In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 18 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  mygrits Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

Dance trashy post huh??????? LOL.......had to laugh and think how many times have I suffered through one! Sorry about your ankle, hope it is better soon. My run felt so great, but I suffered after with heel pain and I mean burning. I looked in my nutritional healing book and red up on heel bones spurs etc. which I assume it is. I am going to try some of those rememdies and see if it helps. I so want to run each day - it just feels good.

Well I hope everyone else is doing good. This is my last day off.......bummer and then I don't have two consecsutive days off again for several weeks. Food has been really good, so I am proud of myself for that. I just finished reading a book a girl at work gave me Skinny Bitch. Sorry about the name and yes some of the language continues throughout, but it is a really informative book........LOL.....

Back to work. Walked the dog, vacuum, now washing throw rugs, then need to do some exercise with weights and somewhere in all of this relax..........yeah right........ Shocked
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

mygrits - this is kind of a weird idea but some people think running barefoot (which makes you land on the ball of your feet and not your heels at all) is much better for you. They make little bootie things to run in that are especially for this. Might be worth a shot Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Ladies,

Well, my eating has not improved over the past week. I think once I slip up, i really tank it for the rest of the week. Oh well, what can you do but move on? Tuesday was the retirement dinner, Wednesday for lunch I had Chipotle (I had a healthier option, but it's not super healthy for you), yesterday I had a few pizza squares and today, I had a chicken panini at Jason's deli. I'm having this for lunch and then a sensible dinner, but I still feel guilty. I have had good food for breakfast, so I guess it's not too bad having those extra calories for lunch and then not having a snack.

Had a training session with Mr. Hott last night...He's moving to the other gym full time next month. He had me doing some isometric exercises, just using my body weight. It was harder than I had expected...but I burned over 450 calories in 45 minutes. He's been kicking my butt, and I've needed it.

Sandy So sorry about your heel...that's the worst. It keeps you from doing much. Perhaps swimming to keep weight off your foot?

Neesy 20 pounds is nothing...you'll get those pounds off! Smile Glad all is going well with the caffeine. I hated those withdrawl symptoms, but when they are gone, it's so much easier.

Burgundy: you have been working a ton! Don't know if I could spend that much time with kids without them being my own! Smile You must have soooo much patience.

SO what is everyone's plans for the weekend? I have Mr. Hott again on Sunday, and he promised that I will hate him by Monday morning. LOL
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 pm

maddiesmom - sounds like you're doing a little unplanned calorie cycling. It sounds like mixing things up sometimes can get your metabolism on a losing streak so maybe it's all good. Good luck with mr hott!

ETA - no real workout today but walked in the snow to sushi last night with my bf and shovelled a little this morning. Will try to get in a three mile loop later - anyone with me? Just had peach yogurt with blackberries and grape-nuts for breakfast - also good with bananas and/or strawberries. Definitely give a variation of that combo a try if you haven't already.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey Girls,

Thanks Dance, I will look into the booties. I remember Dr. Oz talking about them on his show a long time ago. I don't watch his show religiously, however I do tape it and only watch the ones that interest me. I am also uping my calcium and magnesium, as they say that can help heel spurs, which what it is I guess. I read up and it said continious standing and walking can cause this. Luck me! Mad

Maddiesmom, I am with Dance. This calories change up may really kick your metabolism in! Woo Hoo! Enjoy while you can! LOL

Ok this weekend, working is what I am doing. Yes today and tomorrow. I may get up and try to jog before work tomorrow and see if it affects my day - feet wise. Other than working, not much going on. My daughter and son-in-law are in Orlando seeing my parents, so hopefully they will stop by on the way home.

Oh, saw Tiff on FB posting pics, but didn't write her. Has she been on here lately, or is it just us five?? Shocked
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Vicky-you have been doing so well with everything, they you have been eating this week probably wont even affect you. Plus you probably make better choices now anyways than you would have in the past. Oh and by the end of day 4 with the boys my patience was wearing thin. Plus I might have them again tomorrow if their dad decides not to come home.

Dance-I got my 3 miles in today. 1 mile was the free run on wii fit but I am counting it. Then went for a walk with some friends, just got back at 8. That was cold. One of the girls I walked with is 5 months pregnant so we didnt do any running.

Sandy-hope your heel feels ok if you go for your run. I might have to boys tomorrow, am not really looking forward to it after already having them 4 days in a row. She has 10 days off after tomorrow and I am hoping to have the same.

I am gonna try my hardest to get 20 miles in this week, if I have the boys tomorrow I will take them on a walk. Plus I am trying to burn 500 calories a day. Hopefully I can do. I have burned about 325 today so far. Gonna get on the wii fit and burn the rest.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 am

This has to be quick, need to get dressed for work.

Burgund oh my, I don't think I would have the patience after 1 day! LOL........ You are an awesome lady to help them out this much. I honestly think they need to spend more time with their children. Smile How the heck are you burning that many calories in 1 day? I will never catch up at that rate!!

Well I didn't get my run in, as I just couldn't get out of bed this morning. I got up earlier enough to get ready for work. Plus, last night I ate, and ate. Nothing really bad, but enough to know I ate way past full.......... Crying or Very sad I will do better today. I have decided the kitchen is closing at 9 pm on nights I get home at 8:30 and at 8pm on nights I am off. That's it, no excuses. I have gum by my bed and ginger chews.

Well, need to go, have a great day everyone. What are you all doing today?? It's beautuful here 78 and sunny.
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 am

Morning, girls! Had a blah lazy day yesterday but am ready to turn things around today, starting with a massive to-do list and hopefully a long walk.

mygrits - hope your heel doesn't bother you too much at work today. I was reading something about foot problems in the new york times health section and they were talking about how many foot problems go away as you lose weight so we'll keep our fingers crossed for that outcome!!

burgundy - love the idea of your mileage goal! and you totally beat me yesterday as I wimped out and was a couch potato - but it's on today!!

maddiesmom - are you all sore already? I used to do some weights and I remember it being hard to shampoo my hair when my arms were too sore/tired from a workout - does that ever happen to you? Smile

Hope you guys have a good day - I'm going to do my best to turn this into one after the blahsville of yesterday....
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Sandy-after today my patience with them is just about gone. I dont think I will be watching the boys this week, they better not call me after how mad I was this morning. Good idea on closing the kitchen. I do that every night at 8.

Dance-get those miles in today?? I walked 2 with the dogs, they wanted to run so we ran part of the way.

This morning was stressful with the boys dad. Out of the last 8 days, I had those boys 5 days. Their dad came home and left this morning cos he thought I was sleeping but I called him out and had him come home. Just about tired of him. I love those boys but dont know how much longer I can do this.

Did good with eating and exercising yesterday and today. Gotta keep this motivation going. I can do. Hope you all have a great start to the week. Trying to burn my 500 cals, got about 150 more today, maybe some crunches and wii fit.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Burgundy - I did about 4 miles today, a little further to make up for my couch potatoness yesterday. Sorry the family situation with the boys is so tricky - hang in there!

Food was pretty good today - am going to try to stay on track this week!

ETA: aargh - still holding steady at 167. totally stuck on a plateau. I'm going to try to sneak in a run after work and get that scale moving! B: yogurt and blackberries, L: sandwich and green salad, D: chicken, whole grain couscous and veggies.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

Dance: Sorry about the plateau...those are the worse! I'm having another one myself. Guess we'll just have to keep going and not quit! We can do it!

Burgundy: You are one busy lady. Hope you get the time off you deserve. How are you burning the 500 calories a day? What are you using to measure? Just curious.

Sandy: Good luck at work...is it getting any better with your boss? Sorry things have been rough. HOw are things with Bubba? Is he feeling any better, or getting out of his funk?

I know Tiff, Lindy, and AJ are still alive, they are posting on FB. Hope they are doing ok, but hope they check in soon as well!

As for me...no loss this week, didn't work out the 6 days that I wanted to...only got in 4. I trained with Mr. Hott twice last week and I'm training with him again twice this week. He's putting in his two weeks notice so I have to get my training in before he leaves just so I'm not wasting the money I already spent on training sessions.

Food was good this weekend, got back on track. I forced myself to work out on Friday night, got 3.5 miles in and then did some strength training. Didn't leave the gym until after 10 pm. Saturday was some retail therapy and walked around outside with Maddie. Sunday was Mr. Hott, who kicked my butt. He's starting on these isometric exercises, where you hold a certain position, which makes your muscles contract. Each contraction is like a rep. You hold the position for a minute, and it burns and it makes your legs feel like jell-o. Burned over 400 calories in the course of 45 minutes. I'm doing the arm portion on Wednesday.

Food was good today: Breakfast: 1 cup of fruit, Snack: Banana, Lunch: Chicken Pesto flatbread sandwich (Lean Cuisine) with a small side salad. I have a special K protein shake for a snack), Dinner: Turkey breast..bought it at the store and am going to try and grill it tonight. Should be interesting.

Today I am working out from home, have a ton of stuff to do tonight. What is everyone else's plans for the day? Hope everyone is doing ok.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Okay, had to readjust my goal schedule due to the plateau situation.

3/28/2010 166
4/4/2010 165
4/11/2010 164
4/18/2010 163
4/25/2010 162
5/2/2010 161

What's everyone else shooting for for the beginning of May?

maddiesmom - let's make this a plateau busting week! I'm bound and determined to have a loss by next sunday. Are you in? Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Dance: YOU ARE ON!!! We can get past this plateau!! What is your plan this week? Wanna go three miles tomorrow? I'm working out from home tonight (strength training), but I'm doing cardio and legs tomorrow since I'll be working the arms and upper body on Wednesday with Mr. Hott.

Ok, so I tried one of those Kelloggs protein shake things, and to tell ya the truth, it tasted like slim fast. On the bright side, it was only 180 calories and filled me up this afternoon. Had a smaller dinner as well, so maybe that will help? Not sure, but I will try anything to keep from munching on snacks from 2:00 - 6:30 when I have dinner. Kelloggs also makes a chocolate peanut butter fiber bar that tastes pretty decent. Fills you up as well.

Had the grilled turkey breast tonight, wasn't too bad...it was something different other than chicken. Ate that with a small baked potato and green giant corn.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Ok, just went for my first run after work of the year (it's been too dark or cold to run in the evenings so far) and am feeling great in a worn out kind of way. I briefly toyed with the idea of situps and pushups but that idea didn't last long Smile Maybe in the morning?

maddiesmom - 3 miles it is!

burgundy, you in too??
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Dance and Maddiesmom-I am in for the 3 miles tomorrow. And I'm right there with both of you with seeing no loss this week, still hanging out at 197-198 for a while. Its so frustrating.

Vicky-I will get the time off, I am gonna tell them no this week if they need me. They need to spend time with their children. You know how most kids get excited when their parents get home. Well these 2 boys dont, they get upset that I am leaving. I am using my wii fit to track calories, there is an activity log on it that tells how many calories you burn(its just approximate but I am hoping its pretty close) When I put in all the activity I did yesterday I was at 509, thats with the exercises I did on it. You just put in the minutes you do an activity(it just gives you light, moderate and heavy exercise as choices, so its probably off some but it will have to do for now)

Dance-I am loving being able to get out in the afternoons for walks/runs. I did some crunches last night, when the thought appears I have to jump on it or will say nah.

We bought a husquvarna atv today so we were out in the cold riding the trails. Its so much fun but thanks to it I didnt do much working out. I'll make up for it tomorrow, gonna get back to the gym. Gonna go to bed and turn on a movie, got The Goods, but feel asleep during it last night, woke up and the credits were rolling. Happy Tuesday to us all.
sunny
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Hey girls!

Rayne- so jealous of the ATV. that sounds so much fun

Maddiesmom- I love your daily plans. You sound like your dieting and exercise is right on point. The army is all about isometric exercises. My husband is teaching me them. It's great cuz you can do some in your living room. That's a plus.

Dance- I'm shooting for 10lb loss by may 1st.. which will put me at 177. I would love to be in the 170s by the time summer gets here!

I just got done doing jillians 30ds. My neice, sister and mom have been staying with me nightly. I made my niece do the dvd with me today... haha. it made it fun. We're headed to this track by my house to walk. Taking the dogs with us. 1 lap around is a half mile. So.. I think the dogs can do only like 2 or 3 times around before they start whining. Hope everyone has a great day!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 pm

hey girls!

got in 5 miles of walking today but my eating has been a little off this afternoon. How's everyone doing?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Neesy- i need to dust off the 30ds. All I have been doing is walking and wii fit and some crunches here and there.

Dance-yay for the 5 miles. My eating was off this afternoon too.

I walked 4.5 miles this morning with hubbys aunt and then 2.5 this afternoon with the dogs. Thats 7 today for me. Thats the most I've done in one day. Puts me at 9 for the week so far, only 11 to go for my goal of 20. Gotta take my sil in the truck to get my nephew a bed tomorrow. Hopefully we get back early enough to get in a few miles tomorrow.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 pm

You girls impress me! Dance-5 miles like its nothin! Rayne- 7 miles in one day! Wow.. i really have to step it up! I'm gonna go walking again first thing tomorrow. The whole gang went with me to the track yesterday. My sister, niece, and dogs were whining after only 2 laps. So.. I cut it short. I'm gonna go by myself tomorrow . Either that or go to the gym. 30ds was definitely easier this time around but is still a workout. I can feel my abs burning! I'm gonna do that everyday too with the walking/jogging.. we'll see after 30 days if it lives up to its name!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 am

burgundy - woohoo for SEVEN miles!

neesy - can't wait to see how your 30 day experiment goes!

It's all snowy here so my only exercise may be shoveling later.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I didn't have time to respond yesterday. I did 3.5 miles yesterday and did 100 squats. Burned over 550 calories. Foodwise was REALLY good. I am back on track once again, feeling good about food choices and working out. Weighed myself and I'm finally OVER THE PLATEAU!! Wahoo!!! 212.4 - lowest ever! Gotta keep the momentum going.

Neesy Saw your FB post...does this mean you did 30DS? Great job on walking...it's fun to go with others, but on the other hand, if they quit before you want to, you are at their mercy. Glad you're getting a good workout with 30DS.

Dance Did you have to shovel? Are we on for miles again tomorrow?

Burgundy: Great job on the miles....you can reach 20, I know it!

So, had the workout with Mr. Hott and man, I feel it already. It was all about upper body with the isometric exercises. You can REALLY feel it. He said I'll be really sore tomorrow, but no pain, no gain right? I'm working out with him again on Saturday.

Went to visit the new gym with him today, and it seems like a really good gym. They have brand new state of the art equipment. They even have machines that will test your muscles to see if you are having any problems overcompensating, muscles in pain, etc. This machine will tell you where the problem areas are, so you can start working on them. So I think I'm switching gyms. It turns out it's only 1/4 mile further than I currently drive, so not too bad.

Anyways, it's after 10:00 and I'm exhausted. Talk to you ladies later!
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

maddiesmom - WTG on busting through that plateau!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! We're on for miles tomorrow - sounds great.

Didn't weigh myself today but didn't do great with food. I keep feeling like I'm coming down with something so I was lazy food-wise. Hoping I'll be over it tomorrow and back in the game Wink
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Neesy-I like walking alone sometimes too. You can go at your own pace and as long as you want. Its nice to have someone to talk to sometimes too. Just depends on my mood that day. How are you doing with no caffeine? It gets easier, I only drink water now and a glass of milk here and there.

Dance-shoveling, ew. All the snow is gone here and the ground is drying up. It was too cold for me today. Didnt get to enjoy the ATV. Same tomorrow. I'm gonna get my miles in on the wii. Hope you are feeling better.

Vicky-you are a machine, 550 calories. I havent been doing so good at burning my 500 everyday. Yay for getting over your plateau. I am trying to get over mine. The new gym sounds nice, I bet you will like it.

Tomorrow is my sil's birthday. I am sure she will want to go out and have mexican, yum!! I will try to make good choices. Its also my puppies 2nd birthday. Got her some new toys. Might give her a little bit of cake as a treat.

I am gonna do running on will fit and count that as my miles. Better get to it. I want to get 4 miles in to be at 13 for the week. Then 7 more miles, maybe I can do 7 better tomorrow and Saturday. Have an early morning, gotta go to the bank in the am. They took $300 more than they should have out of my account today. Gotta get my money back.

Have a great Friday everyone.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Rayne- I'm doing great now. I think it's been 2 weeks now already.. I feel great.. like my normal self. I just drink plain water or I drink water with the crystal light added. Though.. I may stop doing that too because although it has no sugar, it has artificial sweeteners that aren't good. Sometimes I just need some flavor! Hope you get ur money back! That sucks. It's so hard to be good at a mexican place. I love chips and dip. mmm

Dance- hope you feel better

Maddiesmom- the new gym sounds awesome! glad u worked it out. and yeah i'm doing 30ds. I hurt all over.. ugh. But pain is gain! I can't wait to get to korea. They have a gym on base that is open 24/7.. and free! I like going late at night. My current gym- Bally's- is letting me put my membership on hold til we get back. We're only paying 10 bucks a month now since we've been there for 7 yrs. Wow.. 7 years i could have been working out. i can't leave them now. haha
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 am

morning, girls! Happy Friday!

Neesy - congrats on busting your addiction - that is some SERIOUSLY tough stuff to do. I think they make sparkling water with natural fruit flavors added - that might be a good option for when you need some a little more flavorful.

burgundy - my favorite healthy option at mexican places is 'pollo a la parilla' or grilled chicken with some guac. If anything on the menu is grilled, they will most likely make it for you even if it isn't on the menu. Hope you find something yummy!

Didn't get my miles in yesterday Sad But I'm planning on a run around lunchtime and am taking myself shopping tonight. I need a new coffee table and I have a coupon from the Limited and might use it to buy some new work pants. What are all of you up to this weekend?

ETA: Went running and have been eating on plan today so so far so good, right? It's supposed to snow tonight so I may not be able to run again tomorrow which is a bummer but I'll try for at least a walk.
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum