In it Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss Buddies

+6
Maddiesmom
burgundyrayne
Brown Eyed Staccie
dancerindenver
ajowens
Admin
10 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:48 pm

I hope Vicky is okay too!

Staccie- If it is really important to you do it but I wouldn't. I would pop 98% fat free healthy pop, bag it and take it with me. Thats just me because I would just crave that butter & salt for weeks to come. I am glad you get to see a movie but I am feeling bad about you not sleeping tonight!

Dance & Rayne- I am on the treadmill right now. I am struggling because I have very little fuel.

I am working out. I am really craving things though. I would trade a breast for sushi right now! =(

LINDY- where the hell are you?
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:26 pm

STACCIE- I am sooo hungry. If I add just a piece of fruit or bread do you think I can work out and still lose?
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 pm

aj - can you have some lf string cheese or some almonds?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 pm

I effed up but I am moving past it. And I am spending extra time in the gym this evening. I did 3 earlier and I will do 2 more this evening. What I did get was this awesome quote!!

Meditation means bringing your mind back when you notice it has wandered, it’s not about keeping your mind from wandering in the first place.

So I need to learn to wander but pull myself right back into place!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 pm

aj - good attitude! A quick treat doesn't have to mean falling off the wagon entirely! And besides, didn't you say you had lost 3lbs in 3 days??!!?? You've got this - now just stay disciplined the rest of the night Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Thank you Dance!! <3 *HUGS* I needed to hear that.

Where are you going next week?
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm

We're headed to Costa Rica for some hiking in the mountains and then some beach time. I'm planning on hiking or running every day and I'll try to check in to stay accountable!

Can't wait to hear about your progress when I get back! Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty I'm alive

Post  Maddiesmom Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Hello lovely ladies, sorry I have been MIA. This was the first time I could log on. First of all, thank you for your thoughts and concerns. I'm doing ok...granted it wasn't the best birthday I've ever had, but I'm making it through.

So, i did have the injection, but of course I freaked out right before and started tearing up when the doc asked about my pain. My poor hubby was wonderful, he sat be me the whole time. I had to have the injection without him, so I tried to be brave. Smile He explained that I could end up feeling pain during the actual injection (which I did), but right now I only have "deep pain" in my back which is mostly from the contrast dye and the needle itself. It's not a permanant fix, but my back is feeling ok right now (mostly the local anesthetic they gave me, but I'll take it!) It will take about 2 weeks before I begin to see if the injection worked. But, it could take 3 of them. Sad

AJ: Did you do the other 2 miles? Just curious. BTW: that dress is so cute! You will look gorgeous. You have a great body! (Not that I'm checking you out in that way! LOL

Staccie: Good luck with work!!! You will do great and will be a knockout in your Olympic garb! Razz

Anyways, sorry my first post is so self absorbed. I am physically and emotionally exhausted, so I'm going to bed. Did we decide...are weigh ins still on Sundays?
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey girls!! I like the idea of this new forum. I too felt kind of disconnected. It's nice to have our core group together again. I don't know what I'd do without all of you!!!

AJ-That dress looks amazing on you already! Gorgeous! You're gonna be a stunner at the wedding

Dance, Staccie, Rayne- I have to say. I'm so impressed with how much you guys work out. I have really been slacking in that department. You guys are doing great. Your motivation inspires me!

Maddiesmom- I'm so sorry that you are having so much pain and a not so good b-day. Hang in there girl. hope you feel better.

Ok... so just picked my husband up from the airport. He's here til tuesday. Of course I had wendy's when he got here. And now I'm confessing to all of you.. It's crazy.. but when I do stuff like that I think of all of you and what you would say. Just the thought of having you all .... keeps me on track. I will do good the rest of the weekend. I promise!

I don't think I have been good about posting and weighing in on sunday. But now I have all the time in the world. So you will all see me more.

Talk to you all later!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 am

Lindy- Where are you? Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you doing?
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty Hello Chickadee's

Post  mygrits Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 am

Shocked Ok, here I am, and I thank you all for including me, and asking me to join your group. I was on 3FC since January 09, and tried to stay involved and help. Unfortunately with going back to work last August and crazy schedules 'my time' was very, very limited. I still tried to stay involved and then fell off around the end of October due to work/stress. I, like many of you, missed our personal connection. Thank goodness for Facebook, because I knew I could peek on there quickly and still know you all were doing alright. I did miss you all though and our chats.

