In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 11 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  ajowens Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Tiff- I LOVE that about you! I love animals too! Way more than people. All animals. I think it is cute that you love them so much you tear up! LOL. I could never throw away a funnel cake!

Lindy Lady- I am glad you are not hungry Wink I need to try some kind of diet. My soda and captain crunch diet is not working out so well but with TOM here... I am lucky I am not eating every thing I see. haha.

Dance- Sometimes moving is a better work out than workouts. I know first hand having done it 100 times in the last year with at least 2 more coming this year. BOOOO. It is hard work and you can really work up a sweat.

Love you girls. I just wanted to stop in and say hi!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:51 am

Hey girls, just checkin in real quick.. my internet connection sucks. We're still in maryland. The army wouldn't let him leave yesterday when they said they would. He was suppose to get out at noon but it ended up being 5pm, ofcourse when the snow hit baltimore. So.. we made it about an hour. We're in Frederick MD.. so didn't get too far. Couldn't leave today either. I have pics on facebook. Hopefully the snow will start to let up and we can get home tomorrow. But I'm HAPPY cuz atleast we are together now. I'm worried about my dogs though. I left them locked up in my bathroom at home and apparently the streets are still bad there too so i have no one to check on them. =( Oh.. and needless to say.. the diet is out the window. Vending machine diet now!!

I'll catch up once I make it home. Thanks guys. Love you all!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 am

Neesy I saw your pics on FB. OMG! Good luck driving home...be careful!! We got hit with a ton of snow here in Chicago, so hopefully your drive will go ok. Let us know when you're home safe and sound.

Dance We don't feel neglected, we know you are under a ton of stress getting your houses in order. Good luck getting your old one sold!

Tiff Congrats on saying no to the entire funnel cake! I don't think I could have done that! At Great America by me they have a TO DIE FOR funnel cake sundae that is so freaking good!

AJ How is work going??? Staying on plan?

Lindy How was your first phase of your diet? It sounds interesting. I remember my trainer telling me about eating based on your blood type, etc. I expect it's very similar. Let us know how it's going.

So, I've been buried under snow for 2 days now. I had to dig out my 3-car long driveway yesterday afternoon with my bronchitis and bad back. (When the weather is bad, the hubby stays at my MIL's house, since it's closer to his work...7 miles vs. 27). So, then I couldn't sleep last night and I had to get up at 5 a.m. to shovel myself out again. I got 1/3 of the way down the driveway and my neighbor came and helped me with the rest. Nothing like a good morning workout, right? So, now my back is killing me, I still feel like crap, and I'm exhausted. Luckily Matt is coming home tonight, so that makes me feel a little better.

Doing well foodwise: 2 eggs and fruit for breakfast and a salad with spicy chicken and warm veggies...no dressing.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 am

Hi ladies.

Neesy- I am thinking of you today! I hope that you are able to get out. I am not sure what you grew up in but sometimes if you drive slow and stay alert you will find that people over react. I am a queen snow driver but I still hate it. lol.

Work is fine. I am in a routine and I am doing well. I have found easier ways to do things since starting so that its not as tedious.

My food on the other hand?? Not so hot. I have gone back to dailyplate for now so that atleast I know I am eating ENOUGH calories.

I will go to walmart & sunflower market as soon as I see a paycheck to buy those veggies I am missing in my diet. I am eating a lot of fruit and cereal. LOL.

Lindy--- How's that meat?? =)

Kisses and hopes of good days for you!
AJ
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm

I have a headache form hell. Lindy sent it to me. Lol. SHe had it last night.

I hate our new phone service with at&t and Davey isn't home until 7:30 for us to go return them. I am guessing that we will have to get new numbers now. UGH! stressed!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Ladies

AJ I hope your headache is better, and your on your way home.....safely. AT & T is REAL popular here and evidently the service is great. We have Verizon and have been pleased with it, except paying too much. We just got the bill reduced monthly which will help. How was your food today? It's hard with TOM hovering...:-)

Lindy your plan also reminds of the book I saw Eating for your Blood Type. I remember when it was popular years back. There is a girl at work reading it now. Let us know how it goes! Did you decided about V-Day?

Dance thanks for the congratulations. It sounds like you a very busy, but in a 'fun' kind of way. New homes and decorating can really be an adventure and a work out! Send us some pic's when you can. How's the BF?

Neesy, wow and more wow. I hope you don't make it home to a doggy nightmare! LOL.......I don't think my German Sheplhard would do well more than a couple of hours in the bathroom. He would take the door down......LOL......seriously! Please be safe and let us know when you get home. I am thrilled that you are now with your hubby. Hugs and kisses! LOL............

Tiff, girl you deserve a massive KUDO's for the funnel cake toss!!!!!!!!!!!!! There ain't NO WAY I could have done that! LOLOLOL......I would have eaten the whole thing in a matter of minutes. I just can't do sugar LOL..... I am so proud of you. Incidently my foods only consists of fresh organic vegetables which I get most at Wal-Mart. Very reasonably priced there. Organic only. I also eat fresh organic fruits (blueberries, strawberries, apples, etc..) The berries I buy in the frozen section until the fresh ones come in. I also eat whole grains at each meal. Whole grain waffles, Ezekial Bread (freezer section), pasta, etc... Whole grains fill you up and have more fiber in them. I mix and match at my meals, and don't eat any sugary foods, just dark chocolate which keeps my sweet tooth away. I don't eat any whites (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar). I also do enjoy tuna, salmon, and other fish. Lastly I do enjoy Organic Milk & Yogurts, walnuts and almonds. Today I had:

Waffles for breakfast with blueberries
Tuna Sandwhich for lunch with Ezekial bread & yogurt with almonds in it.
Dinner I had a huge salad with tomatoes, sunflowers seeds, garbanzo beans, dried cranberries, green onions and whole grain pasta twirls. The dressing was Braggs Ginger & Sesame dressings.
My snack tonight was some dark chocolate.

Vicky I am so sorry your not feeling well. I hope today was better. It was probably best you didn't make it to the gym because sweating & bronchitus don't do well together.

Burgund how are you? I miss chattingn with you.

Today was good and Lindy my job is doing well. I am just getting tired of the same routine and my feet hurting. I really want to work out and it is really a bummer not to be able to. I keep wondering if I should return to an office. I don't know. I'll think on it some more.

Need to go for now, early 5am in the morning and Bubba is snoring like crazy in front of my. How the hell does he do that???????????? affraid

xoxoxoxo
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Tiff-I'm gonna get my miles in tomorrow. Last time I didnt time myself. My knee wasnt feeling the best so I just took my time. I told myself I was gonna walk the whole time, but running is addicting. I never thought I would be saying that I like to run. Funnel cake, yum dont know if I would have the willpower to throw it out.

Vicky-I wish I could get my eyebrows done at my gym. That would make me go too. Did you make it out with all the snow?

Neesy-are you still in MD? At least you are with your hubby. Hope your dogs do ok in the bathroom. Mine would just sleep the whole time.

Nikki-have you lost any on your new diet yet? How is it going?

Dance-how is the move? I bet you will hold steady this weekend. I'm still staying away from the scale.

AJ-glad you found your groove at work so its not so boring. I have verizon too and am very happy with them.

Sandy-if I can get FB to not be an ass I will send you a message. I want to find some Ezekial bread. I have never had it.

Today was chris' birthday, we went out for lunch. I had tenderloin tips and a baked potato. Not the best choice but I didnt eat it all. Came home and had cake. I posted a pic of the cake I made on FB. Then I made him taco salad for dinner. So eating today wasnt the best. I will have to do better tomorrow and get to the gym.

I bought Jillians No more trouble zones yesterday but havent tried it yet. I only have to work for a couple hours tomorrow so maybe I will try it after that.

Staccie-are you getting any sleep these days. I miss you.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 am

I am siiiiiiick. Just a really bad head cold or sinus infection. Not sure a which. But I'm a big baby when it comes to being sick especially with runny/stuffed nose. So I am not happy. I don't even have an appetiite, but I sure want to eat. It's like a comfort thing I think. Yesterday I ate two bags of bugles, a king size twix, and half a box of hamburger helper. Hows that for healthy nutritious food? I left work early yesterday but I had to come in today because I have no more sick time left and I don't want to eat away at my vacation time. All I have ate today is two shortbread cookies. I have a banana sitting right hear but I'm rebelling and don't want to eat anything healthy. I literally have no appetite, but yet I want to eat junk. How screwed up is that.

Staccie, if you read this, I saw a commmercial for the olympics last night and thought of you!!! Hope you are doing well and looking hot in your uniform!

Mygrits, thanks for writing that. I think I will definitely look into the ezekial bread you and lindy are raving about. I found some Arnold whole wheat bread thats quite delish, but I know it's supposed to say whole grains. We also got some whole grain loaves from costco (they actually have alot of organic healthy foods, if you didn't know) but I haven't tried it yet.

AJ, that's sad you don't like AT&T. Didn't you get iphones? I have Sprint and I love it, but they don't have any good phones.

Burgandy, I STILL haven't been to the gym. Glass is out of the foot, but now I have this stupid cold. I am like 8 days from the wedding and still holding steady at 280 on the nose. UGH. No way am I going to make it to 270.

Neesy, good luck getting home!!!! I'm glad you and your hubby are together though finally!

Lindy, that diet sounds amazing! How is day 4 going?
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 am

Tiff: Sorry you caught my cold. This bronchitis is killing me. I literally have no energy. I still have to take a steriod for the allergic reaction, which is probably the only thing that is keeping me going. I too am avoiding the good stuff today and I'm eating crap. It's 3 people's birthdays, so I had 1/2 a cinnamon roll, 1 small piece of 2 different kinds of coffee cake. I did have 2 eggs to get some protein and had some fruit. I'm loading up on vitamin C so I had an o.j. as well. Hope your cold leaves sooner than mine has. My office is in a coughing frenzy. Can't call in sick either, have way too much to do and the boss is out tomorrow, so I am coordinating a lot of stuff for her tomorrow.

Neesy is it home sweet home yet? You poor thing having to drive through all that snow. I'm sure you will agree that your hubby is worth it though! Smile

Burgundy I did see your cake on FB and it was too cute! Great job! Hope you had a great day celebrating together. DId you get your time in? What is the new Jillian's DVD like?

Sandy: Can you come to my house and start cooking for me? Your food is always sounding so good. I need new recipes. I'm getting tired of the same old thing, which is probably why I'm eating snack sized chocolates.

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be 214 by 2/14. I weighed myself this morning (which I said I wouldn't do), but it hasn't changed. I've been so good this week (up until today). Then I realized it was because of the steriods I'm on. They make you retain water and make you super hungry, so I'm hoping the water weight will be gone by Sunday. My last dose of it is today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed instead of using them to feed my face! LOL I'm still going to physical therapy tonight, I have a training appt on Saturday with Mr. Hott, and gymnastics with Madeline, which is basically 45 minutes of strength training! Smile

What is everyone else doing this weekend for Valentine's Day? Have a great day ladies!!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:20 am

neesy - hope you're doing okay with the driving - I keep thinking about you guys and hoping the dog is okay!

tifftiff - such a bummer you're sick - I'm sorry you have to deal with that. But no matter how sick you are, you've been working WAY WAY TOO HARD to blow it with a bunch of junk food. Make sure you're getting plenty to drink (not sugar sodas!) as it's easy to get dehydrated and even more tired when you have a cold. Come back and tell us about how you turned the day around food-wise! If not, lindy might get all jillian on you Wink

burgundy - sounds like you gave your hubby a very nice birthday - what a sweetie you are! Sorry your knee is bugging you - that's such a pain. No miles for me today - just lots of carrying boxes at lunch time and after work. Am looking forward to running this weekend though! I'll bug you guys for some mileage buddies then, for sure.

mygrits - love love love your food choices these days! You are doing so well - and it will really make a difference in your long-term health to be eating like this.

Move is going okay - new house has had the rooms painted that needed it and I have some guys putting up wallboard in the storage part of the basement and that's going well. The old house gets listed tomorrow and showing start on saturday so I just need to push a bit more to get some last details sorted (shampoo carpets, touch up a bit more paint, put out flowers) and move over some more stuff (I have way too much stuff, it turns out!) and I'm good. Good but exhausted! Eating is okay but not to die for - I've been sticking to AJ's suggestion from a while back and have had eggs for breakfast almost every day. Lunch today will be leftover chicken panang with veggies over brown rice and dinner will be rotisserie chicken, fruit and sauteed spinach.

Last edited by dancerindenver on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm

UGH- Im so irritated, I posted this big gigunta post earlier addressing everyone individually and I dont see it here. Im throwing in the towel for the day girls, sorry...I dont feel like repeating my post. Ill catch up tomorrow.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Tiff-hope you feel better soon. Grab some fruit and get rid of the junk.

Vicky-feel better soon too!!! You are amazing with being sick and still working out and working. When I am sick, I just wanna lay on the couch.

Dance-I'll be ready for the miles this weekend. Havent been to the gym since Monday but I have been working out.

Nikki-I hate when that happens, I always give up afterwards too.

I tried the new DVD, Jillian kicked my ass as usual. Its a 5 minute warmup, 40 minutes of circuit training and 5 minute cooldown. I didnt make it through the whole thing but it has a lot of the same moves as 30ds plus a lot more. It recommends starting out doing as much as you can and build up to doing the whole workout 5 days a week. I will get there. I also worked out at the boys house today on the ab lounger and a weight machine and went sledding with one of the boys. That is a lot of work, sled down, walk up, sled down, walk up.......................but I didnt have snow pants only jeans so my arse got cold after about a half hour. Eating was pretty good today. B-2 slices of toast, one with ff cream cheese and one with peanut butter. L-lean cuisine mac n cheese. D-bean soup. Snack-smart ones ice cream.

Happy Friday to you all. Love!!!
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:43 pm

burgundy and aj - are we on for 3 miles tomorrow? I need the motivation!

Doing okay food-wise but have a nasty headache - maybe I caught aj's? Smile Am thinking I will leave work early - just need to buckle down and be super productive for another hour.

Hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok, so yesterday ended up being a good day diet wise. Thanks to all of your to the point suggestions, I tamed the beast and actually ended up below my calories for the day. It must have made up for the day before because I saw the lowest weight yet on the scale. 278.0 even. Today has also been really good. So far: B-Milk, oatmeal, fruit smoothie L: Homemade garlic bread, trail mix, banana D: to be decided, but I have 500 calories left.

Everyone is super quiet today! You girls better be doing good and not hiding because you are off plan!

Burgandy, that video sounds like a crazy hard workout! Godd luck getting up to the full time.

Dancer, OMG your food from yesterday sounded amazingly appetizing. I just need to branch out and try different ethnicities foods. When I do try foods from other cultures, they seem to be the high fat, bad for you foods.

Maddiesmom, I'm sending good thoughts your way for 214 by 2/14!!! That has such a nice ring to it it would be sad if you didn't! That is unless you do 213 by 2/14 ;-)

AJ, did you get paid yet so you can buy some fruits and veggies? Keep in mind, bananas are SUPER cheap. They are my main fruit that I eat.

Well, talk to you girls later. I don't usually post much on the weekends because I'm so busy, but I'm sure you will all come alive this weekend! LOL. Oh and everyone better weigh in this Sunday! Most of us haven't been the last few Sundays.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm

tifftiff- woohoo for the great turnaround and huge congrats on the continued losses! WTG! So, my favorite trick for making ethnic food a little healthier is getting these great brown rice bowls (just rice and water - nothing else) in little microwaveable containers from costco - the next time you go, look for a white cardboard box probably 18" long filled with six brown rice bowls - very healthy and filling when combined with stir-fries, turkey chili, chicken and veggies, etc. Hope they have them at your store! I wasn't such a fan of brown rice initially but have learned to like it even better than white over time. Plus when you have lots of spicy stuff on top of it, you don't even notice. So that may be a good way to get used to it Smile

Staccie - I know this is crunch time for you - just wanted you to know that we're all looking forward to your being back! Lots of luck!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am

Wow, where is everyone??? You'd think you all had lives or something. tongue hahahaha
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I missed the last two days......work, work, work, and just laziness with typing on here. All of you sound like your doing great!

Tiff sorry your getting a cold, is it any better today? I am proud of you staying on course with your weight, because I am a big baby too when sick and tend to eat more trying to make myself feel better.

Vicky I hate steriods and know you will feel better when your off of them. How is your back? I too am so proud of your weightloss. What an inspiration you are!! I remember taking Alina and Bruce to gymnastics when they were little. I loved sitting there watching them to different acrobatics........fun memories Very Happy

AJ how is work going? I know your loving the weekend!!!

Burgund you are such a sweet, caring wife and your husband is one lucky dude! How old is he now? I tell you what I would have finished off the steak, potatoe and cake! LOL........you go girl!!!!

Neesy how were the dogs when you got home? Did they get out of the bathroom?

Thank you all for the kind compliments with my food and cooking. I wish I could hire someone to cook healthy for me........How awesome would that be!!!!!!!!!!?????? LOL...Ok, work is work and I am starting to get the 'ho hum' attitude........grrrr. My brain is bored I think and I am not being challenged anymore. I need to work through this or start looking elsewhere. I have tomorrow off when I am really looking forward to. My food is still good. Making whole grain rice right now and field peas. Oh I have a new craving........Coconut Water.........yummm, dang it's good and good for you. Of course it isn't Cocunt Milk in the can with all the added sugar and crap, but the water is delicous. Something different instead of just water and water & Zoe each day! LOL...............

I will write more tomorrow when I am finally home. Miss you all!
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey girls. Thanks for thinking of us=) As most of you saw on FB, we made it home on thursday night. My dogs didn't get out of the bathroom. I had my dad check on them on wednesday and thursday morning. They didn't even pee or poo in the bathroom. They held it... awww. We're all doing well now. I've been off diet this entire week. I'm gonna start over on monday. I haven't even weighed myself this week. I will do first thing monday morning and start going to the gym more and staying on diet. You probably wont see me much on here this month as I'm gonna be spending most my time with my husband. His report date is March 4th. So he will probaby leave in like 2 weeks=( .. I still have no idea when I'll be able to go.

grits- enjoy your day off. coconut water? hmm i'll have to try it. it sounds really good.

tiff- yay for getting to your lowest weight!!!! That is awesome. I remember I use to get stuck at like 216 everytime I lost weight in the past. When i got past that I was so excited. Now I feel like i'm stuck again.. though I haven't been trying like i use to. so its my own fault. You are doing so great. You have come a long way girl. I'm so proud!

vicky- have fun with mr.hott!!! what a great way to work out.. with some eye candy. haha

Rayne-Good luck with the jillian dvd! I may have to do 30ds again.. it felt like it worked and i can do it at home insteady of trucking through the snow which i'm sooooo sick of!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Dance- I did 3.63 miles tonight in an hour. Not my best time but I actually ran 23 minutes of the hour. Thanks for the motivation.

Tiff-you are rocking the weight loss lately, congrats on getting to 278.

Sandy-my hubby is 34, 5 years older than me. Oh a personal chef would be amazing, I want one too.

neesy-glad your doggies did good. Mine usually are good and hold it too, love that. No messes to clean up. Have fun with your hubby while he is with you, we understand if you are MIA for a bit. Just keep the diet good, not too much eating out.

I wanted to do an hour on the treadmill tonight and I did it. I ran 23 minutes like I told Dance. We decided not to go out tomorrow and have a romantic night in. The boys mom had the nerve to ask me to keep the boys, I had to tell her no.

I rented Daisy Fuentes Pilates for WII tonight, gonna try it out tomorrow since I may not make it to the gym. Never been a fan of pilates but I am willing to give it another try.

Hope you all have a very Happy Valentines Day tomorrow. My husband actually got me flowers, we have been together almost 11 years and this is the 3rd time he ever bought me flowers.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 am

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL!!!!

I sent AJ, Sandy,and Vicky a valentines text. I dont have everyone elses phone numbers. Mine is 989-335-3579.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Happy Valentines to all of you and Burgund thank you for the text, that was a nice surprise! Razz

Neesy, do you have an idea of when you will leave for Korea (it was Korea right?). I mean did they say how long the paperwork etc..would take. I don't know how long it was before my daughters friend, Christina, moved to Japan to be with her husband. That was his first stationing when joining the army. I honestly don't think it was long at all, possibly a couple of months. They both loved being over there. I am sooo proud of your pooches! Dogs are awesome, aren't they? Enjoy your time with your husband, and just mentally watch the kind of foods you eat. My thoughts are with you these next couple of weeks. Very Happy

Tiff WOW 278? That is so awesome. You are really on a roll......keep it up!!! Do be losing weight, staying focused in the middle of tax season says alot for your determination! YOU GO GIRL!

Burgund Ezekial bread is usually in the freezer section so it is fresh. There are no chemicals to preserve it like breads you find on the shelf. I want my Wii......... Crying or Very sad I am determined Burgund!!!!!!!!

AJ, Vicki, Dance, Staccie, and Lindy I hope your valentines was good. How's the weightloss going? Vicki I hope your feeling better, and Lindy how is that new program? Dance anxious for photo's and Staccie we miss you. AJ how is the job going?

I FINALLY got a workout in and it felt so good. My right heel still aches, but the heck with it I went anyway. I walked and also worked out with my kettlebells and ball. It felt great!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! My food has still been good, and no cheating yet. My weight hasn't moved, but without working out, that will be hard to do. Sooo, that is why I went today trying to shake things up a bit....LOL.. I have two more things I am hooked on......once is the coconut water, and now I want to find So Delicous Coconut Milk (unsweetened). I also am loving Braggs Apple Cidar with Ginger & Sesame Salad Dressing. I have also been baking vegetables in it........yummm! LOL......I know weird. Rolling Eyes

Well tomorrow it the beginning of work week, so I will try to be on here later in the day. Nite.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 pm

Burgundy Thanks for the V-day page! So sweet! Hope you and Chris had a blast!

Neesy Glad you are home safe and sound with your hubby and your pups. Must have been quite a drive! My SIL lives in DC and they had everything shut down last week. Also, it's funny you talked about plateauing at 216, that seems to be the case with me as well for the past few weeks! I gotta step it up. Eye candy, Mr. Hott definitely helps!

Sandy You are rockin! I am so proud of you...you are doing great! I took a tip from you and started making some healthier food. Turkey chili, lowfat chix tacos. Enough left over for lunch, so I can start eating better.

AJ How are you? Job??

Lindy: Did you have a V-day date? I know you mentioned the pressure of the day itself. Just curious.

Well, went and worked out with Mr. Hott yesterday. He kicked my butt! I wanted to step up my workouts and get out of this plateau and boy did he step it up. I was sore leaving the gym yesterday! He has really helped me with my form and gave me a 90 day workout that I am determined to do. I do the workout 5 days a week (but it's different exercises each time) and then I work out with him once a week. That's 6 days a week, but some workouts only take 30 minutes, so I'm determined to stick with it.

Went to the gym today as well. Started day #1 of Mr. Hott's workout plan for me. I had to run/walk for 20 minutes or bike. Biking tends to be easy for me, so I ran. I was going to walk here and there, but I really pushed myself and ran the entire time. I ran almost 2 miles in 20 minutes, so not too shabby. I'm doing day #2 tomorrow.

I didn't weigh in today...Madeline gave me a super crazy morning and by the time I remembered it was mid-morning after breakfast. So, we'll see what the scale has in store for me tomorrow.

Good night ladies!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 am

Howdy girls and belated happy valentine's to you all!

I don't have internet at home yet (coming Thursday when they switch my phone line over) so I was completely MIA all weekend. Got an offer on the old house after it had been on the market for a day and a half so that is good - not sure what I'm going to do with it though as it's a little lower than asking. Will keep you guys posted.

burgundy - I ended up walking my 3 miles on Sat so you totally kicked my butt! No serious workout yesterday but lots of running around doing errands so not great but definitely not a laze around kind of day either.

neesy - enjoy your time with your hubby and keep us posted on what your plans for the korea move end up being - must be stressful not knowing for sure what's going to happen. So glad you guys arrived safely!

mygrits - I bet you'll see a loss this week, you are doing so well with your healthy eating plan. Good for you on the workout - what a trooper you are exercising when you're in pain!

maddiesmom - You must be feeling good having lots of healthy leftovers around - that always makes me happy Smile I continue to be super impressed with your dedication to strength training - I wish it was contagious and I could get on the same wavelength - maybe someday! How's your back feeling these days?

Things are pretty good in my world - a little hectic, but that's to be expected. Eating is okay for the most part but I had some twizzlers when we went to see avatar on Sat night. Not totally my kind of movie but my bf has been such a trooper helping me with lots of house stuff so I figured he deserved a night of sci-fi escapism.

Hope you guys are having a happy monday - I'm at work Sad we don't have presidents' day off unfortunately.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Dance Congrats on the house offer. I know that it is low, but at least getting an offer is the first step! Shows that people are interested. I totally low-balled the offer on my house, and we ended up meeting in the middle...hoping the same thing happens for you! Smile

I'm at work too, no day off for me! Sad What a bummer. At least traffic wasn't so bad.

So food today has been good. So far I have avoided the snack sized chocolate that is less than 10 feet from my desk. I didn't run almost 2 miles yesterday to eat all those calories again! Breakfast: 2 eggs and orange juce. Snack: Sweet & Salty bar. Lunch: 1 cup of turkey chili and a small chicken taco (homemade with grilled chix, low fat cheddar, light sour cream, lettuce, tomato and salsa). Afternoon snack: clementine Dinner is turkey burgers. Then I have day 2 of my 90 day workout.

My back is ok. Shoveling snow last week didn't help, I was a big knotted mess by physical therapy on Thursday. It's slowly getting better, but I think my workouts are really helping. Mr. Hott is giving me a lot of stretches and lower back exercises that help. I tell ya, having a trainer has really helped me get through all this crap.

I am looking at myself in a different light now (thanks to the hubby). I was complaining that I really hadn't lost any weight in the past few weeks, but he said, at least you maintained and didn't gain anything. And it's true. With all the issues I have had and not being able to workout, I still maintained my weight. I did work out, but not as much as I was doing before my injury. So, I need to look at that as an accomplishment as well. I'm hoping to report a loss on Sunday, especially since I'll be working out 6 days a week. I did go to the store yesterday and bought a ton of fruits and veggies, so I'm hoping that will make a difference as well.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm

maddiesmom - looks like it's just us chicks today! Smile I think maintaining during such a difficult time is a major accomplishment and a great life skill to have - congrats!

Doing okay foodwise here - planning on a walk after work with a buddy and dinner at a middle eastern place. I'm thinking chicken kebabs should be pretty healthy.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum