In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Almost forgot....TIFF you are going to kick major a$$ on that 5K. I'm so proud of you. Running an entire mile without stopping (no matter what the pace) is impressive. Good luck!! Smile
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Wow, quiet board. Just wanted to let you know how my workout went. Lots of circuits and then time on the rower. I am definitely sore in my arms and legs, but my back was feeling some pain right after. I figured that would happen since it's my first workout, so I'm not surprised. I go back on Thursday and then Physical therapy on Friday. Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:33 pm

I ATE A DOUGHNUT AND I REFUSE TO FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There got that out.

Dance-I like the sounds of your workouts on vacay, that would be so much fun. You will have to tell us all about it.

Neesy-did u start the 30ds yet? I want to do it again, maybe soon.

TIff-good luck for the 5k. I am gonna give on a try maybe this summer.

AJ-congrats on the job!!!

Sandy-I keep losing and gaining the same damn lb. I am still at 201 today and after that doughnut probably wont lose any tomorrow.

Maddiesmom-glad the workout was good.

ok, ate the donut. I have had so many bad cravings lately, I just ate it. I dont feel bad about it either. Maybe my body needed a little something to get my weightloss going again. Im shopping for a tall kitchen table so I was out doing that today and missed the gym. Gotta pull out a dvd or the wii fit tonight.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Empty HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO OUT THERE!!!!!!!! ;-)

Post  mygrits Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Ok, where the heck is everyone? Neesy? AJ? Lindy? Hmmmm, very quiet for just starting a competition... Shocked

Vicky very cute picture of you......I love it! I am so glad your workout with Mr. Hott went well. Be careful of the back pain though. Red Lobster, wow, I haven't been there in years and that is probably a good thing, because there biscuits are addicting! Idea

Burgund......LOL........yummmy donuts! tongue I love Krispy Kreme HOT Donuts! LOL........I know it won't affect your weight so relax. My goodness one donut is perfectly fine. Now, if you added all the crap I ate tonight, that is a different story......LOL. I can't stop being hungry tonight. It is ridiculous! Maybe it is because I had a day off finally, or that I went on an exercise walk, or that I am bored, but I swear my stomach kept growling so I fed it! LOL........

Ok, is the weigh-in tomorrow or Monday since we started last Monday? I think I'll weigh-in on Monday's.

Well, since the board is quiet, I will sign off and check in tomorrow. Nite

affraid
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 am

Don't know how I managed it with what I've been eating the past week (guess my metabolism needed a jumpstart). I lost 1 pound, so I'm now at 217. Going shopping with the family today. Hope you are all doing well!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Empty Sunday - Checking in

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 am

Well, not much has happened in here since I wrote last........lol..... Sad Is the weigh-in today or Monday like last week? I guess I will just wait to weigh-in tomorrow.

Vicky - I guess your right on the metabolism theory........CONGRATES!!! cheers Mr. Hott must have burned some calories off! Have fun with the family shopping.

Today is my get something done day, before work tomorrow. I am going to work out inside with my weights, trim some dead bushes, do a load of laundry and relax. I feel like I have lost something this week........I hope........so I will report tomorrow after work. Have a great day girls.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey ladies! I think I avoid coming on here when I'm bad. Alcohol and fast food over the past 2 weeks.. ugh. I would mess up one day... be good for 3-4 days.. mess up a day... then be good. It's a vicious cycle. It's all because I go out drinking..then crave greasy food. I've got to stop that. So.. I'm 183 today. Up 2 lbs. blah. In.. the middle of the week i was 185, but last sunday i was 181.. so who knows.

Grits- You go girl. I like that.. your "get something done" day. I really need to have that day today as well. I've been really lazy.

Maddiesmom- Congrats on 1lb! everything helps.. moving in the right direction.

Rayne- definitely didn't do 30ds. I've been soooo lazy all week. It's like I have less energy and motivation now that I'm not working. I need to kick myself in the butt. a doughnut won't kill ya

oh.. so guess what!!!! I finally found some boots that fit my legs. YAY!!!!
Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Eab88a4bf14e__1264274160000
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Empty Sunday Night..........

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Good grief, where is everyone???? It seems like it has been me, Vicky, Burgund and Neesy...... Sad

Neesy, hot, hot, hot boots and picture. Did you send this to your husband? LOL........It would definitely get him thinking......LOL Cool

Today I got some writing done, gardening, and laundry. I had a few other things on my list, but didn't get to those. No big deal. I have eaten more today than I would have liked, but my calories are still OK.

Hope everyones week is good. I am back to work tomorrow.........ugh. Crying or Very sad
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Vicky-congrats on the lb. You must be doing something right.

Sandy-I need a day like yours to get stuff done. I almost have my house organized. I have a lot of stuff to donate, now gotta get to the laundry. Cant wait for your weigh in tomorrow.

Neesy-those boots look amazing on you. Where did you find them. I want some too but have the same problem with my legs.

Well i figured out why I have been having so many cravings and not losing. TOM showed up today. So hopefully after it is gone I will see more of a loss. I was at 201 this morning. Got a full day ahead tomorrow, hope to make it to the gym. Went today and got 3 miles in, did a lot more running than usual today. I felt good to be able to go longer. Played raquetball with my SIL today too, that was fun and a good workout.

Hope everyone else is doing good this weekend and hope to hear from you soon.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Burgund congratulations!!!!! lol! cheers bom If you are at 201, and are on Tom, you have to be 198 or 199!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and proud of you!!

I wish I would get Tom so I would quit having cravings......ugh.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:34 pm

WOW NEESY... stunning! You look fantastic!

Hello ladies. I am sorry I am so selfish and busy. I start my job in the am. I will check in tomorrow after. I am really excited.

PS I ate subway, boston market and sushi yesterday... to the point where I literally made myself sick. BAD! I am on plan today.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 pm

AJ: Good luck on your first day! Also, glad to hear you are back on track today. I know this is hard, but you can do this! I have total faith in your ability to meet your goal. We're here for you sweetie!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks everyone!

AJ- yay for the new job. have a great first day!

rayne- I got them at DSW... after i rummaged through like twenty different pairs. finally!

Will check back tomorrow
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 am

Hi all my favorite chickadees

I'm sorry I'm MIA. I rarely have access to a computer and we are restricted on venue for most sites and I can't get this on my BB Sad I miss all of you so much!!! I will have to keep in touch mostly through FB as I can get on there with my BB. I will check in on here whenever I can

We are moving on venue today and my life is just crazy - I can't even explain. It's going to get worse but I'm keeping it together for the most part. My body won't let me sleep more than five hours.

Well since I allowed myself popcorn I've slowly been allowing more bad things into my diet. I really noticed this weekend when I felt super tired and grouchy - also TOM is coming but because I haven't been exercising as much and sometimes going for 8 hours without food or water is not good for me. So I'm up early this morning and heading to the gym. My uniform fits but not as well as I want it to so I have a little under 2 weeks to tighten up a bit more Smile

This is seriously the busiest I have ever been...it's nuts with 14-15 hour days and that's just straight work, I'm often multi-tasking the other hours when I am not sleeping.

I never weighed in yesterday and won't until this coming Sunday because TOM is here and I know if I see a big number it's going to be bad news.

I hope to get a chance to read and catch up tonight but I just wanted to say that I really miss you all...I'm going to try and check in when I can Smile MISS YOU!!!! I love you
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  iceprincess1921 Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:34 am

Good morning girls!!!

Im so excited for all you girls that lost weight this week, awesome!!! I unfortunately am in a downward spiral...I am at 170 as of yesterday *shakes head in shame*. I really need to get back on board because that means that I have gained 10 pounds from my lowest weight since starting this diet last year, thats how it all starts, so I made a personal vow to myself to log onto this forum daily and stop slacking. Also on that note, my apologies for being MIA, I wish I had a better excuse but to just say I was being lazy and stopped caring for a while about my weight (and it shows).

Anyway,

Neesy - those are some killer hot boots, I love them!

Maddiesmom - I love your new profile pic, so pretty!

Stacie- I know you are going to be quite the busy bee (as if you're not already), I love some of the pics that you gave been posting on Facebook, it looks so exciting.

Mygrits- I saw your message on FB...TY for the bday wishes, it was quite a fun party.

Tiff- good luck with tax season - yikes!

AJ- we talk so much girl, lol...I have nothing to say. hahaha

Ok, I have to catch up on my work and start to focus, I will catch up with you girls later.

Thank you for being so supportive and sticking it out with crazy, less than supportive weight loss buddy non-sense....*BIG HUG* I <3 you girls.

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:17 am

Howdy girls!
Wow - so much to catch up on! We're back from Costa Rica and I'm having a little post-vacation let down which is normal for me - you know, when something you were looking forward to for a long time is over, it's hard to get psyched about getting back to the grind. Should be an interesting month or so though - I close on the new house on Friday and take possession on Monday which means my current house goes on the market basically in a week and a half so I have a bazillion things to do before then. I think I'll spend my lunch break making a giant master list to stay organized. On the weight front, I'm at 172 but I think some of it is water weight so no major harm done on vacation.

tifftiff - good for you for the 5K plans - that sounds great! And yes, I'm the queen of shinsplints Smile The first thing to determine is which kind you have - do you feel pain along the outer side of your shinbone or the inner side? I know that sounds kind of confusing but if you're looking down at your right leg, does it hurt along the outer/right-hand side or the inner/left-hand side of the shinbone? The recommendations for what to do are different for each kind. In either case it's definitely not a bad idea to make sure you do some calf-stretching before you jog each time. I like standing on a stair (as if I were going up the stairs) with just the ball of my foot and letting my heel drop off the edge of the step until I feel a good stretch. I also do that stretch right after my cool down after a run. Tell me more about where you feel the shinsplints and I'll fill you in on the rest.

aj - major congrats on the job!! I'm sure you're super busy but tell us more as soon as you can! And stay away, far far away from the bad food - you can do it! Now that you're all busy with the job, it may be easier to resist temptation.

staccie - I so feel for you during this crazy time - I hope you're doing okay.

maddiesmom - love the new pic - your face looks so slim! Keep us posted on the recovery - it sounds pretty tough. So glad you have mr. hott on your side!

neesy - love love love the new boots! And more and more of them will fit you as you keep losing - very cool! Ok, girl, what's up with the drinking/eating bad stuff cycle? You have been doing so incredibly well for so long that a break is fine - just as long as it doesn't become a new habit, right?

burgundy - so when are you waking up these days? is the earlier start helping at all? I thought of you when I woke up at 5:30 this morning Smile

mygrits - hope you got tons done on your get it done day! Is your hubby still losing too?

lindy - would love to hear more about your b-day party when you have time. Sounds like you and I are in a similar place on the scale again - maybe we can push each other a bit to get back on a losing streak!

Probably no workout for me today but will get in a run tomorrow. I'll be putting away laundry tonight and doing some more packing - oh, such fun - after I make it through the work day. I'm so not in the mood to go into the office Sad

Hugs to all my girls!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:57 am

I just about died during my workout today...since I've been up since 1AM, it feels like I should be going to bed now! I was feeling so good for awhile...

I've realized (like you Neesy) that I tend to avoid this when I'm not doing as good as I should and really - we need to get on here to help us through it so a one day bad doesn't become a few weeks!

I vow that I am going to get on here at least once a day...no matter how crazy busy I am, I can't be that busy to log on for a few min!!!

Lindy - woman - don't let your success slowly pile back on...I got real comfortable when I lost a bunch of weight and things in my life were looking up and before you know it I am now back to not far from where I was...

Well I have to go to work now...hope all you lovely ladies have a great day!
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 am

Okay, now that I'm back in the groove, I've decided I'm going to go back to logging every single thing I eat on thedailyplate - anyone else want to join me? When I first started this crazy journey, I logged my food and exercise religiously and it really helped me stay disciplined and I miss that feeling. I will probably be boring you guys with food and exercise confessions for a while. I'm going back to my old plan of 1400 cal/day and exercising 4x/wk for 30min+ - no excuses, no exceptions unless it's a super long hike/snowshoe day and I earn myself a treat.

Staccie and Neesy - I couldn't agree more - if I'm being lazy about exercise or eating things I shouldn't, I am definitely more likely to avoid posting. I'm hoping I can use that phenomenon the other direction - if I keep posting regularly, maybe I can avoid doing things I shouldn't Smile

tifftiff - I just went back and reread some posts I didn't have time to read completely before and saw that you were shooting for 1200-1400 cals/day - how is that going? I would have thought for your height/weight/age, that would be on the really low side but if your happy with how it's going, I certainly wouldn't want to mess with success. And belated congrats on your running sucesses - that's really great! It's still incredibly good exercise to alternate walking and running so don't be too hard on yourself if you need to take walking breaks as you go. One of the most impressive runners (a major marathoner) on 3fc still takes walking breaks as part of her process when she's working on increasing her speed or distance. She also recommends walking through all of the water stops on any race to give your body a short recovery break. I'm sure you'll find whatever works best for you but I thought her perspective was interesting, that walking during a run does not mean you didn't have a successful run and it can be a good part of your training. Do you have some fun music to listen to?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  tifftiff1985 Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 am

Wow, everyone popped us all at once! I tried posting twice last night but if you hit two keys at the same time on my phone at the same time I guess it's the same as delete all. So yeah. I couldn't type it a third time last night so here is approximately what I said:

My weigh in for today (Sunday) is 285.2. That's down 3 for me. Kinda pigged out both Saturday and Sunday, jsut like last weekend. BUT, I had a major accomplishment today. I went shopping for clothes and shoes for the wedding in 4 weeks. Both the dress I bought AND the shirt I bought from Lane Bryant were size 18/20 rather than the 22/24 I have bought for what seems like forever. Woohoo! The shirt fits PERFECTLY, but the dress jsut barely fits and needs some smoothing undergarments because it is a jersey material that shows everything. It's sooo cute. it's like a tank top with like rosettes all over the top portion and about knee-length a-line and it's like a reddish orange color than actually looks pretty good with my skin tone. I'm planning to lose 10-15 by the wedding so hopefully it will fit perfectly as well.

That's where I deleted. So, my plan to fix the pig out from the weekend is to have a very low calorie day with TONS of water. I'm gonna do at least 3.2 at the gym tonight and possibly some weights as well. My goal was to be at 280 by the 5k this weekend, and TOM will be gone by then so I'm reeeally hoping to meet that goal.

Dancer, my shin-splints are on the inner part of my shins. They have gone away, but I haven't ran since Friday night. (done any exercise since then actually). Thanks for the perspective on walking while training. That is really suprising to find out. When I started training about a month and a half ago for the 5k, I could only run 1.5 mins straight. Now, I did 15 mins. Thinking about that accomplishment is how I will be ok with walking part of the 5k. It's unrealistic for me to expect to go from 1.5 mins of jogging to 45 mins of jogging. I'm glad you had a great time on your trip.

Neesy...absolutely LOOOVE the boots!!! I can't wait to be able to wear boots other than ugg-style.

Staccie, keep your head up and just keep thinking about the light at the end of the tunnel when you can't wrap your head around all the work to be done. I just planned a vacation to Pennsylvania to tour the northeast right after tax season ends, so that the whole tax season when I am stressed I can just think about the relaxing week I will have when it's all over with. Don't you have something similar planned for after the end of the Olympics?

AJ, I fifth the congratulations on the job. You'll ahve to tell us all about it when you post this evening.

Lindy, glad you're back and refocused. Look on the bright side...you didn't gain 22 lbs like I did before gaining control back! Only 10 Very Happy How was your birthday bash that was months in the making?

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I responded to all of the posts I could see on this page. Happy Monday!
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 am

tifftiff - that's good news about your shin splints not bothering you right now - taking a small break from running was probably a good idea. The inner kind of shin splints are the better kind to have as they usually go away once you're used to a training routine. Do you have good running shoes? Proper support and a good warm up and cool down can help keep them from happening and ice and advil are helpful in making them less uncomfortable. Congrats on the small sizes! You are doing great!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:14 pm

OKay..... 3 page catch up.

Vicky- TY! Whats up with the bad eating??? Even if you lost (I did too with junk) you wan tto keep that kick ass metabolism. Don't lose it! Very cute pic!! How do I put a pic up? How is your back?

Tiff- The 5 K is like now... How is your ankle?? I really hope it holds up and you are okay! Woohoo on that loss!

Sandy- Thank you so much. Its nice to work. Sorry I have been MIA. I won't do it again. Bad eating and poor time management. BOOOO! Never again!

Neesy- You are such a sexy momma! I still see that and my jaw drops. You look so fantastic in that little black dress!

Rayne- OMG OMG OMG *Doing crazy dance in livingroom* You are almost there. I want to celebrate it. SO JUST DO IT!! 199 here you come!

Staccie- I am so sorry about all of the craziness. It will be worth it. Are you salary? I can't believe how beautiful it is there! I hope you take time to look around more. Love you and miss you!

Lindy- WTF.... You should always have more for me. LOL j/k. Love you and I will talk to you later.

Dance- Welcome home. I admire you so much in working out on vaca! I hope your acclimation is going alright! I have missed you!

As for me... New job is great. I am in a management training program for 8 weeks and then will be managing a distribution center. The company I work for makes and sells perfume bulk to stores. Cool kindof. Its something and the money is good. At least I can save because we have blown our savings this last few months. It is nice to get up in the morning before 10 and do something. And I enjoy training for a bit because it is a break from real work. Lol. Miss you kittens!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 pm

(Bear with me, all, I'm trying to do a post with a signature, kind of like we did on 3fc as I found that accountability helpful)

AJ - congrats on the job - that sounds like an interesting challenge and c'mon, who doesn't love perfume? To add a picture, go to the profile option and pick avatar. On the profile menu is also where I found the signature option - you just have to select it among the options when you go to post. How did eating go today? Are you still low carbing?

Okay - I'm hopeless - can't make the sig option work - maybe someone else with better forum skills can figure it out and explain it to me Smile

Last edited by dancerindenver on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Okay... Click on profile---->Preferences----> Allow html-----> save!
then go to signature and paste it in. =)

Make sure when posting you click the option below that says attach sig

Ugh I thought I had it but it isn't posting. I just pasted it in. =(

Must fit into bride maids dress!

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Weight

Valentines Mini Goal!!

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 4 Weight

5 lbs lost Very Happy:D:D
Fall down seven times, get up eight. (thnx!)
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Too funny, AJ - I kept thinking I had it down too! More importantly, how was work?

ETA: AJ - if you log in as the admin, can you try the following (copied from a how-to forum)?
Ok, go to: Admin panel >> Users & Groups ( Tab ) >> Users settings > Signatures = allowed & all members > Save.

Last edited by dancerindenver on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 pm

It was fantastic! It feels great to get busy again. It sucks that I have to go through management training even though I have so much experience but I am thinking of it as more extra education.

At least at the end of this I have my own office and a set income. Lol!

How are you? How is the BF??
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum