Weight Loss Buddies

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Weight Loss Buddies

Post  dancerindenver on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:41 am

Neesy - it's looking pretty quiet out there besides the two of us. Hope the others will check in soon! I'm heading out to go shopping in a bit (with a big goodwill dropoff on the way to the stores). What are you up to today?

To answer your weigh-in question, I tend to weigh myself daily when I'm being really focused and more like once a week when I'm taking a maintenance break. Whatever keeps you motivated - I don't think there's one right answer at all.

Hope you all are doing great out there!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi girls!

Where is everyone else, looks like its just Neesy and Dance. I have been busy, worked all day Thursday, had to go out of town for dog food today, the place I usually get it only had senior, my pups are only 2. Gonna have the boys at 4 pm tomorrow until 4pm or later Monday. There dad texted to see if they could come over tonight to play my wii if I wanted to watch them, that was at 6 so it would have been about 7 or 8. Then he probably would have gone out drinking so they would be here all night. I had to tell him no, not gonna watch them 46 hours. Their mom is out of town and he wanted to try to take advantage of the situation. No need to reply, just needed to vent.

neesy-I need to get to the gym too, havent been since wednesday. Hopefully I can make it there in the morning or go for a walk. If not, the boys dad has a weight machine and an ab lounger I can use.

Dance-yay for your 1 lb and walking 5 miles. I walk with my husbands aunt and we are gonna try to shoot for 20 miles a week. I only got 10 in this week. The scale hasnt moved for me, I have been working out, but then my eating hasnt been great so I am maintaining right now, gotta get a grip on the eating part.

I probably wont be back until Monday night or Tuesday. Love and willpower to you all.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Rayne- I'm proud of you! I'm such a pushover sometimes and I'll just say.. okay... Glad to see you didn't let him take advantage!

Dance-I slept ALL day. Now I'm going to be up all night doing nothing. I got some books from the library so I'll do that. I love reading and it's been sooo long since I had a chance to read for my pleasure rather than school. Get anything good today?

I'm down 4lbs since my husband left march 2nd. I gained 10 while he was here. I really want to get in the 170s so I'm gonna push myself. 181 was my lowest, then i maintained at 183 for a few months, then my husband came and I got up to 193! I really need to quit eating whatever and throwing my plan out the window we I am around him. I'm down to 189.0 as of today. I feel like this is going to be a lifelong battle. that sucks.
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/neesy_20#/profile.php?ref=profile&id

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 am

Howdy girls! Don't forget about the time change today...

Neesy - congrats for dropping those 4lbs so quickly! Maybe once you're with your hubby for the long term again, it will get a little easier to stay on plan. When you only get those short times together, I would think it would be extra hard to follow any kind of program. What do you think your goal weight will be? You were looking so slim in the last pictures you posted so I was just curious. What are you reading? I could use some good recommendations for my next library trip. I'm a big mystery fan, mainly. Reading in the bathtub is my favorite way to avoid the evening munchies.

burgundy - so glad you stood your ground with the boys' dad. That really sounds like a tough situation with the parents. Sorry you have to be involved at all. Good for you having such an aggressive walking goal - I think that sounds great.

I need to go back to the old house to shampoo the carpets today and I'll probably spend some time unpacking boxes and trying to find places for everything around here. I'm planning on getting in a walk or run too if my knee is up for it. Food plan is two eggs for breakfast, mangoes for snack, six inch subway for lunch, chili over brown rice and salad for dinner.

What are you guys up to?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Girlfriends!

Wow, you all ROCK! I am sooooooooo impressed with the motivation, energy and might I add weightloss?? LOL.......

Neesy so good to see you on here. I have been watching and sometimes writing on Facebook and know the last month has been quite tough for you. It sounds like all is coming together for you and your husband. I know you will have a whole new adventure in Korea. You must load pics for us regularly!!! Congrates on the 4lbs. I am sure the rest will fall off fast.

Maddiesmom good lord you are kicking a** with your weight loss!!!!!! You have almost caught up with me and now I know I need to move, move, move!!!!!! I am so happy for you. You are my hero Very Happy

Dance 5 miles???? Really? Good grief and I moan at 2 miles......LOL. You have had so much going on with the houses and to know you are still working out is awesome. Congratulations to you to my girl on your weightloss. You really are a leader Smile

Burgund I am so impressed that your husband is walking with you. That is great! It is so much easier if you have a partner to work with and lose with. I wish my husband would, but after trying to so many years, I just let him do his thing. If he ever wants to workout, I would welcome it!!

Well, work is all I do - atleast it seems that way.....lol. As you can tell it's my day off and I am playing catch-up.......again. I hope to work out, but we will see. I am sitting here is my workout clothes, so maybe that will help. I love exercising, but I hardly do anymore because my right heel hurts most of the time from standing at work. It all does suck! Anyway I have maintained my weightloss, and just need to keep going. I did eat at night last week do to Tom, but have a better handle on it now. I am sorry I haven't been on here daily. I will try to do better, but with working at night, I am pooped when I get home. Next month will be busier because we are going to start doing work on the house. My son and his wife are moving out on the 29th of this month, and we are then going to start cleaning, painting and doing the carpets upstairs and work our way downstairs. Hey more calories burned..........right? LOL

I will check in later today. Love you all Very Happy
mygrits
mygrits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Ladies,

Neesy: Glad to hear you are back on track...hope you hear about Korea soon. Will you be selling your home or are you keeping it for your return? Just curious, wasn't sure how that worked.

Dance: You are kicking butt with working out plus all the physical labor involved in having 2 houses right now. You are doing awesome!

Burgundy: Sorry you were put in the "I want to take advantage of you situation." Glad you stuck your ground and said no. If he's home, he should spend some quality time with his kids. You can vent to us any time! Smile

I'm doing well. Still working out 6 days a week - this is the 3rd week in a row that I've done it. Trained with Mr. Hott today and he kicked my butt yet again. He's really challenging me in the workouts, which I love since I want this weight off! He did measurements again today and my BMI went down 3 points in the last month. Can't beat that! I'm at 212 right now (down 1 from last week). Feeling good and getting used to the smaller meals and working out a ton.

Question for you...

Mr. Hott is leaving the gym I attend (which I knew was happening) and moving to another facility. Now, work will still pay for this new gym if I choose to move, but it's further from my house, they aren't open 24/7 like the one I go to (they're only open until 5 on the weekends) and this place seems more upscale (not in price, but appearance) but they don't have the same # of machines, etc. that my current gym has. Now I am wondering, do I move to the new gym? My concern is the hours of operation, the availability of machines, etc. I love working out with Mr. Hott, but I'm not sure if I should move or not. He's a great trainer and has given me a lot, but I just don't know. What do you think?!?
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

maddiesmom - hmm, that's a tough one. One option would be to stay where you are for a few months, try a new trainer, and see if you feel like you're getting the same benefits (or roughly comparable) as you did with Mr. Hott. If not, you could always switch then. Shorter hours and a longer drive both seem like pretty significant negatives to me. I'm so impressed by your six days a week workout schedule - you are a superstar!

mygrits - so nice to hear from you! Have you tried those gel cushion inserts in your work shoes to help with your heel? I've heard good things. Sounds like you are going to be super busy with all the house projects - definitely good exercise though! Lots of luck!

I walked five miles again with the girls and have been unpacking and organizing up a storm. Am going to go collapse into a bath and get myself undusty for a change. Closing is on Thursday - just counting the days now... Just realized that I am at my lowest weight in 7 years right now - kind of a nice feeling. Hope you all are having a lazy but skinny Sunday!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 am

Grits- sounds like you are, and are going to be very busy! I'm sure you will be burning some calories with everything you have planned! Don't feel bad about the gym. I'm not working and still haven't managed to go regularly! I will definitely post pictures once I get there. Hopefully it will go quicker and I'll get there so I can quit worrying. I have a list of things to do a mile long before I go though=(

Dance-Wow. You're motivation is inspiring. I love that you walk 5 miles like it's nothing! And to be motivated to organize too! You go girl! Enjoy that bath! I read mostly romance or thriller books. I just read the great gatsby again.. it was my favorite from when I was in school. I'm picking up some more from the library. One is called moth to a flame. I think it's a romance book. I may read the twilight books because that's what everyone talks about, though I didn't like the movie.

Maddiesmom- You are just cruising along and working so hard. You are going to be in the 1's in no time. I agree with dance. Those are some big negatives. I would try a new trainer at your current gym and see how it goes first. If it doesn't work for you, then you could always switch. Oh. and we just rent an apartment right now. We are on a month to month lease. So we can leave at anytime. Which works for us with all of this army business. Some army wives buy homes and sell them with each move. That seems like it would be a mess with the housing market the way it is. Others will just stay in the house they bought while their husband moves... which I think would be bad too. How lonely! It seems to be very hard to own your own home when in the military. We're only doing 3yrs and he's getting out. Hoping to save up while he's in and be able to buy one once he gets out. The only question remains.. where to live? My husband wants to move back to tucson. I guess we'll see!

Ok.. so its official. Today is the start of no caffeine. I am addicted to diet coke and it must stop! I'm going to follow a low glycemic diet also. Higher fiber/more water/low carbs, etc. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and this is recommended for people with PCOS to help lose weight and boost fertility. We've been trying for years and years to become pregnant. I really think that losing weight will help matters. So, this new way of eating will decrease my insulin resistance which should help. Exercising also helps. So, I really need to do something atleast once a day, even if it is in my living room for 30 minutes. I can do this! I feel so determined and motivated. I really want to be able to give my husband a child. This was the main reason for me to lose weight in the first place. I went to my doctor last year... at 241 lbs and he told me that basically my infertility coincided with my weight. He also told me that if I were to get pregnant at that moment.. I could get up to 300lbs with pregnancy! That scared the heck out of me.

That brings me to another question, I'm sure we've covered this before. But what was it that sparked you to want to lose weight and get serious about it? Was there one incident or thing that happened that made you really determined?

Well.. I've been up all night long webchatting with my hubby. Going to bed now. Ttyl!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 am

morning, gals! This weekend seemed to go by so fast - so much to do - I'm not ready to head to the office already. At least I have some cute work clothes that fit now after my shopping expedition on Saturday. There's nothing less flattering than a suit with a baggy butt Smile No exercise planned today but foodwise, I'm thinking: b: 2 eggs, snack: raspberries, l: chicken breast, green beans, apple, d: leftover chili again, clementines for a snack.

neesy - It sounds like losing weight is a big help with pcos. I don't know much about it - I'll have to do some reading as I'm curious - it seems pretty common. You've made such incredible progress since you started - it's kind of amazing. And I vote for your ending up in Tucson - I really like it there!

As far as what got me motivated this time, that's a good question (there have been so many times, why this one worked is another interesting question but I'd say a big chunk of the credit goes to you girls!!). I think it was my bf getting into a particularly bad funk and deciding to take that opportunity to focus on myself instead of worrying about him for a change. And needing to wear a strapless dress in my friend's wedding gave me a reality check that apparently I really needed.

I'll check in later on - hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 am

Neesy: I can't believe your doctor told you that you would be 300 pounds when pregnant. What usually happens is that "bigger" women don't gain as much during their pregnancy. Now, I didn't have PCOS, but I was over 260 pounds when I got pregnant and I only gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy. My doctor never said anything about my weight before, during or after my pregnancy. Now, I'm no doctor, but I know there are other contributing factors that affect fertility, but I think it bugs me when doctors pinpoint it on weight.

As for the reason I'm losing weight this time...I just wasn't happy. I have been overweight my entire life, and when I had Madeline, I realized that I needed to do something. I didn't want to be the "Fat mom" that couldn't keep up with her kids. So, I decided to do something about it...and started losing.

Grits: Good luck with the home renovations! That will definitely be a workout! I want new flooring soooo bad, but don't have the funds to do it yet. No big tax return to help us out this year since Matt and I were both unemployed last year.

Dance Great job on the 5 miles...you are rocking! I always find walking is better with companions...I get too bored doing it alone. Good thing there are tv's on each piece of cardio equipment so I keep my mind busy.

Thanks for the suggestions on the trainer. The only problem is that there is a "revolving door" of trainers at this gym, they are constantly coming and going. I think there are maybe 2 trainers other than Mr. Hott that have been there more than a year. Most of them are cocky men in their early 20's. I don't know... My hubby said that maybe I should try a trial membership at the other place and see how it goes. He thought maybe Mr. Hott could give me a week free or something to check it out. Guess we'll have to see...
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Ladies,

Neesy I am excited for you seeing Korea and possibly other parts of the world! Oh, and all of us taking the trip with you through reading your emails on here and pictures Very Happy Three years will go by quickly and who knows, maybe he will decide to stay in longer. My daughter and her husband are considering as after one year she is making an incredible income, plus the enormous benefits and $80,000 in GI for college. You should get that too! Anyway good luck today on the no caffiene. I started yesterday and am sipping Green Tea as I write this. Ugh, it's not the same as my caffiene.... Crying or Very sad

Oh, your question in what started me to lose weight?? It began many years ago when my sister passed of breast cancer and knowing being obese up my risk greatly. I didnt' lose alot until a few years ago when I decided to give the weight loss battle one more try and I learned to love myself more. At that point I wanted to lose to be the best I could be, feel good about myself, and be as healthy as I could be. I decided I lived life mostly overweight and unhappy with 'me' and it was far time I love life, do the things I always wanted to do, and be happy within my own skin. I went from 270 lbs to 180 lbs. Yes, I put some back on from stress of my father-in-law dying of cancer, but I am on my way back down again.

Maddiesmom you are just so dang awesome! LOL.......six days a week...all I can say is WOW Shocked As far as Mr. Hott I would try another trainer, but if it doesn't click between you (you should know farily quickly) then by all means go with what works and move to the other gym. There are many good trainers though, so hopefully there will be one at the gym your at that you like.

Dance I know you are feeling good in your new outfits and smaller sizes. Congratulations! I know you will also feel great unloading one house the end of this week! LOL.......Bye the way, good job on the walking.

Well, today is back to work....or I should say tonight. My hours are 12 to 8 which kindof kills they afternoon and evenings. My daughter and her husband are suppose to come by some time today, so hopefully I will be able to see them. He moved his belongings down this past week and is no longer working in Wisconsin. His plan is to look on base for a job as a firefighter. Hopefully it will all work out.

Ok, today I am going to do some floor exercises before work. I wanted to walk but can take that chance with my heel. Oh, Dance, yes I have the gel and it really helped when I got it months ago. I wouldn't be able to walk without it. Unfortunately it isn't enough to alleviate all pain. I think my next purchase is a bike. If I can walk then dang it I will ride!! LOL.......

Bye for now.
mygrits
mygrits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am

oooh - you guys are being so good with the no caffeine stuff! Not me, unfortunately. I'm way way better than I was around 15yrs ago when I could go through a six pack daily of diet coke. I have a cup of coffee in the morning and a diet coke with lunch two or three times a week. So it's not out of control but definitely could be better. My grits - I'm with you on the green tea! Neesy - what are you going to drink instead? Just water? I have such a hard time only drinking water, unless I just finished exercising or something. I keep telling myself that I'll work on lowering the caffeine and increasing water once I reach goal - kind of lame, I know Wink

I hope tifftiff checks in at some point! I'm assuming lindy and aj are pretty much at goal these days - is that what you guys have heard if you've been chatting with them on fb?
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Dance: I "stalked" Lindy on FB just to see how she was doing. She said that she is happy where she is at, which is why she isn't checking in as much. AJ, I'm not sure. I know she said she was giving up social networking for Lent, but I've seen her on FB here and there. Not sure where's she's at these days.

Giving up caffeine is hard...I had major headaches when I gave up my morning coffee habit. Not to mention I did it cold turkey. I've totally given up soda, so I don't have it at all...even diet soda. I drink a TON of water, and when I go out to eat I have water or I have a lemonade. I've decided that I don't want to drink my calories, so it's mainly water for me. I don't like Crystal Lite because of the artificial sweetener giving me a headache. I had a cup of coffee this morning, but that's because I'm totally and completely exhausted. Lost an hour this weekend and the workouts Mr. Hott has me doing is totally draining.

So, after thinking about it, I have decided to take a trial membership at the new gym. I think I want to stick with Mr. Hott because he knows my past medical history and works with his cousin (a physical therapist) to make workouts that won't injure my back and my knees. I had other personal trainers who knew about my injuries and still had me doing workouts that did more damage. Thanks for the advice though! If it doesn't work out at the new gym, perhaps I'll work with Mr. Hott to meet me and we'll do workouts outside or something when the weather gets warm (he's doing in-house training, but I live too far). We'll have to see how it works out.
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:07 am

maddiesmom - keep us posted on what you think of the new gym - curious to hear. I hope staccie decides to come back and visit but I know she's busy thinking about her move.

what are you ladies up to today? I'm working from home and need to pick up a few things from the old house at lunch and run a few errands but nothing exciting. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm sort of out of it today - the dog I'm dogsitting ate something that didn't agree with her and I had to keep letting her out every hour or so all night. Hope you guys are perkier than I am!
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree with dance. I really couldn't have come this far without all of you. You are all so motivating and I am so proud!!!

Dance-Wow... that really sucks. every hour?! omg. I take mine out twice a day and it's a pain in the butt! I couldn't imagine. Hope you can catch up with ur rest. For me, I ran a ton of errands today and now I'm exhausted- not as much as you I bet! I picked up that book from the library so I may start reading that tonight. I've just been drinking water so far. I have a cup of juice every once and a while. I've had the worse headache! But.. it has to get better soon.

Maddiesmom- Maybe you should stick with what you know..in regard to your trainer. the revolving door of trainers would suck. I hate getting use to someone and then having to start over. If you don't mind the distance, then go for it. Oh.. and yeah. I really hate the fact that doctors always say my weight is to blame. I REALLY hate it when... they describe a patient as OBESE (in a note or something) at like 160lbs! That's annoying. I guess bmi wise.. someone technically could be. But.. still! That's just ridiculous.

Grits- Thanks. I'm glad your daughter is enjoying it. We are definitely looking forward to that GI bill. That was the main reason he signed up. We both want to go back to school. Our plan is for me to go back to school full time when we get back to the states. He work and do school part time until I'm done. I want to be a CRNA- nurse anesthetist. I don't think he'll chose to stay in.. but you never know. You have been doing awesome. I'm so sorry about your losses. It's nice to see that you made positive changes for yourself. I really feel like YOU have to decide to make the change. No one else can make the decision for you. I hope your son-in-law gets the firefighter position! What a great job. And don't work too hard... those hours suck. I will be thinking of you.

Not much going on in my world. Just waiting.. somewhat patiently for this paperwork. My husband and I's anniversary is tomorrow. And our birthday's are on the 28th and 30th. So.. we're missing alot of days where we are normally together celebrating. But.. I'm hopeful that it will go quickly. My husband is staying on them this time so there are no excuses! I feel so much better.. even with the headache.. not having any caffeine. I have been doing well with my calorie intake. It's really hard to do a low carb diet especially since I don't like to eat a lot of meat anyway. So.. doesnt leave a whole lot of options. I kind of sleep sporadically throughout the day because I try to be up at night to talk to my husband and during the day to run errands. So.. I just sleep here and there. I don't think this is good on my metabolism. Speaking of sleep.. here I go. Talk to you all later!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 am

Hi /Girls,

Dance I see Lindy on FB daily, and she is doing good. Busy with Gabbie, guys and other stuff. She is exercising, as she has been writing about running and the gym. AJ I have seen on FB too a few times a week writing Lindy, or about other stuff. Tiff I saw on there about a week or so ago with pictures of a house (I think).

Dance sorry about your long night. Hopefully today you and the pooch can get a quick nap in Smile Caffiene can be tough, especially when you enjoy it more than on ocassion. I remember the first time I gave it up when I drank coffee, diet cokes and tea.......oh did I suffer with headaches and jitters for a week! Twisted Evil Needless to say I wasn't pleasant to be around! LOL..

Maddiesmom I think you are correct on staying with Mr Hott since he knows your history. It is tough to find a good fit with coaches, teachers, etc.. and it sounds like you both work well together. Let us know how the new gym is!

Neesy I have thought about you alot lately and know you are looking forward to getting out of here! Are the dogs going? If so, how long is quarantine? Well, my son will be joining the Army in a few weeks, so who knows......maybe he and his wife will be in Korea! LOL........I'll let you know.

Work......well my days are limited I think. There are so many head games, and moodiness with the boss that I just don't think I can take it much longer. She is bipolar, or maybe just on too many meds, but from week to week it can be a rollercoaster and sometimes daily. The first few months I was warned by other women there, but just did my thing, however the last couple of months it is impossible to avoid. So I have told myself to hang on as long as I can stand it and then leave. My feet won't mind that's for sure!

My weight hasn't changed, but I know it is because I haven't been working out. If I had been 'moving more' I feel sure it would have dropped. I have the next two days off, so I am going to hit the pavement whether my feet hurt or not!

Check in tonight. Hey, where's Burgund????
mygrits
mygrits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddiesmom on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:20 am

Well, I splurged last night more than I have in months!!! It was a going away party for one of my bosses and it was at this really nice steakhouse. I had a cosmo to drink, then here's the food (I gotta tell you, so I'm honest with you and myself about how much I ate): Shrimp cocktail (2 shrimp with chipotle sauce), flemings salad with cranberries and walnuts, 8 oz filet mignon with au grautin potatoes and asparagus, Dessert: turtle pie, which was super rich and good!

No work out yesterday, since I was technically "working," I didn't leave until almost 9:00. Didn't even get to see Madeline last night! Sad Missed my little girl terribly. I'm back on the wagon today, and working out tonight. Then, it's workout time with Mr. Hott tomorrow night.

Sandy: So sorry things are not going well at work. I try to stay away from the company gossip until I experience it myself. Hope you can find something else to do that isn't so hard on your body and your mind!

Neesy: Any indication of how long it will take for your paperwork to get through so you can go to Korea? I guess you being a night owl now isn't a bad thing...at least you are getting used to the time change, so when you move to Korea it won't be such a huge shock with the time change.

Hope everyone is doing well. What is everyone's plans for the day?
Maddiesmom
Maddiesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 am

howdy, girls!

maddiesmom - glad you enjoyed your treat night! Sounds yummy! How's your eating today so far?

mygrits - thanks for the updates on the others. Hope we hear from Burgundy and Staccie soon! And luckily the dog I was watching is back with her owner as of yesterday afternoon so I got to catch up on sleep last night! Sorry work stuff is tough right now - I know how hard that can be on your state of mind. With your great skills and background, I'm sure there will be something out there that will be perfect but I'm glad you have a paycheck in the meantime. Do you have any exercise options (like swimming or floormat based exercises?) that would give your feet a break? Hope so!

neesy - such a bummer about the caffeine withdrawal headaches! When I went through it, I remember being really glad that caffeine was the worst/strongest thing I was addicted to. I feel so bad for the people that have to fight other addictions - must be incredibly tough. Sorry you and your hubby won't be together for your anniversary - is it a tough day so far? And what fun stuff do you have planned for your b-day? Do you have some good girlfriends around to go for a pedicure with or something like that?

All is chugging along here. My closing is tomorrow (yay!) so that will be a big relief. Weight is stuck at 167 but I'm trying to stick to plan and keep exercising. May sneak in a run this afternoon as the weather is super nice - 60s and sunny! My bf's coming over for dinner and I'm probably going to do fish, veggies and quinoa.

Hope you all are doing well...
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey Girls,

Yes, I'm home Very Happy Well today was bizarre at work...........very busy, but I have the next two days off to catch up on things and work out, so I am excited. Thank you for your words of kindness and encouragement. I am going to slowly look around for something else part-time, and also start working on here for our home business. In the meantime, I will just keep working there.

Food has been good and I have a new love......Jillians Michael Whey Protein. It is delicous and very filling. I have never been a fan of Protein Drinks, but thought I would try hers, since it is all natural with no fake stuff. I love it. The chocolote I mix with a 1/2 of frozen banana, some almonds and 8oz of coconut milk. Delicous! I have mixed with water and it is just as good. The vanilla I also do the milk, banana and also strawberries. Yummy!

Neesy I hope your headaches are better. Just remember each day is easier. Happy Anniversary!!!

Dance glad you got rest and congratulations on tomorrows closing. I know you are excited!!!

Maddiesmom you deserve the endulgement and also it may very well kick start your weight loss. Changing up foods can do that!!

Till tomorrow.
mygrits
mygrits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgundyrayne on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Hey girls. I havent been home much the last 4 days. Kept the boys 26 hr from 4pm Sunday to 6pm Monday, came home from 6pm to midnight, went back over til 5pm Tuesday, came home til midnight last night, went back over and got home around 530 today. I'm hoping they dont need me for a few days. She is off now all weekend so many that means I will be too. I want to sleep in my bed in my own house for a while. My poor pups missed me too, they get so excited when I come home. I've kinda been slacking on all parts(eating and exercising) the last few days but plan to get right back in the game tomorrow. Just relaxing tonight. I never sleep well over there. Hope you are all doing good. I will be back tomorrow.
burgundyrayne
burgundyrayne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown Eyed Staccie on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:03 am

Hi all...sorry I'm not checking in often...I'm sick again - argh and with work and stuff I'm just overwhelmed...sad Sad And I've been doing bad, bad, bad...I don't know how to get back on track again - at all Sad

As of next Tuesday I won't have a computer for a few weeks...not sure if I can get this on my blackberry or not - I hope so.

I really need the support of you all...I'm stuck in this cycle of overeating and it's bad Sad

Sorry to be so self-centered
Brown Eyed Staccie
Brown Eyed Staccie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:31 am

staccie - sorry things are so tough right now. we will definitely help you get back on track. This is all about baby steps, right? You don't have to be 100% perfect to make progress. You know how much better you feel when you are eating cleaner. Can you get a friend to pick up some easy to eat/prepare fruits and veggies and some healthy chicken soup for you if you're too sick to get out? And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can get this on bb - it's not perfect but it works, so try to stay in touch. Just think - in a few weeks you'll be in Edmonton, right? Starting a new exciting life! Can't wait to hear all about it. And lots of luck with the moving process...

burgundy - nice to have you back! sounds like you've been working like crazy - hope you are free for a bit. are we on for miles today? I could use some extra motivation to get in a run (or maybe walk). I twisted an ankle a bit yesterday (no biggee) when I stumbled on the stairs carrying something so not sure if it will let me run.

mygrits - your shakes sound yummy! what are you going to do today with your day off?

I'm up early and planning on getting in a few hours of work before heading to the closing. Will check in later...
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neesy_20 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks girls. My anniversary wasn't too bad. I got to talk to my husband a lot. I slept most of the day too. This is day 4 of no caffeine.. and I have been exhausted! Sleeping 18hrs a day and every muscle in my body is sore. It's getting ridiculous. I just woke up and I feel a little more energized so hopefully my body is getting use to it now. I'm now down 6 of the 10lbs I gained. I'm hoping to lose 20lbs in little over 10weeks. I think this is doable.. I just have to step it up. I want to look good in a bathing suit for the first time EVER. haha

Sandy-I will be taking my dogs with me to korea. There is no quarantine anymore for them.. so thats a plus. Though, it is costing alot to take them, but I can't live without them. haha. Your protein shake sounds sooo delicious! You had my mouth watering!

Maddiesmom- I don't know how long the paperwork will take. They say it takes 7 business days to process.. Then I could possibly be over there within a week after approval. So once I get approval, everything will go quickly. But who knows how long it will take really.

Rayne- get your much needed sleep girl! Glad to see you back

Staccie- Hope you feel better girl. I know you've been working soo hard. Try and get some rest! We'll be here for you when you can get back.

Dance- good luck with your closing! So happy for you!
Neesy_20
Neesy_20

Back to top Go down

Post  mygrits on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello and wow does it feel good to be home!! Oh my gosh I could so easily retire again.....LOL. Dance my day has been great so far. I was lazy and slept in until 10am, then did some computer work, laundry and FINALLY went for a jog/walk (did both). It felt soooo good to exercise, get my heart rate up, have flushed red checks and tingling in the legs. LOL.......It was weird but my heel would hurt a bit went walking, but when I jogged it didn't hurt anymore. Quite strange. I did take some coconut water with me for the potassium boast thinking that would help also.

Neesy hooray for the dogs!!!!!!!!!!! I could leave my Hondo behind either - no way. I am so glad they are going and I hope your paperwork moves along quickly. How is your husband liking it? Hey, do you drink green tea? That seems to have really helped me get over the caffiene funk. Your 20 lb loss is very doable and congratulations on the extra 2lb loss!!

Burgund awwwwww sorry for the crazy schedule, and I too hope you are home sleeping in your bed tonight.

Dance I did the 2 miles, so I am expecting you to catch up!!! Come on girlfriend!! LOL.......

Staccie sorry your down and not feeling well, but listen to Dance, she is right. Get some healthy foods in you, some warm soup, vitamin C and maybe some Elderberry or Echinecia - great for the immune system.

Ok, I am now going to do some internet work and enjoy my yummy vanilla whey protein shake....LOL. You girls should try it, as it is yummy and filling Very Happy
mygrits
mygrits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerindenver on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:19 pm

aargh - just lost a long post and can't face retyping it all!!

Closing went fine and I'm down to paying just one mortgage again which is a big relief. Thanks, girls, for getting me through a stressful time!!

mygrits - got in the miles but only walking as my ankle is still ouchy. hope you enjoyed the rest of your day off!

neesy - can't wait to see your pics when you reach goal - you already have the world's best cheekbones, it's hard to imagine what you'll look like even slimmer Smile

Looking forward to a lazy evening of leftover pasta and a bubble bath. Plus a trashy thriller that I picked up at the grocery store Smile
dancerindenver
dancerindenver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next