I told Burgund (Allison) that I wasn't sure if I should join this group, because of my crazy work schedule and not wanting to break a promise of being involved on here the way I should be. However, after peeking on here, I guess I am not the only one with crazy/busy schedules lately, and I will just have to find a way! If I am absent for a few days, it is only because I am putting in too many hours at work and coming home to crash and do it all over again Sad

I have missed you all and really enjoyed reading the pages on here. All of you are doing sooooo awesome at getting healthy. Woo Hoo! I am proud of you and envious too! cheers I started again the first of the year, and am doing alright, but as I was telling Burgund, I have a problem with eating when I leave work at 8pm. I do great when I have a day off, I do great when I work 8 to 4pm, BUT when I work 12 to 8pm or 1 to 8pm, I eat crappy when I get home. WHY? I just can't figure this out.......... Do any of you have ideas that might help?

Sandy
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty lucky lindy is in the building...under a new alias, haha

Post  iceprincess1921 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 am

Hey girls!

So-so-so sorry about the delay in hopping on, I was having issues with this website till Aj just walked me through it, haha. USER ERROR!!! Anyway, this week is going to be a crazy week so I will admit I will be slightly MIA as I am having a HUGE party next week with 40 ppl and Im prepping for that.

Anyway, Ill catch up on my reading later but my weigh in 165 for the new challenge. Also, I hate to say this but I am not going back to the 3FC forum. I wasnt a fan of many of the new girls, I know...I know...dont ask me why, I know its mean but I got attached to "our group" and as more and more people joined, I just became annoyed. Anyway, point being---we are reconnected through here.

I look forward to catching up later...bye girlys!! I <3 you, sorry for being such a stinker!

iceprincess1921

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Dance- I am sooo jealous but I know you really need a vaca!

Vicky- I am so sorry that you are in this much pain. I am glad that you are relevantly pain free as of this moment. I hope 1 time does the job! Did you eat cake??

Sandy- Welcome back. You can check in every other week for all I care as long as we get to hear from you! Don't worry about making promises... just check in when you can and don't when you can't. I am so glad you are busy though because I remember the position you were in in Sept and this is much better! Whats going on with starting a restaurant? Did you find any new locals? Also, I am bad at night no matter what so I just can't eat after 8: or so. Maybe take a dinner with you?

Neesy- You can do this! You want to make this your life... not just when he is gone so get on it! But I am glad he is there. After much delay... yesterday was my brothers last day in the Corps. Thank god. I love my military but I am glad to have him back. SO how was your last few weeks of work? Was it sad to leave?

Lindy- Love you!

I went shopping. Clean food. Now I am cleaning. Feels good. I was so mad at myself last night. No Davey today so I get a nice quiet uneventful day =)
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:06 pm

AJ- It just shows up "Admin".. That's you, right? haha. So glad your brother is finished and you have him home. i can't wait for this to all be over with. and yes.. you are right. I have to make it my life. Diets don't work.. lifestyle changes do. Thanks=)

Sandy- I understand. Life is hectic. Glad to see you

Lindy- I still have to call you lindy.. haha. I'm so use to it. I can't change now. haha.

Which made me realize.. What is everyone's name? I'm so use to calling you by your user names.. but I feel closer to you all than that. I'm really bad with names but I will learn.

By the way.. You guys can find me on facebook Denise Gaffney -cincinnati, ohio
I will still be on here ofcourse. But I check that for quick updates of people and plus i love the pictures=)

see ya's later
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty Back at ya ;-)

Post  mygrits Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 pm

AJ thank-you for being so understanding, and I hopefully will check in more often than that, as I need yours and all the other chicks support ;-) You sound so focused and doing so well. I am so proud of you! I remember when life was throwing curve balls at you before your move and after, but you stayed strong. Your hubby is a luck man Very Happy

What is up with Neesy? Is she doing the Traveling Nurse work that she mentioned months ago?

Dance Costa Rica is so beautiful and I too envy your vacation. Your living my dreams, so send lots of pics! I have friends that have lots of acres in the mountains down there and the pictures they have shown me are just breathtaking. I hope your trip is wonderful.

Vicky I am so sorry to hear about your back, and pray the shot alleviates the pain. I can't imagine how it must be hurting and how aggrevating that must be for you. If I can do anything, please let me know. Keep us posted are your progress too!

Lindy your party sounds awesome that you are planning. Where are you having it? Can I crash it? LOL........Just joking, but hey your never know - I do live close! LOL........... Laughing

AJ you have a great memory!! Wow! The restaurant is still sitting in Georgia, and know we aren't there.......LOL. Bubba has gotten alot of information ready for it, but we don't have the funds to move on it. Since losing all our savings, etc... either he will have to find someone to back us, which he probably won't do (too proud), or we will have to just wait and see what happens down the road. I, myself and not stressing over it, because it just wears me down anymore. I am just working and slowly trying to pay old debt off. Thanks for asking though, and if anything develops I will let you know.

Well, today is my last day off until next weekend, so I am heading out to get crickets for our adopted pet, dog food for the German Shephard, cream for my coffee and oh, going to see if I can find Ali Vincents book. Burgund got me interested in that one ;-)
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 pm

AJ-miles tomorrow?? I'm gonna do at least 2, hopefully more. Maybe Dance will get a run in in Costa Rica, that lucky girl. Come clean my house now, I have seriously neglected it since I got back from AL, so not like me.

Dance-I got up at 845 today so I will work on getting up earlier and make you proud Laughing

Maddiesmom-glad you checked in, how are you feeling today??

Neesy-Have fun with your husband this weekend but dont go totally off track. Glad you joined us here, if it werent for you we probably wouldnt have all come together. My "real" name is Allison, you'll probably learn everyones now with facebook.

Sandy-glad you decided to come here and chat with us, even if you dont participate in the challenge we still love you and want to know how you are doing(even though we talk everyday)

Lindy-I think all of us felt that way about the forum to a certain degree. Glad this is just for us.

Got myself some healthy snacks today. I am addicted to those damn cuties now!!! They are so good. Gonna get my miles in tomorrow. Gonna weigh in tomorrow too, yikes, probably not gonna be at 200 like I want but oh well, just gotta move forward right.

Gonna go finish watching The Proposal and going to see Avatar tomorrow. Cant wait to see it but dont really want to just sit there for 3 hours. I MIGHT have some popcorn but not sure yet??

Wonder if Staccie had popcorn at the movies?

Goodnight to all you wonderful women!!! Sleep
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi there...

I just got home and cooked, cleaned and all that fun stuff. I wrote a post earlier but I think it went bye somewhere so forgive me if this one is short...

Had a good workout, a busy day. Tomorrow is just the same. I slept way too long today and I've felt groggy all damn day!

I haven't given into any bad stuff today despite my indulgence last night Smile I smelled a lot when I was at the arena...but it smelled gross. Except the mini donuts..but my ass tightened up when I walked by and that was a sign that it's no good Smile

I see we now have Neesy, Burgandy, AJ, Lindy, Sandy, Dance, Vicky - so awesome!!!

Is this forum closed so others can't read it? I always worry about that.

I can't remember what else I wrote...

I saw the Lovely Bones yesterday, and I was very disappointed. I read the book and it was fantastic and this movie was not - maybe if I hadn't read the book it would have been ok. I wish I would have spent that two hours with something else!!

I wore my jeans tonight that would not even really go up just before Christmas...felt good. Of course I have a long way to go but at least I can really see and feel it and it keeps me motivated. Now just that Olympic uniform!!!

I didn't eat too much today as I woke up late. I had some special K and a shake before the gym, turkey bacon, eggs, tomato after the gym, a shake later and then some porkchops and nuts in the evening. I never eat enough on the weekend...

I hope I get in a better workout tomorrow morning than I did today. I went at lunch time and it was too busy and I always work out better in the morning. Tomorrow is leg and ass day...ouch!!!

I posted some pics on facebook of the Olympics stuff...will continue to post as I go along. We move into our venue in about two weeks!!! I want to take lots of pictures so I can savor the moments that I know will pass me by because I am so busy!!

Burgandy - I did have popcorn...wish I didn't but I did. I felt sick after eating it.
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Sandy- I am happy to have you in my life at all.

Rayne- How was the proposal? Good? Also I am in for 2 but not more. I can't do more than that. My energy level is so low on south beach diet. =(

Staccie- I am working on making it closed to just us now. Its possible I just can't figure it out. LOL.

I am doing well today. Kind of feeling tummy sick though. My dad and my brother are on their way home to Denver and its striking up all kinds of emotions for me. I spent a lot of time on the Marine Corps base. I fought blazing fires on that base. Awwwe sad that another chapter in my life is closed.
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Staccie-everyone else is cleaning, I need to get off my arse and clean my house. You are too funny about the mini donuts, glad your ass is keeping you in line. Yay for fitting into your jeans. How is the Olympics uniform fitting now?? Glad u are posting Olympic pictures so we can go on this journey with you, even if its only virtually.

AJ-I didnt finish the Proposal, talked to my sisters and best friend last night too long and just went to bed after that.

Ok AJ I walked 2 miles and rode the stationary bike a mile today. The pups wanna get outside so may take them on a short walk before dark.

How is this Sunday going for everyone else?? Everyone staying on the right track? flower
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Forgot, I weighed today. I'm at 202 Mad Oh well.

Should we invite Tiff to join us here??
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Post  ajowens Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I am @ 160. 5 more to go before I am back to my last month weight and 10 more and I will be at my Valentines goal!!
ajowens
ajowens

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:16 pm

AJ-we knew you could do it. Lets do these next 5 together. You'll be at 155 and I'll be at 197. We can do it girl!!!!

I walked another mile with my little terrors. They wanted to go further but I am a wimp in the cold.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty Hey girls!

Post  tifftiff1985 Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey everyone...AJ invited me on facebook today, and can I say it couldn't have come at a better time. I had a total binge today, and I am not normally a binger I dont think anyways. I'm talking snickers, doritos, whoppers, and repeat. I felt like total crap when I woke up and still do. I was down to my lowest weight in a long time (286) which is almost my all time low. In the days leading up to that weigh in, I kept telling myself that it wouldn't be like the other times. Where I get down to a low weight and then get off the program and gain 5-10 back and repeat over and over and over. So what did I do? I did it again. I don't understand why I keep doing this!!!! Tomorrow is a new day and I will fix what I did. I have a goal of 270 for my best friends wedding, and I am still on track to get to it. I started losing again like Dec 14 and I lost 22 lbs in just over a month. I am pretty thrilled with that. My husband and I are doing a 5k on the 30th for the local humane society, so that is a pretty huge goal to meet by the end of the month. So, the point of telling you girls all that, if that I may not have been posting on 3FC, but I haven't been off the wagon (until today). My excuse it that I rarely get on my personal computer. I always post on facebook from my phone and read my personal e-mail from my phone as well. And 3fc is a pain in the butt to read from my phone. And for anyone the wrote on my wall on facebook, well I can't even respond to wall postings from my phone! That is quite annoying, cause I read them and would like to respond but can't and then forget to once I actually get on the computer.

Anyways, thanks for thinking of me AJ. I will try my absolute best to keep up with you girls on here. Like usual, this was a me me me post, just to let you girls know where I am at. I will try to get better at being supportive!!! I really do love you guys and appreciate all the support and motivation you guys give even if I'm not the best at showing it.
tifftiff1985
tifftiff1985

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey gals!
Just a quick note to say hi from our mountain lodge in Costa Rica! We´re having a great time and getting lots of exercise (ex. 3 hr walk before!!! breakfast this morning). Not eating perfect but trying to pick fruits and veggies whenever I can.

Mygrits, tifftiff, neesy - it´s great to see you guys on here! So glad we have the gang all together and as a relatively recent member, I´m sort of honored that you guys included me Smile

lindy - I too am stuck calling you that - hope you don´t mind too much!

burgundy - way to go on the early start!

Will write again soon - hope there´s lots of good news to catch up on when I log in again Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Buddies - Page 2 Empty Sunday.............;-9

Post  mygrits Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Chicka's......It's Sunday Shocked

Ok, work was yuk, and I am glad to be home, HOWEVER I ate crap on the way home. I guess I felt stressed from a long day and knowing there are five more like it...lol. Anyway, it is so great to read how awesome all of you all are doing.

AJ way to go on the weight loss, you are really turned your life around and I am so proud of you. Gosh girl, you are sooooo close!!! You will blow that Valentines goal BIGTIME! I love you

Dance, wow I am very envious of you being on vacation and moutain climbing. That is something I have always wanted to do. I think with the elevation hiking and all you are doing, no matter what you eat, you will burn it off! Keep up posted and load some pics if you can Very Happy

Tiff, good to hear from you. I am sorry you had some binging today, but you realized it, and tomorrow is a new day. Set a valentines goal of 180, and let us help you reach it!

Burgund, I am so proud of your walking, and more walking. I have truly slacked, but tomorrow is it and I am refocused no matter what my work hours!!!!!

Ok, I am in the contest I guess........I decided starting tomorrow I will only weigh once a week at Publix, which is our grocery store here that has a large scale in view of everyone......LOL Shocked I have a scale at home, but I seem to get addicted to weighing everyday and then the emotions from that make me wishy/washy with my eating. Anyway, I will weigh tomorrow on the way to work and then write on here when I get home tomorrow night to let you know what it says. I know it is up again.........ugh! AJ are you logging everyones stats?

Bye for now.

Sandy
mygrits
mygrits

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum