Maddiesmom. That's amazing!!! Shopping in the regular section at Kohl's is something I'd love to acheive! They have so many cute clothes at relatively cheap prices there. Their plus size section sucks though.

Burgandy! OMG! That's so close! I didn't realize we were so close in times!
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 am

burgundy - way to go on your run! just think of all of the calories you blasted away!

maddiesmom - woohoo for shopping in misses! I love kohls, especially when things are on sale.

tifftiff - big giant happy dance for doing so great in the race! You are a stud muffin!! New shoes make a heck of a difference. My advice would be to go to a speciality running store, find out which ones fit you the best (they may even watch you run, etc.) then if you're really worried about price, you can always try to find that model of shoe online for cheaper (I've bought a bunch through ebay).

Doing okay foodwise although I didn't get around to having dinner until too late last night so I had the 'starvings', you know where you still feel hungry after you've had plenty to eat so had a few more snacks than usual Sad Lots more packing and unpacking today, such fun....

AJ - hope you're doing okay, I'll try calling later.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello Chicks..........I have missed you all Sad

I haven't been on here in a few days and wow did the forum wake up!! Idea I love that everyone is active again, even though it's a lot of reading to catch up!! LOL....

Tiff awesome on the 5k!!! Woo Hoo!! You go girl. I am soooo proud of you for that and your weight loss. You are doing so great!

Vicky congrates on the Misses at Kohls. I know that is such a great feeling for you to experience. You should be so proud of yourself. I am! Bye the way, I LOVE Applebee's French Onion Soup........yummy!

Nikki, when I did my taxes I always claimed Head of Household to get the extra $1,000 or more for the kids. The extra money really helped for bills Smile Doesn't this weekend weather just suck! I was going for a walk and it's raining............ugh Evil or Very Mad

Dance so glad to have you back, even though I know you miss Costa Rica. Congrates on your new home!! I know that must be soooo exciting. Hey, maybe AJ will want your other home...LOL......

AJ, sorry about the scam. I too was almost scammed on a job offer until the local news channel had a segment on it. I hope this week is better and just remember you have a lot to offer a company, so you be in charge of who you 'allow' to hire you!

Neesy I hope this week is better for you. Wake up girlfriend your moving soon!! LOL...... affraid

Burgund I miss your emails...... Neutral I wrote you a few days ago........How are you? It sounds like your are doing awesome on your weightloss and workouts!!! I am sooo proud of you!!!!

Ok, I have been working long hours and been MIA for about 3 days..........sorry. Next week I have a great schedule, so I should be more active. My workouts totally suck when I am working, so I haven't done anything all week, except walk at work. My food has also sucked. I don't know what I weigh and Tom is sooo close I don't want to weigh....LOL... Did anyone watch Oprah's Food Inc. show? I am going to dabble into more vegetarian eating, but have fish too and cheese. I wasn't watching the interview with Alicai Silverstone and her book peeked my interest. Anyone know anything? Ok I need to get dressed. I will check in later today.

Love you all cheers
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi ladies. I have replied twice but they didn't post.

I am feeling better. I got a job doing web maintenance for a real estate company and its only a 3 month assignment so its perfect. Its also on the train line so I don't have to drive. Thats SO nice.

I am walking more and trying to get out. My eating has been very unhealthy. I have not been eating much at all if anything. But next week I will push to restart.

Sandy- Nice to have you back.

Tiff- was the run today or tomorrow?? If today... how was it??

Vicky- Thank you for your support. It means a lot.

Rayne- Thank you for the offer. I might be out there next year at thanksgiving actually and I def want to stop in!!

Lindy- Love you

Dance- You are amazing! Thank you for everything. I changed my antidepressant to paxil but have not gotten it yet. I also bought otc sleep aid so that I can try something more subtle and less damaging. Thank you again!

Today I went for a super long walk with the hubs and the dogs. It was nice but molly (girl dog) tried to bite another dog. I need to get her some serious help. We also rode the train to my new work to see how to get there and it was simple so I look forward to work Monday morning.

Happy Sat night every one! I am not doing anything but today was a good busy day!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

mygrits - so nice to see you here! I totally understand about not working out when you have long days on your feet but what's going on food-wise? Is it the evenings still that are the hardest? They definitely are for me - the rest of the day I only eat what I need but at night I get the munchies and want to eat things I definitely don't need.

aj - yay! congrats on the short-term gig - that sounds like a great fit! You are so impressive the way you just head out there and get a job in such a tough economy. Sounds like you are making some very positive changes - keep us posted!

Just got back from the new house - had some friends over for cocktails so they could see it and I was really feeling like I'm in a good place, a big chunk of which is thanks to you guys. A year ago, I would have been 30-some-odd pounds heavier and would have felt bad about myself. It's really nice not to have that dragging me down. Don't get me wrong - I still have lots of work to do but at least the interim isn't so awful. Eating is pretty good so far today although I did have a piece of pizza for lunch (with mushrooms and spinach). Total calories are about right. Tomorrow I have another crazy day of moving and have to catch up on some boring office stuff so it will be a busy day.

Hope you all are doing well and have good news to report tomorrow!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 am

Tiff- I'm soooooooo proud of you!!! Congratulations! That is so amazing. You inspire me=)

AJ-Congrats on the new job! Wow. that was quick! Good idea about doing a pretrip to work.

Grits- I feel a lot better. I'm not as stressed. I'm just gonna go with the flow and take one day at a time. I know everything will work out. I'm awake... still only at night though. haha. My attempts to get back on schedule haven't worked. That's okay though.. nights are the only time i can talk to my husband. He gets out of class and we spend hours on the phone. He sleeps and I watch tv. haha.. Oh. I didn't see that oprah.. let us know how it goes. I miss cheese...mmm

Dance- that's so exciting. yay for the new house. I was thinking today.. how much better I feel from a year ago. it's amazing and couldn't have done it without all of you.

Nikki- Thanks for the offer. I would be there in a second if I could! It's freeeeezing here. It felt like 5 degrees outside. ugh. I can't wait for some warmer weather so I can go jogging outside. I can only last for a few seconds as it is. I run to my car. brrr .

Rayne- great job on your run!!

Maddiesmom- Thats a great idea for you and your daughter. I always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid. I plan on living vicariously through my child .. when i have one. haha

So.. still crazy sleeping hours but it's okay. it's quieter at night. getting ready to clean and do a workout dvd. I saw my dad today. He has lost 180lbs to date. It's crazy to see. We had long talks about where we were and where we are headed. it does feel so much better, especially looking back. I look at old pictures and think.. that was me?! I feel like my self esteem and lifestyle has improved ten fold. Ok.. so i went to breakfast with my dad this yesterday morning and then we went and had a few beers from noon to 4pm! I got a buzz with my dad.. very weird. but that is how we bond. haha.. unhealthy i know. But.. just my dad for ya.

Catch up more later. Love ya guys!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 am

Hello Ladies,

First AJ, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited and just plain happy for you!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The job sounds soooo perfect. See, everything worked out for the best!

Dance you really sound like everything about your life is falling into place....your confidence, health, home, work, and relationship. I too am so happy for you! You deserve that and mucho more Smile

Vicky I saw Oprah's Food Inc. show and it mirrored much of what I have been telling my family for the last six month after buying Jillian Michaels book Master Your Metabolism. It is more a book about the poison in processed foods and how they make you fat and sick. Anyway I really want to see the whole documentary now, so I will either see if my neighbor and download it, or possibly just buy it. I have gotten away from processed foods, meats, etc.. for the most part the last year, however I do slip up from time to time. Now after seeing Oprah's show and reading more about it online, I am trying to do better.

Neesy, yes, one day at a time is all we can do. I am glad you and your husband get to talk at night. It sounds easier than the Boot Camp days.......LOL

Burgund, I miss you on FB. You sound like your doing great though!

Lindy, Gabadoo is gorgeous! I know your proud! How are your foods lately? Are you back on your workouts? Whats the plan? LOL......I know lot's of questions???????

Tiff I am so proud of your accomplishments ;-) I hope Tax Season isn't too bad, so you can stay on course. How is your new home doing? Is all the remodeling done?

Ok, today is a new day for me. As I said above about the documentary Food Inc. I am making my plane today and doing lots of cooking for the week. I really want to eliminate all processed foods, meats, chickens etc. I want to focus on whole grains, veggies, fruits, nuts, and fish. If I eat meats or chicken they will be grass fed.......etc.. I know sounds weird, but after reading about the illness etc.... derived from these foods, I would rather spend the money on food than Doctors.

Dance you asked about Bubba weight loss. He hasn't lost anymore, but this past week got back on healthier eating again, so we will see. He did give up on the restaurant, which I know was very hard for him. He had everything together, but the financial end and he didn't want to finance it, but wanted to get the money together alone.........soooo it didn't pan out and he told his friends to find another buyer. He now is just focused on building our Zoe Business and moving to the mountains, which is a dream we have had for a few years. I personally feel better about this plan, because I would hate him to be owned by a traditional business again. We had planned on moving to Black Mountain a few years back until his father got sick and our Water Business fell apart from the economy. Anyway I'll keep you posted - thanks for asking Smile

I'll check in later.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Maddiesmom-I love being able to look at websites and decide what to eat beforehand. Makes things easier. Did you hear anything about your insurance, are they gonna cover your PT?

Tiff-congrats on the 5k. You are amazing. I ran 3.2 today in 49:16. I didnt get better, I got a little worse, but the shoes I wore today killed my feet. How many miles did you end up biking??

Dance-I seem to get the munchies at night a lot now too but I always make sure I have gum in the house and pop a piece in my mouth. Plus water water water. When you gonna show us this new house?? Since we are buying our house now I have been doing a lot of redecorating.

Sandy-how is the vegetarian thing going?? Sent you a message.

AJ-you are so resilient and just bounce right back. So happy for you. Let us know how you like the new job. It would be so awesome to meet you next Thanksgiving.

Neesy-saw you FB post, lol. Your dad is doing great with his weightloss. We've all come a long way in the past year.
cheers

Did another run, but like I told Tiff, my time was worse. Gotta take better shoes next time. I think I will just walk tomorrow after work. I didnt weigh today. I am trying to stay away from the scale for a week or two. Hopefully I will see a loss when I decide to step back on it. I'll have the boys tomorrow, no school and their big brother but dont really have to babysit a 16 year old.

My house is a mess, there are boxes everywhere, plus an extra table and chairs. Gotta get it out of here on Wednesday after work and get the house back in order. Everyone try to have a great Monday. Love you all. cat
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Hey girls! Hope you're all doing well!

burgundy - good for you for making the gum thing work - my (always skinny) mom has done that for forever and she thinks it really helps. I may give it another shot! I'm curious to hear about what you're working on as far as redecorating - lots of work, isn't it?

[img]Weight Loss Buddies - Page 7 Race_h11[/img] just tried pasting in a picture of the house - not sure if it worked. It's 3 bedrooms and 2 baths so it's bigger than my current 1920s bungalow.

mygrits - sounds like you are headed in a really healthy direction with your new food ideas. I'm sure something will work out for your husband but that must have been a tough decision about the restaurant.

Had a good day here (eating so far - 2 lf string cheese, an orange, apple slices, subway 6", should be plenty of calories left for dinner which will probably be rotisserie chicken and sauteed spinach) - lots more moving, etc. and a nice walk in the park with a friend. Still holding steady at 170 which is a bummer but I'll see if I can move the dial a bit this week. Fingers crossed!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Dance-that is such a cute little house. Love it. I am just doing the decorating part of it right now. Gonna get new carpet soon. We have ugly green right now. Bought a new dining room table yesterday. I want new furniture but just gonna buy a little bit at a time so we dont go broke, lol.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Rayne- Thanks. I look forward to it!

Dance- OMG DREAM HOUSE!! Seriously!!! I love it. That is the house of my dreams. There is one right on university that looks similar to this that I just adore!! **JEALOUS!**

TOmorrow is work. I have a good lunch packed:

Salad, veggie soup made with V8, almonds, tomatoes and sugar free candies. =)

Last edited by ajowens on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Dance your house is gorgeous, adorable and if it were in Deland, Fl, I would buy it! That is exactly the type of tudor home I love. It actually resembles my sister's home in Lexington, Kentucky. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to inside photo's too!

Your right about Bubba's restaurant decision, it was difficult. I know we will work through it though and something amazing will happen this year. Very Happy He is an awesome husband.

Well, I watched Food Inc. I rented from Amazon for 3 days for $2.99. To say it was shocking is an understatement. I will never look at food the same again. Tiff didn't you see it? I swear the next time I walk in a grocery I will shop differently. It covers the food we eat, corporations, farmers and our government. Anway, enough said. Shocked

Today I ate good. Lots of veggies, soup, some pasta and rice ice cream bar for desert. Those bars are soooooooo good. Laughing

Well, I am envious of your girls and all your running! Wow, I need to get busy moving my feet more. LOL.......

Nite.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 pm

Yikes - just had a run-in with a box of life cereal! Okay, I'm putting down the box and am going to take a bubble bath.

Thanks for the comments on the house! Smile I'll try to post some inside pix once I have the walls the right colors. The landscaping especially in the back needs major major work so I'm looking forward to lots of good exercise working on it this summer.

AJ - I'm looking forward to having you so close by this summer - Wash Park sounds so close to your parent's - aren't they by DU? Your lunch sounds super healthy.

mygrits - I'll have to try those bars - sounds yummy. And I'll put the movie on our netflix list - thanks for the info.

burgundy - gradually is such a good way to do it. Not sure of your taste and stuff, but if they have a Cost Plus near you, they have solid wood furniture at better prices than I tend to see in other places.

G'night, girls!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:06 am

Good morning Gals!!

Sandy- I rented that but ended up not watching it. I decided I didn't want to know. I had it for weeks before sending it back with out even breaking the seal. lol. I like to be blind!

Dance- I can't wait to be home too! I will have to tell you more about it but we go to this private house in the summer and lay by the pool... its so nice. Its where I got married. You will have to join me one day. My parents are on harvard and columbine. So we are on the west side of evans on the college side =) I LOVE WASH PARK =)

Well, I am ready for work and hour too early. I feel like I closed my eyes last night and my alarm went off 2 minutes later. Hate that feeling. I think I am just all nerves after last weeks horror show that I want this to be perfect.

Here is my plan for the day food wise:
Breakfast- Protein shake & coffee
Snack- Almonds and coffee
Lunch- Veggie soup I made with V8 and a large salad
Snack- Tomatoes and string cheese
Dinner- Leftover roast with soup.

I plan on hating this soup by the end of the week. I made so much of it. lol.

Have a great day. I will check in this evening!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 am

AJ your meals sound wonderful. I hope today is just awesome and you love your new job. I understand your not watching the Food Inc. movie, I hesitated too not knowing how 'bad' it might be. I finally decided I needed to know and I would zoom by any difficult parts. There were only a couple of parts that are hard and they are brief when showing.

Apologies for the typo's in my posts yesterday. I never re-read them and happen to go back and realize I made some major boo boo's. Razz

Dance I love those bars and am going to buy a few at work today, along with some Almond Butter and Salmon.

Staccie, how are you? I am excited about the Olympics starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, its a work day, and I need to get ready. Won't be back until late tonight, and tomorrow is a really long day, so I may not be on until Wednesday Night.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I missed out on everything this weekend...I was so super busy!! Shopping, gymnastics, more shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc. etc.

Dance LOVE THE HOUSE!! It's so cute. Can I move in too? I can help paint! Very Happy

AJ: Enjoy your first day of work, you'll be great!

Well, no loss this week, but no gain either. I think I'm going to take a break from the scale for a couple of weeks, especially since I'm just starting to get back into my workout routine after the past 12 weeks of back pain. My back is doing better, but not 100%. I've been doing my Physical therapy exercises and my back has been sore the past few days. guess I don't use my back muscles that often!

I'm totally ravenous today, don't know what my problem is. I've been up since 6 and I've already had oatmeal, a banana, a 1/2 cup of nuts, a sweet and salty bar, and I'm eyeing my apple. I think TOM is coming with a vengence. Uh oh. Another reason to stay away from the scale for a few weeks.

Have a great day ladies!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 am

Wow I have a ton to catch up on since Saturday!!

Well to start out, I am starting to see a pattern, but I am not sure how to break it. Every weekend for the past 3 weekends, I have pigged out and had to cut way down on calories on Monday to make up for it. It's kinda like unintentional calorie cycling. I did the 5k Saturday, never got around to the bike ride and took a nap instead. We were supposed to go bowling with some friends Saturday night, but one of them said she was too tired to bowl and we went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner instead. Well by that time I was ravenous and made bad choices. Don ordered some cheese fries (my ultimate weakness) and I had some. Then, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries. Man was it delicious. But I have no idea how many calories. Then, yesterday afternoon I had a serious junkfood craving while we were at the gas station and got a snickers (king size) and some cheddar and sour-cream chips...yummm. Was I done then? Nope! We went for a 16 mile bikeride on Sanibel Island which is like an hour from where I live and is beautiful and had bike paths all over the island. Stopped at another gas station for drinks and they had this coupon for a free bag of doritos if you buy two pepsi products. So of course we got it and split it! Then, we wanted dinner. I ended up having cheese fries (AGAIN!) a slice of pizza, and like 4 of the most amazing garlic rolls on the face of the earth. I was STUFFED. I said I never want to eat again. So what did I do? I ate two brownies this morning that a horrible coworker brought in.UGH. I'm done. I swear. I am drinking tons of water today and just going to try to stay really low on calories the rest of the day. I know I exercised tons this weekend, but I just don't think it even began to balance that enormous amount of calories.

Dancer...I loooooooooooove your house. We don't have houses with character like that around here. It is adorable! I love the landscaping in the front too...it just looks so homey and perfect.

Sandy, glad you're back! I really want to watch that documentary now. I just read an article that summarized what's in the movie. I want to see all the gory details. It may be the only thing that will break me of my cheese fry habit.

Burgandy...you're kicking butt in the mileage. I am going to get back to the gym tonight and work on my arms and then hopefully do 3.2 again tonight. I can't remember if I told you girls, but me and Don are going to do the Breast Cancer 5k in 6 weeks, and I have set my goal at 40 minutes to complete.

I did find out some kinda good news. My official 5k time was 48:18, and I was 10th in my age class out of 15. I wasn't last place in women my age! I see that as a huge accomplishment.

AJ, That's amazing that you found another job that quick in this economy! Good luck on your first day! Sounds like a great plan for food today.

Maddiesmom, glad your doing better on the pain front! I plan on staying away from the scale for at least a few days too because of my majormeltdown this weekend.

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

tifftiff - you've been working way too hard with great results to let yourself go off plan so I'm glad you're back in the groove. I heard you mention a couple of times that you got too hungry waiting for meals and then tended to eat more than you planned. Sounds like you might need some more healthy snacks between meals to keep you going - can you put some nuts or dried fruit in your purse for emergencies? or some protein bars in your bike bag? My personal go-to is roasted salted soy nuts - if I eat a handful of those, it helps me resist the doritos, etc because it gives me a salty crunchy fix. Congrats again on the race results - we're sooooo proud of you!

maddiesmom - good idea on avoiding the scale for a bit and good luck with the workouts this week.

aj - I'm thinking of you starting your new job - hope everything goes wonderfully! Come tell us all about it when you get a chance!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 am

Oh my goodness, I feel so behind for not checking in over the weekend. Question...now that you girls participate in this forum, do any of you still go back to the old one? Just curious to know. I havent been on 3FC since this one was created, not even to peak.

Maddiesmom- wow, you have had some incredibly awesome breakthroughts with weight loss, the trainer, your back getting better (slowly but surely, lol) and now the misses section at Kohls, what-what, haha...you go girl. You and Mgrits have me intrigued by this Oprah article, Im going to have to check it out.

Tiff- CONGRATULATIONS on your 5K, I am so proud of you. BTW-the pics of you and Don on that day look adorable, you guys are so cute. I like your goals and yes, you are right, I need to reevaluate mine. No, the cruise is a no go because I really have no one else on board, lol...but, I do have some friends asking me to come to West Palm Beach at the end of March so maybe I will make that my new goal and I hope to accomplish a goal of 150 by then, so there ya go...ty, I just set myself a new goal. 150 by the end of March, I can do this. And 130 by June, I am actually going to take my tax return money and buy a new swimsuit and make that my "goal outfit", lol. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INCOURAGEMENT.

Dance - OMG, I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE your house, it is so quaint and cute, just beautiful. You sound so on track, I really need to just follow your pattern and yes, you are 100% correct, Crystal Light packets in my purse are much better. I am going to do that as soon as I get home, although, I am trying everything in my power to just go back to water but that is definately a good back up plan. So how is the moving going anyways? I hate packing and unpacking, lol...I said if I ever have to move again (which Im sure I will in time) I will hire someone to do EVERYTHING for me, even if it puts me in the hole, lol...I know...lazy but there is nothing I dislike more. And I make the worst friend too because if I hear a friend is moving Ill volunteer to make a meal, watch the kids, etc, just not help with packing or unpacking, haha...thank god Im not there, I would be of no use to you.

Mygrits- yea, I read a blurb from Alicea Silverstones book and the premise of her book goes hand in hand with Jillians. I wish I could eat more "clean" but I just really dont have it in me. If I was a celebrity and could pay someone to do all my shopping and cooking, sure, no problem, lol...not so much on where I am now. Hmmm...my plan you ask....well, Im doing ok with eating, scrap that, Im doing less than ok with eating but am trying to make February 1st a new day, exercise...I still get my 2 miles in everyday but I dropped my gym membership but I also picked up a new DVD with the exercise ball and will be trying that out for the first time today, fingers cross it goes well.

AJ - I LOVE YOU TOO!!! (Ok, so I know the rest of you think me and AJ are crazy but we talk on a daily basis as best friends so its kinda weird talking again in the forum, haha) Good food plan today girly, looking forward to hearing about your first day later tonight.

Neesy- what is the weather like in Korea? When do you start packing for your move? OH and thats amazing that your dad is down 180, OMG...I remember him going in for surgery, time flies. This is going to sound kinda silly but do you ever wish you could have gotten the surgery? I wish all the time that I had been heavier, just to "qualify" to get the surgery, I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous but I know people who have gotten it done and its not as much of a struggle for them with food as it is me, I mean...they had to go through a lot of pain and emotional challenges but I guess you never know (is the grass always greener on the other side? lol)

Burgundy- you are a running fool (in a good way, lol) these days! You know what shoes I LOVE...New Balance, out of all the special shoes I have tried and dished out mucho money for, my favorite pair are a pair I bought from BJs on sale, lol.

Ok, not too much to report. I got a new start on the day and am doing well food wise, when I get home I am going to do a 2 mile walk (in addition to my walk this morning) and do my exercise routine. Im not doing this everyday, it just so happens that my cousin felt like walking so I take advantage of it when I can. Ill catch up later.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey girls,
Hope you all are having a good day.

Staccie - we miss you! Hope you have a chance to come up for air and check in soon! I bet that uniform's just falling off you by now Smile

lindy - Those sound like some great goals! My selfish motivation has to do with seeing friends from graduate school that I haven't seen for years in May but I agree it's much harder if you don't have a specific event or something to shoot for. It sounds like you are definitely back in the game! Smile And you're giving me too much credit, I'm not actually accomplishing anything yet and have been hovering at almost the same weight for what seems like ages. This will be my month though! By the end of February, I plan to have lost a pound a week. That should be doable, right?

I'm running house related errands on the way home and am planning on a healthy dinner. Am hoping to fit in a run at lunch tomorrow - anyone up for a 3 mile challenge? Smile Will check in later...
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:38 pm

AJ-let us know how work went. Good plan with making lots of soup.

Sandy-might have to check out Food Inc, but like AJ, not sure that I want to.

Dance-a bubble bath sounds a lot better than the box of cereal. There isnt a Cost Plus around here,I'll look online to see if there is one within driving distance.

Vicky-I'm gonna stay away from the scale for a while. I was getting too obsessed. Hopefully when I get back on it it will say 199.

Tiff-Dance is right, try to keep some healthy snacks to have when you are hungry and cant have a meal so when you do have a meal you dont go overboard. 40 minutes, ok, I will try to get there too.

Lindy-I checked in 3fc once but no one is actually posting anymore, not even all the new ppl. I've never tried NB, I always go with Adidas. I usually never have a problem with them and love them but this pair is killing me. I hate Nike, I have wide feet and they just dont fit me right. I have a pair of reebok I havent tried so may try those first.

I skipped the gym today, didnt sleep much last night and then the 3 year old tried to get up before 6 AM but there was no way. I have a bunch of errands to do tomorrow and will have the 3 year old again. Want to get to the gym tomorrow night. Dance I will do the 3 miles with you. My husband made chili tonight for dinner and I only had a half a bowl. Want to see a loss so since it wasnt turkey chili I only had a little bit.

Staccie-we miss you, hope you are having fun.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Sandy- Thanks! How was your workday? And I just can't watch that stuff.

Vicky- My scale is stuck too. I am with you. I have never done it but I will as of today... I am going to hide my scale until valentines day! I am sick of watching and watching!! I hope that as workouts come back you will rock us on this challenge.

Tiff- I have the same bad cycle. I did okay this weekend but not great. The last couple weeks I have done the same as you. Sushi, mcdonals, taco bell, boooo! I am sure your body needs the cals though because of the run and big bike ride. I have no excuse! And I am surprised I found something this fast too! I had 3 jobs last week. Well three if you count this one. A scam, one that didn't pay enough and this one. LOL.

Lindy-I haven't checked out the old forum but I still get on 3fc south beach. PS... I want to talk tonight but I am going to dinner with Davey. I will text you.

Dance- I will match you 3 tomorrow! Not tonight though... not enough sleep. =)

Rayne- I was up and down all night too! I am so sorry. I feel your pain right now!

Well... the job is the most horribly monotonous mundane job but it is a JOB none the less! My eyes hurt from staring at the comp screen for so long but that what my degree is in so they were pleasantly shocked when I doubled the main girls daily quota. Lol. Its SO BORING THOUGH!! I will have to check in ever once in a while so that I don't lose my mind.

I did great with food today but I am messing it up this evening. I am going to dinner with Davey. I am so excited. I too the train today and walked form the train to work. I am sore from a busy weekend so it felt good to move!

Lots of love and kisses!!
AJ
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum